Just give us reputation tabards, Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22 26 Next
10/13/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Dendi
if you missed a day because you didn't want/couldn't do dailies, you could make that time and points up by running dungeons

you mean HAVE to do dungeons? a lot of the factions didn't even have dailies.

i'm not saying that there shouldn't be a option, but the old system does not work. Period.

FFS

How is that the easy way!?
Dailies are easy. Mind numbingly easy.
Time consuming, repetitive, boring =/= Hard content.

You do realize that heroics and dailies are actually aimed at the same people now, don't you? Something quick you can do, get a tangible reward for your efforts, and do rather quickly or broken up throughout the day or evening when you a a chance to play.

I really think you're stretching to call heroics "hard content."

Would say heroics are a hell of alot harder than dailies.

Dailies = So effin easy
Heroics = medium
Raid = Hard
Heroic Raid= very hard

imo
10/12/2012 07:35 PMPosted by Viernes
I'll be quitting if they don't. I know alot of other people will be too.

Cool story bro. We're losing a level 2.

Would say heroics are a hell of alot harder than dailies.

I wouldn't. Ask that warlock above us about the mantid in the Shado-Pan dailies. I gave you an example too. Lots of fun because, hey, I couldn't use any trick to get out of combat thanks to my NPC helper and the repawns that roam in packs keeping me from running out to despawn her.

I would posit that heroics are the least judge of player competency at this point given they're a memorized, choreographed dance with softball punishments.

That's a good thing for the playerbase, but to conclude they're anything difficult is just hilarious.
I can't stand the wrath/cata style of getting rep with tabards. At least this way it'll give u something to do during the course of MoP.
10/13/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Thieren
I would posit that heroics are the least judge of player competency at this point given they're a memorized, choreographed dance with softball punishments.

Well dungeons are designed that way because of the selfish soloists that did not want to work together with others and pull their own weight in group based content. The dailies seem to have gotten a bunch of these uncooperative players out of the heroic dungeons.
10/12/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Olórin
All I'm asking for is an alternative method of gaining reputation with the MoP factions.

There is a difference between "Alternative method" and "easymode".

Well dungeons are designed that way because of the selfish soloists that did not want to work together with others and pull their own weight in group based content. The dailies seem to have gotten a bunch of these uncooperative players out of the heroic dungeons.

Well, I'm no complaining, mind. After I see them for the first time so I can see the story I'm content to burn through them. My point was that dailies -- and scenarios -- require more adaptive behavior at this point then heroics.
/signed
why do people have to have it so easy u can do it in a matter of 1 week! some people actually like to prolong stuff so u have something to do till next expansion people quit whining and just go do ur dailes ect and quit complaining like holy **** if they wanted it to be heres ur gear they would have went oh here is ur gear like in cata with the easy Jp gear and valour vendor!

Summerization STOP BEING LAZY PEOPLE DO UR DAILIES AND QUIT WHINING!
Introducing tabards just creates another dull and boring grind, in instances that you do dozens of times a day, day after day, just mindlessly killing Mobs in heroics that weren't meant for rep grinding. Most of the heroics themselvees are to short on trash to be a considerable rep increase for doing them. Therefore you would be putting in more work for less reward with a tabard system, versus the dailies, where you get VP, gold, and Rep for maybe an hour or two of time a day. Sure, the dailies are repetitive, but it offers a fixed amount of rep and a structured ladder to climb, and it is still more interesting than mindlessly running dungeons such as in Wrath/Cata. The later being the expansion that saw millions leave the game when, *among other things*, this tabard sytem was in place.
exactly a men Bradok people justw ant to be able to get it be done and quit again cause there to dang laZy!
10/13/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Ztex
All I'm asking for is an alternative method of gaining reputation with the MoP factions.

There is a difference between "Alternative method" and "easymode".

There is also a different between "hard" and "time consuming".

Dailies are not difficult content, they are just time consuming.

If you want to argue that Heroic Dungeons are just as easy, that's fine, but don't try and argue that they are anymore "easymode" than dailies. Most people wouldn't even care if rep gain was *slower* in dungeons, just as long as it was an option.
They are going to delete this thread like they did all the others. GC and Blizzard are not going to admit they made a huge mistake with the rep tied exclusively to dailies.
10/13/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Tatertawt
They are going to delete this thread like they did all the others. GC and Blizzard are not going to admit they made a huge mistake with the rep tied exclusively to dailies.

it was a huge mistake to make rep only tabards as well
10/13/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Bradok
Introducing tabards just creates another dull and boring grind, in instances that you do dozens of times a day, day after day, just mindlessly killing Mobs in heroics that weren't meant for rep grinding. Most of the heroics themselvees are to short on trash to be a considerable rep increase for doing them. Therefore you would be putting in more work for less reward with a tabard system, versus the dailies, where you get VP, gold, and Rep for maybe an hour or two of time a day. Sure, the dailies are repetitive, but it offers a fixed amount of rep and a structured ladder to climb, and it is still more interesting than mindlessly running dungeons such as in Wrath/Cata. The later being the expansion that saw millions leave the game when, *among other things*, this tabard sytem was in place.

It's interesting to you. But solo content is painfully boring to me (just like dungeons seem to be painfully boring to you). I hate DPSing, and even if you're in a healer spec, you're a DPS when you solo, you just suck at it.

I wouldn't mind putting more work into rep by going through dungeons and gaining rep at a slower pace, because then it would be a way for me to rep up without having to do boring dailies, even if the dailies were faster, and even if I could only get to revered in the rep.

Mainly, I'd just want to unlock the ability to spend my VP, and spend it on useful stuff, without having to get through terrible solo content to spend the VP I earn in group content.
10/12/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Olórin
I'm not making this thread to argue about dailies, or reputation, or Blizzard. I just want my reputation tabards back. All I'm asking for is an alternative method of gaining reputation with the MoP factions. Simply post in this thread if you agree. Maybe if enough of us say something Blizzard will consider it.

You act like you're special. Stop crying, go farm. Same goes for the rest of you.
10/13/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Emerin
Mainly, I'd just want to unlock the ability to spend my VP, and spend it on useful stuff, without having to get through terrible solo content to spend the VP I earn in group content.

it needs to be pointed out that almost all of the valor stuff can be opened at friendly...which you can get questing through the zone. Though I know people want to skip questing alltogeather too.../sigh
I'm getting frustrated with the sheer number of dailies required to obtain my final patterns (Satchel + Bracer Enchants + Weapon Enchants), and feel like I'm starting to burn out already.

This is entirely too fast of a burnout for this expansion.

Either quintuple the amount of reputation you receive from dailies, give us tabards or something. I'm fading fast, this expansion, and the skinner box 'you have to do your dailies today, or you'll fall behind' stuff is annoying.