Clever **PVP** Uses for Alter Time

Mage
Posted by Jkspiritlink
Before CC lands alter time out of that stuff yo.

...Why did that never occur to me O_o. Added.

I didnt think of it either, credit goes to Venruki.

I saw him alter time a blind.

THINK ABOUT HOW AMAZING THAT IS.

not that amazing because you're spending your best offensive cooldown on reducing Blind's duration by 50% :(

One of my favorites: If you are full HP and your Priest teammate is about to die, alter time, life swap, alter time. Now you're both full hp!

Note that the best way to use Alter Time is to combine two or more of these methods together at the same time. Is your Priest teammate taking damage and you want to burst? Pet Freeze, PoM, Alter Time, life swap, spend all your procs, Alter Time, spend all your procs again. Full heal + damage + PoM ring + PoM sheep. Always look for a way to generate procs before using alter time.
01/10/2013 09:14 AMPosted by Affx
not that amazing because you're spending your best offensive cooldown on reducing Blind's duration by 50% :(

it was like.. 75ish% he sat the blind for like 2 seconds and then was out. and scored a kill coming out of the shortened blind.
01/10/2013 12:18 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink

it was like.. 75ish% he sat the blind for like 2 seconds and then was out. and scored a kill coming out of the shortened blind.

Then he didn't Alter Time a Blind, the Rogue blinded in to alter time :P
01/10/2013 12:19 PMPosted by Affx
Then he didn't Alter Time a Blind, the Rogue blinded in to alter time :P

you hush. he used (perhaps unintentionally) alter time to get out of it early. IT COUNTS.
Nice. In other news, I ice blocked mortal coil from 0 yards away last night. I ice blocked, and 6 seconds later a Warlock waddled up and mortal coiled in to the ice block. Putting it in my next movie

;)
your elephants are still uneven.
01/09/2013 09:59 PMPosted by Searik
Alter Time, jump off ledge, have melee follow you, warp back. I've had warlocks do this too me enough that I starting to take some hints lol

Yup, it's already on the list.

My idea is a slight variation of something already mentioned (by Kaijinn) but which is especially useful against teams that are turtling in WSG or Twin Peaks.

On the ledge that overlooks the flag room (or in the hallway immediately connected to that ledge) I'll: slow fall myself, cast Alter Time, cast invisibility and go pick up the flag. I'll port pack into the hallway, the horde not even aware of what just took place.

Added.

One of my favorites: If you are full HP and your Priest teammate is about to die, alter time, life swap, alter time. Now you're both full hp!

Note that the best way to use Alter Time is to combine two or more of these methods together at the same time. Is your Priest teammate taking damage and you want to burst? Pet Freeze, PoM, Alter Time, life swap, spend all your procs, Alter Time, spend all your procs again. Full heal + damage + PoM ring + PoM sheep. Always look for a way to generate procs before using alter time.

Hmm, never even considered the possibilities with Life Swap. Added! (Also added the general tip you mentioned at the top).
01/10/2013 12:31 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink
your elephants are still uneven.

watch your back
Its not often worth it, but one useful thing you can do is that if you're struggling to hit a pillar-humping healer (or DPS), you can alter time and run around. He will, of course, run the other way and you can hit Alter Time and land right on top of him.

If he doesn't run the other way, you can cancelaura and hit him anyways.
I have to remember to use alter time more, such a great ability that I always forget to use when i get tunnel vision on dps.

Thanks for the post guys. This is really helpful.
If you have the Iceblock glyph I think you can use it in conjuction with Alter Time to essentially have 6 seconds of spell immunity after Iceblock wears off.

If you have chosen Greater Invisibility talent, you can use Alter Time right after GI wears off, to have 6 seconds of 90% dmg reduction.

Obviously, using AT in this way is more for defensive playing (like when you're getting focused).
For sure use alter time againts DK's death grips... In arena against a warrior and death knight if he pulls you in, you're a goner
Going against a DK, I've spellstolen his AMS, gotten 2xFoF and BF, AT to have two brain freezes, three FoF ice lances (using the last one to DF and hit him with three more) all while holding his AMS on myself for an extended duration. Fun use: See an enemy's buff that you want? SS, AT= more buff for you and none for him.
The otherday I rocketjumped/engineer kited my way to BS from LM and went invis... poped out and ice lanced the two morons guarding the flag by the edge. When they jumped on me i poped Alter Time and hopped into the water, they followed. Popped back and capped the flag and managed to hold them off till it capped.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2seG0sTmkbo
There you go.
I've been running SPriest/Mage in 2's. 90% of the time they go on my priest so he'll pop dispersion. That's my cue to Alter Time. He casts Life Swap. Alter Time again. Both at full health.
well it's not that clever and can be used in pvp as well but i wait for 2 arcane missiles proc, alter time, use 2 arcane missiles, then arc barrage, then after alter time i have 2 arcane missiles again plus 6 stacks of arcane charge :) lol newbie player here! so pardon me if this is very obvious already haha
10/09/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Eluss
If you are full HP and your Priest teammate is about to die, alter time, life swap, alter time. Now you're both full hp!
u can break that whole list down to 3 uses

Escape mechanic
Proc Reset
Debuff reset
I'm so making the macro

/cast alter time
/cast iceblock