Regarding spoilers

Story Forum
I find it very interesting that most people on this forum are pretty cool with enforcing spoilers warnings on books before they come out, but have absolutely no concern whatseover for spoilers from datamined audio files before that content even hits the PTR.

Why is this?

EDIT: I could've sworn there was a thread titled "Anduin dies," but now I don't see it. Maybe it got renamed...
If I had to guess, I would say that they usualy only do the warnings for the book when it hasn't come out yet (the time between its released and when select few people get early copies) but for things like PTR stuff, it is easily(ish) accessable and very subjective to change. At least I think this is the rationale if that makes sence.
It took about 3 hours for most of the major known or suspected plot points in 5.1 to have been basically spoiled for me just from people posting too much information in their thread titles, even when they weren't posting blatant spoilers, they list the character name and the characters or factions they're interacting with and suddenly three threads like that all suggest what happens through deduction I can't even stop myself from working through.

I don't know why I even try to avoid it all at this point. I suppose it's for that thrill I get in game when something happens I truly wasn't expecting.

Sadly it seems the only way to preserve that is not to come to the forums.
I find it very interesting that most people on this forum are pretty cool with enforcing spoilers warnings on books before they come out, but have absolutely no concern whatseover for spoilers from datamined audio files before that content even hits the PTR.

Why is this?

EDIT: I could've sworn there was a thread titled "Anduin dies," but now I don't see it. Maybe it got renamed...

There was on MMO Champ, and the general forum too. Not sure about here. That one really stuck in my craw.
Books are pretty much set in stone, whereas datamined stuff isn't.

See the Alliance TH intro and the datamined Rommath and Benedictus cut scenes.
Books are pretty much set in stone, whereas datamined stuff isn't.

See the Alliance TH intro and the datamined Rommath and Benedictus cut scenes.

O-kaaaay. So if there's a slight possibility what you're spoiling is changed, it's okay to spoil it anyway?
It really isn't accepted either way, at least without warnings. Trouble is, a lot more people look at the game spoilers than the books, and it just takes one of those people to ignore rules and conventions for them to spoil everyone with a title. Sure, most people hate it and it goes against the rules, but there are people who don't care, and will ruin it for many others before Blizzard is able to force a title change.