Too Many Dailies??

Quests
Hey I don't know why. Level and rep ONE toon to 90, with all reps unlocked at max, and you will find leveling subsequent toons easy peasy, as there are rep tokens to buy that allow for 100% rep gains for All toons on the account. So while doing just regular quest's in Kun Lai my 87 toon is gaining Rep with 2 different factions just from Quests. WHy is it that people just give up and cry foul when it is NOT the way it was?
As I posted in previous QQing, Rep was Gated three Xpac's ago in Burning Crusade, so this is nothing new. All the crying babies that are in this Brave New world, are just seeing a return to one of the COOLEST parts of the game b4 TABBYTARDS!
Guess not been playing long. Because in BC gear was gated behind rep. And you are absolutly asking for free pass. You want the gear, rep the rep. OBTW the dailies change after each Rep increase....so you are not doing the same ones over and over. You want your Tabards back to go into Dg's to get rep. I do NOT want a tabard to get rep via Dgs. I Quest, and do dailies.
People in the guild just accept the fact, untill we raid, we do dailies for the rep to get the gear, just as we did in BC. Then Blizzard introduced (tabbytards) Tabards, so the babies could skip dailies and GRIND Dungeons. Which I hate. Over and over same fights, same bosses, and you don't like dailies with variations every day? Your one sick puppy. Rep grinding in a dungeon? Talk about boring as all heck. At least out of Dungeons i don't need 4 others to depend on some skill to do the work. (or in a lot of cases) being carried through!
So you all don't like what blizzard has done? Take your money somewhere else! They, (blizzard) don't need or want your input. It is Their Game.

no i didn't play in BC, and i'm well aware that gear was gated behind rep at that point, however, blizzard strives to give the players more OPTIONS. Returning tabards to the game is a way to give the players that would rather grind the dungeons instead of doing dailies a way to get rep without having to do the things they don't want to do that take forever.

Now, I'm not suggesting WoTLK style tabards with unlimited rep gain. What I'm suggesting is a tabard that allows you to gain a capped amount of rep every day, from running dungeons. As many people have said on these forums, when you're required to do all those dailies every day, it begins to feel like a second job, and as somebody who works 10-16 hours days, I don't have 2 hours to do all my dailies when i get home and on the weekend I want to be able to do my LFR and guild raids.

It's all well and fine that you don't enjoy farming heroics like some people do, Fiinerlife, but you know you could upgrade your: Head, Shoulders, Back, Boots, Both Trinkets and your weapon in heroics, maybe you should put the time into gearing your character like you should before you come talking like we're bad players because we don't WANT to do dailies
dailys are boring as hell, doing the same damn thing every freakin' day....why not let us purchase a Tabard when you're Honored with Factions....it would be so much easier.....get a Tabard, do heroics, and get rep for whatever Tabard you're wearing....

Seriously Blizzard, consider doing something with the all "Daily Quests" etc.
IRL, I go to work, am given a list of mostly the same things to do every day with some variations, then I go home and want to escape on WoW. This place where I can do things on my time, in this fantasy world where I can be a hero or a crafter or a farmer or a pet battler. However, when every system is artificially gated with 24hour CD's… the fantasy starts to diminish and I am just at work, doing my daily list of chores until the next day.

QFT
bumping in hopes of consideration
Add to this that unless you are a kind who has the time to put in 10 hours a day, by the time you get all the great gear you worked so hard for, the next expansion will come along, making it worthless anyway.

I've given up the dailies after getting the serpent, my full farm, and maxed anglers. I gave up trying to get Nat, because after 2 months I haven't gotten a single fish. Most likely something broken, but I'm not even going to put in a ticket because by now I don't care about doing another daily.

Bliz needs to learn that having "options" doesn't mean forcing us to do each of these long chains of dailies to do them.

My wife and I are just doing holiday achievements- Lunar right now, then Love is in the Air, then will probably cancel our accounts until the next expansion, or unless something changes. I have 1 toon to 90, another 2 bars from there, and my wife is 90. Unless we want to repeat the endless dailies...and she has only done the farming ones, and is already bored...there isn't much left.
I feel the same as OP and Yes daily quest make me feel like i am working at home and i don't want to come home from work to work at home.....mono
Guess not been playing long. Because in BC gear was gated behind rep. And you are absolutly asking for free pass. You want the gear, rep the rep. OBTW the dailies change after each Rep increase....so you are not doing the same ones over and over. You want your Tabards back to go into Dg's to get rep. I do NOT want a tabard to get rep via Dgs. I Quest, and do dailies.
People in the guild just accept the fact, untill we raid, we do dailies for the rep to get the gear, just as we did in BC. Then Blizzard introduced (tabbytards) Tabards, so the babies could skip dailies and GRIND Dungeons. Which I hate. Over and over same fights, same bosses, and you don't like dailies with variations every day? Your one sick puppy. Rep grinding in a dungeon? Talk about boring as all heck. At least out of Dungeons i don't need 4 others to depend on some skill to do the work. (or in a lot of cases) being carried through!
So you all don't like what blizzard has done? Take your money somewhere else! They, (blizzard) don't need or want your input. It is Their Game.

no i didn't play in BC, and i'm well aware that gear was gated behind rep at that point, however, blizzard strives to give the players more OPTIONS. Returning tabards to the game is a way to give the players that would rather grind the dungeons instead of doing dailies a way to get rep without having to do the things they don't want to do that take forever.

Now, I'm not suggesting WoTLK style tabards with unlimited rep gain. What I'm suggesting is a tabard that allows you to gain a capped amount of rep every day, from running dungeons. As many people have said on these forums, when you're required to do all those dailies every day, it begins to feel like a second job, and as somebody who works 10-16 hours days, I don't have 2 hours to do all my dailies when i get home and on the weekend I want to be able to do my LFR and guild raids.

It's all well and fine that you don't enjoy farming heroics like some people do, Fiinerlife, but you know you could upgrade your: Head, Shoulders, Back, Boots, Both Trinkets and your weapon in heroics, maybe you should put the time into gearing your character like you should before you come talking like we're bad players because we don't WANT to do dailies

Hit revered, it will take you about 2 weeks. Once you're revered, you can buy an item from the factions quartermaster that increases your reputation gained by 100% for that faction in ALL of your characters. And this item is only about 30-50g. You can also buy epic mounts once you reach exalted with the faction, and gear of course.

Blizzard is also going to give us some more ways to get rep fast in patch 5.2. Your suggestion is basically the same as what they are doing in 5.2. You will be able to get a specific amount of reputation with any faction of your choice, everyday, when doing a dungeon. I'm not quit sure what the amount of rep is going to be though.

All you have to do to get gear is the Klaxxi dailies, and the Golden-Lotus dailies everyday. once you get exalted with the Golden-Lotus, you can do the Shado Pan dailies. Once you get the item that increases your rep by 100% everything will be much faster and easier.
Too many dailies. It's wearing away at my soul.
You guys are ridiculous. Serpents took like 2 weeks, about the amount of time spent crying here. Just do the dailies, they take a whole 30 minutes but have tons of benefit. Once you get to a point like the rest of us, you have maybe 5 daily quests to do (that are still optional) and you get to be lazy and not worry about it because you are exalted and have tons of lesser charms.

Edit: All of these are completely optional. Here is the thought process seen here "I want a dragon, I don't want it given to me, but I don't want to work for it either." <- How does this make sense? Given the optional part of it all, you don't NEED the dragon, you WANT it. Therefore, you will have to finish the requirements for that said dragon, or you won't have it.
I just find it funny how hypocritical some the devs are when it comes to dailies and fives.

"Oh, what fun is running the SAME dungeons over and over?"

Yet, it must be endless fun for them to run the SAME dailies over and over....Which, generally take an hour-two compared to the 15 a dungeon would.
"IRL, I go to work, am given a list of mostly the same things to do every day with some variations, then I go home and want to escape on WoW. This place where I can do things on my time, in this fantasy world where I can be a hero or a crafter or a farmer or a pet battler. However, when every system is artificially gated with 24hour CD's… the fantasy starts to diminish and I am just at work, doing my daily list of chores until the next day."

That quote from the OP needs to be made into a plaque and placed inside Blizzard headquarters, or at least in their quest designer area with whoever that thought gating primary content through dailies was a good idea.

To those who argue that BC had worse gating... That is true AND false. You see, BC not only had crazy rep grinds, it also had elaborate quests and attunements, not just for raids, but even for heroic dungeons. However, most BC people you ask, they will likely tell you that they look back on those grinds with fond memories.
The reason is because those were not forcefully gated through dailies or weekly quests. For people with work, school, and other rl obligations, you could gather a few friends, then grind out the dungeons or specific areas of mobs for the rep. It might have been repetitive, but you did it with friends, and you have the OPTION to do it over a few days, or a few months. The option was there, unlike dailies where you are guaranteed to get there in 14-28 days minimum. There is no option to grind it out and get it over with.

Some may say, hey there's the revered commendation, the first day dungeon/scenario, the farm orders, etc etc. But those are all just last minute temporary fixes, they do not confront the issue at hand directly, they only uphold the current mentality of Dailies all day every day. This is not any better than cata's que inside cities all day every day mentality. Extremes are always bad, and blizzard went to the extreme this expansion to try to get away from queing inside cities. Their solution of 5000 dailies is turning people away from t he game in a different way. Cata people unsubbed due to boredom. MOP people will start unsubbing due to how the game is starting to feel like another job.

Sure, you dont have to do the dailies. You are not forced to. You are also not forced to go to your day job, you do not have to work. But what people dont mention, is how much harder it will be, if you dont do the dailies, if you dont have a job in real life. BC was good because it had so many options, despite its gating of content. It was a good form of gating. MOP styled dailies is just...
04/07/2013 10:09 PMPosted by Crotchbane
Sure, you dont have to do the dailies. You are not forced to. You are also not forced to go to your day job, you do not have to work. But what people dont mention, is how much harder it will be, if you dont do the dailies, if you dont have a job in real life.

It's actually not. It's more like you don't want to do it and complaining about it is easier.
can we have some more uses for Lesser Charms? I think I have approximately a zillion of them.
The use is intended to be that you can take a vacation on dailies if you so choose. (Source)

That was taken from mmochampion, one of ghostcrawler's responses

Now I'd like to ask, if stocking excess lesser charms via dailies is seen, by the lead designers, as a way to take a vacation, then what are dailies?

Games are supposed to be fun, when the designers themselves admit that there is some kind of mechanism built in as a vacation, they themselves are agreeing that dailies are repetitive and feels like work. Because otherwise, why would you need a vacation for, if its a fun aspect of the game?

With the dailies feeling like a job comparison, people are giving constructive feedback, on what was advertised as having options, of having fun with the end game however we like. Currently the model is to do dailies, or you suffer severe handicap and penalties. In real life, even though jobs can be boring and repetitive like dailies in wow, you still get tons of options as to what jobs you get. Various careers and such, where eventually one can find a job that he/she actually enjoys and has fun doing over and over. How would you feel if everybody were forced into one, and only one job?

People just want options. It's a game, it shouldnt feel like work. We have work for that already.
I gave up on ALL MoP dailies. Its just too much. I just wish there was a way i can spend my valor to buy rep tokens to increase my rep with the factions, like in wraith.

Its driven me to the point im saying screw you MoP, im gonna go get loremaster before i even TOUCH another damn daily on your continent. Not to mention i would hit VP cap and have NOTHING to spend it on. Thus no more dailies.
I don’t like dailies but dailies is pretty much the only path for me to the better gears. I don’t like dungeons or raids, my track record said it all.

Tabard option probably works for most people, but not going to work for me. I don’t mind spend most of my playtime each time I logged in doing them dailies.

I wish all of the better gears that were gated by rep can be purchased with gold after you have reached a certain rep with a particular faction. I have some good standing rep with some factions but I hardly have any VP. I have earned a lot of gold doing these dailies for sure, even some world EPIC drops.

Unlocked dailies > Starts earning rep > go to QM > Buy EPIC helm