LOL @ Second Wind.

Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-436SM4Rkxw

warriors are top damage right now in arenas.
there is a reason they are on almost half the arena teams.
my god you havnt even been in arena on that toon and you try to argue that?
have some experience and take away your bias.

warrior damage is to high in pvp right now. you would have to be blind to deny that

Mass spell reflect is garbage compared to SG, so you can't just assume every warrior has it and try to make a point.

Wait, why is SG so great? (I'm legitimately trying to learn here). Unless I'm mistaken, it does the same thing as intervene except it adds damage reduction to your target. So then why is SG miles ahead of an additional spell reflect that also reflects off everyone near by, when SG will replace intervene?
30% damage reduction tied to a 30sec cooldown that works on both physical AND magical damage, versus a 1min CD that affects only magical

SR is better for 1v1. SG is better for group play
30% damage reduction tied to a 30sec cooldown that works on both physical AND magical damage, versus a 1min CD that affects only magical

Wait a second, intervene's cooldown is only 30 second (so I'm not sure why that's relevant), and I was under the impression that the damage reduction only applied to your target and not yourself. So the only thing you get is a 30% damage reduction to an ally.

Even looking at it from an FC point of view it seems to me that I would rather have an extra spell reflect to avoid a death grip. You really think the damage reduction to a team mate is really worth potentially being gripped back into a bomb?
Not only that, but also, it removes any root/snare that affects you, every 30 seconds.

And let's face it, all those things are far more important in Arena than lolSR.
10/07/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Dyrik
Not only that, but also, it removes any root/snare that affects you, every 30 seconds.

Doesn't intervene do this as well?
SG removes movement effects....but the other thing that ppl over look and why i think it's more viable than Mass spell reflect...is that you can intervene your banners ( thinking from an arena perspective or a 1v1 situation. ) so if for example you charge a mage he blinks you heroic leap onto him, he then frost nova's and walks away you can drop a mocking banner on him and SG to it. free'ing you and bringing you right to him. then pop avatar and that will deff force block. just a situation ive seen it quite useful
get tanked on
Feels good being QQ'd about again.

Wait a second, intervene's cooldown is only 30 second (so I'm not sure why that's relevant), and I was under the impression that the damage reduction only applied to your target and not yourself. So the only thing you get is a 30% damage reduction to an ally.

Even looking at it from an FC point of view it seems to me that I would rather have an extra spell reflect to avoid a death grip. You really think the damage reduction to a team mate is really worth potentially being gripped back into a bomb?

This is why I said SG is better for GROUP play. The buffs obviously go to your partner.

If you are just worried about yourself with 1v1s against caster, Reflect may be better for you. Personally I like the utility too much.

My mentioning of the cooldown is to show how often you can help your partner with one talent vs another.
Hey guys, do you find yourselves sitting in Defensive stance more often than usual?

I used to sit in D-stance when I'm getting trained on.

But now, I find myself just staying in Dstance 100% of the time.
10/07/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Wreckk
but the other thing that ppl over look and why i think it's more viable than Mass spell reflect...is that you can intervene your banners

Right, but I'm asking, doesn't all these reasons also apply to intervene, which you don't need to talent into. It seems the only benefit SG has over intervene is that SG provides 30% damage reduction to your ally--which is a great reason to pick up SG. However, I feel that I'm missing something when people say that MSR is "garbage compared to SG."

Why is MSR garbage when most of what SG provides is already provided by intervene and SG will replace intervene so that you can't use both SG and intervene?

This is why I said SG is better for GROUP play. The buffs obviously go to your partner.

If you are just worried about yourself with 1v1s against caster, Reflect may be better for you. Personally I like the utility too much.

My mentioning of the cooldown is to show how often you can help your partner with one talent vs another.

Right, but you also said MSR is "garbage" compared to SG. It seems the only benefit of SG is that it provides 30% damage reduction to an ally--which is a GREAT benefit. However, I can't tell you the number of times the past week I've MSRed a polly/hex/other spell off of my brother--which I could do with SG (SR--->SG priest) but it would be much more difficult and require me to stop dps.

SG is definitely really good, but I'm still wondering why you think MSR is "garbage" compared to SG. It seems to me that both talents are really good choices.
Hey guys, do you find yourselves sitting in Defensive stance more often than usual?

I used to sit in D-stance when I'm getting trained on.

But now, I find myself just staying in Dstance 100% of the time.

You can do this, but you get rage-starved easier when trying to throw out more slams and executes if you don't budget your rage properly. To be most effective, I'd switch to Battle Stance when you aren't being focused so you can get more slams out as they actually hit pretty hard.

But of course, who am I kidding. People are still in the 'Warrior is an easy kill' mindset from Cata, so you're always going to be focused.
10/07/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Lssjbrolly
but the other thing that ppl over look and why i think it's more viable than Mass spell reflect...is that you can intervene your banners

Right, but I'm asking, doesn't all these reasons also apply to intervene, which you don't need to talent into. It seems the only benefit SG has over intervene is that SG provides 30% damage reduction to your ally--which is a great reason to pick up SG. However, I feel that I'm missing something when people say that MSR is "garbage compared to SG."

Why is MSR garbage when most of what SG provides is already provided by intervene and SG will replace intervene so that you can't use both SG and intervene?

Right, but you also said MSR is "garbage" compared to SG. It seems the only benefit of SG is that it provides 30% damage reduction to an ally--which is a GREAT benefit. However, I can't tell you the number of times the past week I've MSRed a polly/hex/other spell off of my brother--which I could do with SG (SR--->SG priest) but it would be much more difficult and require me to stop dps.

SG is definitely really good, but I'm still wondering why you think MSR is "garbage" compared to SG. It seems to me that both talents are really good choices.

MSR isn't complete garbage, but it is hard to choose a 1 minute spell reflect over a 30 second situational freedom. Especially considering no one picks Bladestorm anymore, and no one in their right mind is going to pop a trinket for a Mage root unless the kill is guaranteed.

I didn't say that. That was someone else. SR has its place, but I have a hard time justifying it for arenas. Maybe RBGs it could be crazy if caster cleaves ever rule the world again.

I lose minimal uptime with SG. Typically I lose none against melee as if I needed to SG, they are normally right next to him. Against casters, I just charge or Leap back. Our mobility is as such that whenever I play a different melee (mostly my enh shaman) I feel so limited.
Where are you guys getting this 30% SG from its tooltip says 20%
I don't understand how so many people simply can't do more than 3% health per second. That means with no SW at all you'd take over 30s to kill anyone? Really!? Yet on every other forum people are complaining about how ridiculously high damage is and people are dying in seconds.

SW is a joke and nearly worthless except maybe in a 1v1 duel with a rogue or blood dk.

Rogue damage is pretty low in comparison to other classes outside of killing spree or a well set up shadow dance.

Believe it or not but spamming dispatch and every single one connecting will most likely not drop a second wind warrior very quickly.