This...this trashy report AFK system.

Battlegrounds
Third time in a row i've been kicked from an EoTS while I was dead. After spawning, on my way to MT, i'm kicked with no debuff showing on me.

When I died the rez timer had just reset so I had to wait the full duration. I think is is complete crap and needs to be fixed. Last game it happened in we were losing, but score was 300-1400. A few more minutes of losing, or 15 minutes of just sitting here doing !@#$ waiting for deserter to go away.
/bump

Was just reported as AFK 2 mins into an Alterac Valley heading north to the bunkers. I was the lead horde person and so I was obviously not AFK. But I was so far ahead all the Alliance had gone past and I couldn't attack NPC's to remove the debuff.. so i got kicked and deserter placed on me. How is this system so fail that even if you are not AFK you get kicked. Feels like there is some program mass spamming afk's on people. Really bad for people like me who guard bunkers and flags and such.
^ troll
Seeing that I'm 90 already and fully honored gear. That makes a lot of sense that I would bot/afk in bg's.
10/12/2012 05:08 PMPosted by False
Above are users of afk bots trying to 'fix' the system for their benefit.

You're an idiot.
So i have noticed people doing this to people lately. They ignore a said player wait a little bit make a rant about bots then claim your a bot b/c you dont answer back. Then other report you assuming you really are afk some d-bag from my guild does it to people for what he calls "fun".
Yeah my GF asked why i was reported afk and then she got reported and giving a debuff saying reported as lazy.

Please take notice blizzard that groups of people are reporting people afk who displease them in chat.
10/12/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Paratesteas
Yeah my GF asked why i was reported afk and then she got reported and giving a debuff saying reported as lazy.

That's the difference between 2-3 people reporting her afk, and 5+ people reporting you afk.

10/12/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Paratesteas
Please take notice blizzard that groups of people are reporting people afk who displease them in chat.

You, or your gf? >.>
Both. Problem was she was close enough to an alliance to remove the debuff... I wasn't.

Ohhh.... you mean did I say something to displease them. No I did not type a word into chat the 2 mins I was in that bg.
/bump

10/12/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Splixer
You're an idiot.
10/12/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Splixer
You're an

afk bot
ok
I'm glad we could reach a consensus.
Well this is a game mechanic that people can take advantage of. For example a friend had the flag on our flag cap in WSG. the Allies are turtling and our team is yelling for our flag guy to drop the flag to lose. My friend says no we still have plenty of time to win. They group up and report him AFK... of course there are no ally close enough to break the AFK debuff.. and he gets kicked out and given deserter. If he capped that flag we would have won.

I'm saying just add something to let people .. who are not actually afk/botting not get kicked by a group of people who dislike what they are doing.
Until I see a vid or in game not gunna believe it.
I nerd rage in chat when my group sucks and I don't get kicked, so sorry OP I think you are leaving something out of the story.
10/12/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Faenya
I nerd rage in chat when my group sucks and I don't get kicked, so sorry OP I think you are leaving something out of the story.

15 minute debuff or 1-2 more minutes of losing.

Which is more efficient at collecting honor.
10/12/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Chibicakes
Until I see a vid or in game not gunna believe it.

There are no pics or vids. Only proof there is, is my word. Therefore all evidence points to this being true.