Make Spirit of Harmony Bind-on Account

Professions
The ability to use these throughout our accounts allows for a better individual experience with our alts. It would allow us to craft items on an alt to give it to our main which would be invaluable. I get the idea of bottlenecking crafting with a rare material, but this if this rare material cannot be used by a main character, while it can be used by an alt... it is extremely frustrating.

I am sitting on 8 SoH on my Paladin which is a JC/Enchanter, with BoA SoH I would be able to craft an epic piece of gear on my DK to equip on my paladin.
Agreed. I have tons of spirits on this mage and I have alts who could use them more than I can.
blizz has chosen to offer opportunities to trade your spirits for transferable mats instead. love it or hate it that is the reality i like that it makes professions of mains comparatively stronger due to greater access to the spirits.
Blizzard nailed it on the head with the harmony system. The overall drop rate at first was a little light, but I believe they've already addressed this. I too was thinking at first that they needed to BOA. Now that I've had time to play MOP, I'm sorry, but the system is perfect as is. This is coming from somebody who had an 85 of every class and 525 of every prof before MOP went live. I'm being punished by them not being BOA, but that's the point. You want to thrive in a profession, play the character that has it. As it should be.
Dead issue.

They already know you want it this way.

Eventually, we will all be growing 16x motes at level 90 (per day, or something.) The fact that they are BOP then is kind of moot.

Blizzard knows that, with the BOP thing existing to limit how many of those items can enter the game at one time (even with players who make them eventually being able to grow 16x motes a day.)

Also, you get them pretty fast. My lil DK herb/miner, who doesn't use them of course, is up to 4. This character made something that took one, then still hasn't got up to another one (lols.) I made the trillium rifle, with the sole limiter in my ability to make this, then sell it for 6 k gold (yeah, I was surprised it sold for that!) being the lack of harmony.

But this character also has not done as much of Kun-lai, which is where my DK was getting motes left and right (just doing the quests there, from mobs.)
10/07/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Karasummon
You want to thrive in a profession, play the character that has it. As it should be.

If you want people to still be playing this game 18 months from now, you should try not to burn them out on linear leveling content in the first 3 months. I want to craft useful items (while they're still useful) for my main and/or my guildmates, and not have to slog my way through Jade Forest, etc. again and again to do it.

No one is suggesting these things should be available on the AH like Chaos/Frozen Orbs eventually were. But with the addition of Account-wide mounts, titles, achievements, unlocks, etc., etc., these items not being BoA almost seems counter-productive to the apparent aim of all the rest of the whatnot that has been expanded to being account-wide. If playing the character(s) you wish to play, and not the one(s) you feel like you have to play is the ultimate goal, then this one is clearly going the other way.

I know the Devs put a great deal of thought into the decisions they make, and often have considerations that the players are unaware of. Having said that however, sometimes it seems to me they should spend less time asking themselves "why?" and more time asking "why not?".

When you weigh the positive impact against the negative impact, to me this seems like it's mostly win.
12/07/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Finnbarr
You want to thrive in a profession, play the character that has it. As it should be.

If you want people to still be playing this game 18 months from now, you should try not to burn them out on linear leveling content in the first 3 months. I want to craft useful items (while they're still useful) for my main and/or my guildmates, and not have to slog my way through Jade Forest, etc. again and again to do it.

Then level that character first.

I AM a character with a lot of crafting alts. This system is actually pretty great. From a personal standpoint? It's inconvenient, but only because I'm used to making everything for myself. For the most part, I still can - Get an item, enchant it myself with one alt and gem it with another. You'll notice that the professions that are more supportive don't use harmonies anywhere close to the same extent - Enchanting, Inscription, Jewelcrafting, Alchemy.

However! Those professions that make gear have been throttled by the system to make them actually matter. If crafting supply wasn't limited, the supply would start to overwhelm the demand MUCH faster.

"why not?'

Because a crafter should be able to make things people want. Because your choice of professions should matter - It shouldn't just be "I don't have this one yet". Because you should, you REALLY SHOULD, have to communicate or at least exchange things with people on your server that are outside of your guild.
My biggest problem is that all Crafting profession do not need/use them equally. I would like to be able to use them for crafting but currently my best/most profitable use of them as a Tailor/Enchanter is to trade for Golden Lotus to sell or send to my alchemist.

As of last weekend to make a Royal Satchel using spirits to shortcut the Imperial Silk cool-down, it would have effectively cost 10800g in Mats.

36 Spirits =
72 Golden Lotus @ ~150g each.=10800

If I actually had a something that I could make that would be worth using them on I wouldn't mind them being BoP so much. As it stands they just continue to fill up in my bank (currently up to 3 stacks) in hopes I'll be able to send them to my other crafting alts that have worthwhile uses for them.
12/07/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Drunkencrono
If crafting supply wasn't limited, the supply would start to overwhelm the demand MUCH faster.

That has already happened. Because I have excess SoH on a character that has no real use for them, I end up making the one or two craftable BoE epics I can, and put them up on the AH. The prices of those has already dropped to the point that they are the very "free epics" everyone is always complaining about.

Making the Spirirts BoA would not make it much worse than it already is now.

12/07/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Drunkencrono
Because a crafter should be able to make things people want. Because your choice of professions should matter - It shouldn't just be "I don't have this one yet". Because you should, you REALLY SHOULD, have to communicate or at least exchange things with people on your server that are outside of your guild.

Not everyone is an altoholic with 7 skill-capped crafter alts. Those who aren't tend to rely on those of us who are. I could help a lot more if capping crafting skills was no more dependent on leveling that it has been in past expansions.

I'm not saying there aren't ways around the problem. Obviously there are. I'm saying; Ask yourself what are the reasons not to do this, and weigh them against the reasons to do it. I admit that there may be unintended consequences, but I think the good far outweighs the bad in this case.
I used to be against making spirits of harmony bind-on-account, but I think I'm slowly changing my opinion.

I liked the fact that playing a single character, as opposed to an army of alts, is now encouraged, because I hate leveling alts. But then I realized that, since I'm making most of my money lately from glyphs, the viability of my single-character strategy is improved by having other people play with an army of alts.

Hmmm...but what if those armies of alts include more scribes, and people start making their own glyphs? This requires more thought.
Please make the bind to account. If it's not done then I will have to grind up my druid right now and I'd really rather enjoy my monk. I want the staff my druid can make but can't get him spirits of harmony. I would rather make my own staff than get one in a raid.

I know Blizzard you were thinking about changing this at some point, I think now would be a great point since so many people are already 90 now and working on their mains. This would enable some to enjoy their crafting professions on their alts without having to grind their character level right after they pounded out their first toon or two.
I would also like to see Bind on account Spirits of Harmony.Farming these things is an all day affair ....
Spirits should be BoA. All this daily farming nonsense has driven a lot of people to stop playing, and it's getting to a lot of us who do still play. MoP = daily grind, it's annoying. You have to grind dailies to do just about anything.
I keep seeing all of these request for BoA spirits of harmony, though I have yet to see a good reason for making the change. Most of the requests seem to be from individuals with multiple profession alts. That is a personal choice, not a requirement of the game, nor is it a valid reason to change the system.

You can easily get 1.6 SoH a day with a few minutes of work, more then enough to make your own gear if you leveled the appropriate profession. With the right grinding spots, I have also heard of individuals earning more then 2 SoH an hour. Yes, it becomes somewhat of a job at that point, by that is also a personal choice should you choose not to buy from other players on the server.

We went from having nothing to do in Cata to having to much to do in Mists. But at least in this expansion, you can choose to do less if you would like. And it will likely make you happier if you don't try to do everything.
01/14/2013 06:58 AMPosted by Jozie
I keep seeing all of these request for BoA spirits of harmony, though I have yet to see a good reason for making the change. Most of the requests seem to be from individuals with multiple profession alts. That is a personal choice, not a requirement of the game, nor is it a valid reason to change the system.

So the fact that this so called Crafting material hasn't been actually worth using for crafting (for several of the non-gathering professions) isn't a good reason to change the system?

It's only been within the last 2 weeks that using these for Tailoring has been worth it. Unfortunately, that's only because the price of mats that I could trade for and sell has dropped far more than the price of what I could make.

That fact was the biggest reason I wanted them changed to BoA or BoE for that matter (asking for BoA was just a compromise to keep from completely ruining their value). If they're going to be promoted as this great thing for crafting professions then they need to be valuable and useful for ALL the non-gathering professions not just a couple of them.

I've said the same thing all along.

If I had something worth actually making with them I'd drop my request to make them BoA/BoE, which I suppose I now can since it's worth making items with SoH thanks to the price drop of Golden Lotus not because they are suddenly worth more than ~200g to this Char.
01/14/2013 07:42 AMPosted by Sharmarli
So the fact that this so called Crafting material hasn't been actually worth using for crafting (for several of the non-gathering professions) isn't a good reason to change the system?

The fact that they are primarily intended for armor crafting professions, like with previous "orbs", is not a reason to make them BoA. They are intended to be used by the character who farmed them, not your army of alts that sit in SW all day. By limiting their use to "mains", armor crafting professions have been somewhat able to turn a profit this expansion.

Now I could see adding daily SoH cooldowns for scribes, though that would hurt the already declining market for DMC. I could see the epic gem patterns simply requiring a rare gem plus a SoH for the epic stats, though that would kill my JC profit. I could even see trading 10-20 SoH for a blood spirit.

But I fail to see how making the spirits BoA helps the game as a whole, and not just the alt-aholics with profession alt armies who would flood the market and reduce demand.
01/14/2013 09:24 AMPosted by Jozie
But I fail to see how making the spirits BoA helps the game as a whole

I generally agree that it wouldn't be good overall.

That however hasn't kept me from being aggravated that up until the last two weeks they've been worth more traded as mats (which I could just shuffle off to support that army of crafting alts) than anything I could make with Tailoring, which I, at least, consider an armor crafting profession.

01/14/2013 09:24 AMPosted by Jozie
Now I could see adding daily SoH cooldowns for scribes, though that would hurt the already declining market for DMC. I could see the epic gem patterns simply requiring a rare gem plus a SoH for the epic stats, though that would kill my JC profit. I could even see trading 10-20 SoH for a blood spirit.

I like some of these suggestions and along these lines, I think the disparity in value between the various non-gathering professions drives quite a few of these threads. If they had more equivalent value I think many of these threads would disappear.