Flight Form: An Unfair Disadvantage

Druid
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
W

Then you're well aware of the existence of class specific perks, and how long the 'difference' between mounts and druid flight form has been in place. Good. We have a long period of time indicating that despite many a chance to do so, blizzard has never felt it necessary to either give the rest of you an equal 'situation', or nerf ours.

I'd suggest you give some thought to the impact instant mounts might have on PVP. It might not be anything significant compared to the 1.5s limit now, but, eh, something to ponder.

Up to you. I'm not nor have I ever been wildly sympathetic to temper tantrums being pitched about flight form gathering/questing, but you at least attempted to be civil, so I'll do the same.

Edit: And I just read a few more of your posts later in the thread. So much for civility.

When I stated in the initial post that I wasn't trying to start anything, yet people ignore it and proceed to insult me in subtle ways, or just troll me by telling me to just "get over it?"
It's not a temper tantrum, and it isn't the first time this has happened to me, and it's happened to numerous guild-mates.

EDIT: Someone has already brought the idea of unbalanced PvP and I've already offered a remedy for that as well, seeing as I didn't consider it initially. It would balance the non-PvP/Out-of-Combat side of the situation.

You know, everyone has had a quest item or herb node 'ninjad' from them. Druids are not immune to this occurrence. >.>

But okay, sure. Give everyone else the ability to instantly mount. What do I get in return? You just took away one of the defining since the dawn of time unique druid features (instant travel, then with tbc, instant flight). Do we get compensated in some way for our largest quality of life perk being removed?

*waits*
It's okay. It's obvious you're either illiterate or too close-minded to see the point I'm trying to make. And seeing as you're playing a Druid, you're taking offense to the fact that someone deems your class as unfair. I get it. We all grew out of it at one point.

And what do warriors get? We're ferocious on the battlefield, but what about out of combat? Nothing.

I lol'd.
My thought on ur PvP idea would work for BGs but on a pvp server where practically every area is a pvp zone, it would still pose a problem.
10/12/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Wylder
Really Slad, try a Druid. u know u want 2. There's nothing more satisfying than escaping a gank by dashing off of a steep cliff and activating flight form after combat drops while falling.

I attempted to play a Druid once. I achieved level 14 before I decided that it just wasn't a class for me. It didn't pull me in right away and I didn't see myself playing it in the future, so I left it alone. However, with this ability to gather nodes quicker and more efficiently than other classes, I am tempted to make a druid just to be a miner and herbalist, although, I shouldn't have to do so.
You choose a warrior because you liked a certain role/look/feel for the class. We chose this class for the same reason, I do not think you should be crying to the wind because we have an insta cast flying form.

If someone stealed you ore/herb/skins then it is the players fault not the class with the insta cast. If you want an insta cast then roll a druid.

You should not cry overpowered or unfair if you do not like something. I wish people would just accept changes with out crying to the four winds. Take it like a man, if you do not like it roll a druid.
10/12/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Sladverr
, I am tempted to make a druid just to be a miner and herbalist, although, I shouldn't have to do so.

Have people stole that many nodes from you that you are willing to spend so many hours to level one toon so you can farm with him/her? WOW! I did not know druids were that popular... or are they all farmers?
10/12/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Wylder
My thought on ur PvP idea would work for BGs but on a pvp server where practically every area is a pvp zone, it would still pose a problem.

How about, "If you're flagged for PvP, you have a 1.5 second mounting cast time. Otherwise, you have instant cast. Also, if you're in combat, you're unable to mount." Problem solved.
Then, PvP servers would be balanced as well as battlegrounds, arenas, and PvP-Zone in particular. How's that?
You choose a warrior because you liked a certain role/look/feel for the class. We chose this class for the same reason, I do not think you should be crying to the wind because we have an insta cast flying form.

If someone stealed you ore/herb/skins then it is the players fault not the class with the insta cast. If you want an insta cast then roll a druid.

You should not cry overpowered or unfair if you do not like something. I wish people would just accept changes with out crying to the four winds. Take it like a man, if you do not like it roll a druid.

I chose to play a warrior because I like the combat style that the class provides. I didn't choose a druid because I did not like the style and feel of the class in combat. Class perks should apply to combat situations only. One class should not have an advantage at farming nodes over all other classes because of a combat perk. End of story.
EDIT: I was being a bit.. vague when I said "Class perks should apply to combat situations only." This would mean Warlocks and Mages wouldn't have their out-of-combat abilities, like summoning portals and city portals, food tables, etc. To be more specific, abilities that are meant to have an affect on combat situations should only affect combat situations. Perks such as summoning portals, teleportation, water-walking are all non-combat perks and are fine the way they exist now.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120317040342/battlefield/images/7/7a/YOUMAD.gif

:P
10/12/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Sladverr
Class perks should apply to combat situations only. One class should not have an advantage at farming nodes over all other classes because of a combat perk. End of story.

Playing wow for 6 years and this is the first time I see someone complaining about our insta cast flight form.

See there is always a trade off, we get insta cast flight form and you get to show off your armor. As a feral I will never be able to do so, but you do not see me complaining.

Now how much ore/herb have you actually lost? if the druid got there before you did it was his. If you saw him there then you move to the next one, if he beats you to the next ore/herb then you were too slow or he had 310 flying speed? I just do not see how an insta cast affect you personally if you did not dismount in the first place. What it looks to me is that you and the druid saw the same nod at the same time, he was quicker or closer and got there first. You still dismounted and proceeded to scream at him/her for daring to take the node/herb that you had claimed by just looking at it, and then got pissed off because the druid just took off and left you talking to yourself.

I see the benefit in the gathering time since we do not need the 1.5 casting time but what do you care (unless what I described above actually happened to you).
[Wall of Text] [Melee] hit [You] Critical 435,867 Physical (128,397 Overkill).
[You] died.
10/12/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Sladverr

How about, "If you're flagged for PvP, you have a 1.5 second mounting cast time. Otherwise, you have instant cast. Also, if you're in combat, you're unable to mount." Problem solved.
Then, PvP servers would be balanced as well as battlegrounds, arenas, and PvP-Zone in particular. How's that?

I would be ok with that. As long as it didn't impact pvp. I agree that when it comes to gathering herbs and looting, all players should be able to remain mounted though. I don't see why not.
http://f.pepst.com/c/d/8F7BDD/375042/ssc3/home/001/msg.for.anamika/crying_boy.gif

:P
10/12/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Vaalok
Class perks should apply to combat situations only. One class should not have an advantage at farming nodes over all other classes because of a combat perk. End of story.

Playing wow for 6 years and this is the first time I see someone complaining about our insta cast flight form.

See there is always a trade off, we get insta cast flight form and you get to show off your armor. As a feral I will never be able to do so, but you do not see me complaining.

Now how much ore/herb have you actually lost? if the druid got there before you did it was his. If you saw him there then you move to the next one, if he beats you to the next ore/herb then you were too slow or he had 310 flying speed? I just do not see how an insta cast affect you personally if you did not dismount in the first place. What it looks to me is that you and the druid saw the same nod at the same time, he was quicker or closer and got there first. You still dismounted and proceeded to scream at him/her for daring to take the node/herb that you had claimed by just looking at it, and then got pissed off because the druid just took off and left you talking to yourself.

I see the benefit in the gathering time since we do not need the 1.5 casting time but what do you care (unless what I described above actually happened to you).

I've not been stolen from while gathering nodes, seeing as my professions are still in their baby stages. The issue that got on my nerves enough that I decided to make a post about it is the exact thing I mentioned in the initial post. A druid swooped in while I was fighting a group of enemies, looted the objects while still in flight form, and was gone before I could even finish fighting. What is to keep any other class from doing the same thing? Druids can do it much easier, and they can avoid combat much easier than any other class.

The issue isn't just that they can steal nodes. That wasn't even the entire point I was making. It was that they can gather faster, because they don't have to wait 1.5 seconds after every node. After a day of gathering, 1.5 seconds every time really adds up. Let's say you gathered from 200 nodes today. 1.5 * 200 = 300. That is 300 seconds, 5 minutes that a druid saved in just one day. If you gathered 200 nodes every day for a normal year, a druid saved a total of
1825 minutes, or 30.4 hours. That is an unnecessary amount of time, no matter how small the amount.

I would be ok with that. As long as it didn't impact pvp. I agree that when it comes to gathering herbs and looting, all players should be able to remain mounted though. I don't see why not.

Thank you. That makes sense. That fix is even simpler than my initial proposition, and it wouldn't affect combat or PvP in any way. Good job.
How does a Druid mine ore while in the form of a bird, anyway?*(A bird cannot hold anything, much less a pickax.)*

EDIT: *
10/12/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Bigjilm
Well, we do have to be "on the ground" in order to loot/pick/skin/mine ...
We actually can pick up quest items while in the air, but herbing does require being on the ground.

How does a Druid mine ore while in the form of a bird, anyway?*(A bird cannot hold anything, much less a pickax.)*

/sigh

dont expect us to take you seriously when you insist on posting about stuff you havent bothered looking up.

ps: im a tauren druid, not only do i not leave ff, i can pick an herb in .25 seconds.

/sigh

dont expect us to take you seriously when you insist on posting about stuff you havent bothered looking up.

ps: im a tauren druid, not only do i not leave ff, i can pick an herb in .25 seconds.

Umm.. That bit was typed in as a joke. Seeing as a bird would be physically incapable of doing such a thing. That is why I made an edit.

EDIT: The purpose of this thread has been fulfilled. We've found a reasonable solution to make the game a little more fair to everyone without taking from any class or making anything unbalanced.
Sorry I'm too busy herbing to read all this nonsense.
10/12/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Vladislaw
I believe it is causing druids to have an unfair disadvantage

Thanks for your concern, but it's actually quite helpful!

I was going to type the exact same thing!