SPOILERS: Kirin Tor and Sunreavers

Story Forum
Prev 1 8 9 10 13 Next

Noooooooo!

He's already that. From the files, he seems to be an extremist in that regard.
10/12/2012 09:35 AMPosted by Elenie
Uhm... No. You have a counter. Its called the Black Harvest, a group of Warlocks, or something.

Thats a horde alliance organization.....

Herp a derp.

He's already that. From the files, he seems to be an extremist in that regard.

As much as I want to rant about Anduin, I'll save it for when we have more information than just sound files.

I still really hope he comes out of this with some sense and not some Horde-supporting tool that just wants Garrosh gone and not the rest of the bloodcrazed maniacs in that faction.
I find it mildly hilarious that Warlocks have unintentionally started the war between Dalaran and Silvermoon, and the Sunreavers happened to take the pin for what seems like the Black Harvests plot.

Judging from Jainas dialogue there was indeed an inside job...but not by Sunreavers, the leading human Demonologist Kanthede.
I'd think a mage as powerful as Jaina would recognize a portal made by a warlock.
10/12/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Kynrind
I'd think a mage as powerful as Jaina would recognize a portal made by a warlock.

He isn't your run of the mill warlock if the soul crystal is any indication.
10/12/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Darethy
He isn't your run of the mill warlock if the soul crystal is any indication.

And Jaina isn't a typical mage either.

I'd give her the edge.

Regardless:

Thats a horde alliance organization.....

Herp a derp.

Not everything needs to be equal, interesting story, war, blah blah blah, all the usual stuff Horde players tell the Alliance whenever we get a city nuked or taken or important lore character nullified for no discernable reason.
10/12/2012 03:51 AMPosted by Gornur
When you meet the High Elves in Warcraft 3 they openly state that they were from Quel'thalas, not Dalaran.

That doesn't mean that they were there in any official capacity.
10/12/2012 01:56 PMPosted by Vyrin
That doesn't mean that they were there in any official capacity.

And hey, look what's written in the WCIII manual on Priests:

Despite the high elves' official departure from the Alliance, some elves still remained true to their former human and dwarven allies. The altruistic priests of Quel'Thalas refused to abandon their roles as healers and agreed to remain in Lordaeron despite the edicts from their reclusive masters in Silvermoon. The high elven priests used their Light-given powers to heal the wounded and bolster the spirits of Lordaeron’s fighting elite.

The Priests from WCIII were there despite the Elven government, not because of it.
From the sound file, I wasn't sure if Jaina was purging ALL of the Sunreavers...or just Aethas himself for being the instigator of what happens in Darnassus.
10/12/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Turagent
Not everything needs to be equal, interesting story, war, blah blah blah, all the usual stuff Horde players tell the Alliance whenever we get a city nuked or taken or important lore character nullified for no discernable reason.

I'm saying it's equal because it's literally three for three, and it might even be alliance tipped because the person who's leading the current expedition is a human.

Yeah there are more horde Warlocks, but i'm not sure if the majority of them even care about the war all that much.
10/12/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Darethy
Yeah there are more horde Warlocks, but i'm not sure if the majority of them even care about the war all that much.

I meant, why does the Horde even NEED an answer to Dalaran coming back?

I wasn't saying that Black Harvest was the answer, I was saying, there doesn't need to be an answer at all.

I wasn't saying that Black Harvest was the answer, I was saying, there doesn't need to be an answer at all.

Ah yeah I see, tbh I think they do need an answer and the alliance needs their own answers. Like the SI:7 is to the shattered hand, or the Kor'kron to the 7th legion.

Even if they aren't answers that are quite on par, for example I think the 7th legion would beat the Kor'kron in a fight, from a military perspective having some of those bases covered is important to warfare.
Alliance going to Ally with Kirin Tor ?

That's a significant ally. Will Thrall lead the Earthen Ring back to the Horde, after telling the Alliance side to gtfo?

Nah, not yet at least. Kirin Tor will probably just aid the Alliance and Horde Rebels. Would totally be down for seeing certain neutral factions picking sides though.

I hope the Horde and Alliance never reach peace again, and we just go back to two morally ambiguous sides, mostly dominated by good intentions and urge for survival, being eaten alive by a history of racism, fear, and violence.

That would take some creative writing since the Alliance side of the ER didn't go rushing off to defend Theramore, unlike a certain Orc that somehow got an IM about a threat to Org.
Finally a positive in the otherwise-disastrous Alliance storyline. I seriously was worried Jaina was going to stay neutral with Dalaran, but if Blizzard gives us the Kirin Tor, albeit belatedly, awesome. Also awesome if we don't have to suffer Anduin's nonsensical naive preaching anymore. Tyrande becoming incompetent to further Blizzard's new storyline for Varian? Not awesome. And I'm losing my sympathy for Lor'themar after hearing his tirade about the Alliance being so 'racist'.
10/12/2012 04:22 PMPosted by Hazeel
Finally a positive in the otherwise-disastrous Alliance storyline. I seriously was worried Jaina was going to stay neutral with Dalaran, but if Blizzard gives us the Kirin Tor, albeit belatedly, awesome. Also awesome if we don't have to suffer Anduin's nonsensical naive preaching anymore. Tyrande becoming incompetent to further Blizzard's new storyline for Varian? Not awesome. And I'm losing my sympathy for Lor'themar after hearing his tirade about the Alliance being so 'racist'.

So much this with Lor'whatever. Pot calling kettle black much?

His own people considered humans on the level of trolls and had to be driven to near extinction before they even considered asking for help. And for a group of racists, the Alliance is amazingly diverse.
10/12/2012 02:26 PMPosted by Turagent

They already had one. It's called Silvermoon. This is an evening of the sides.
I find it mildly hilarious that Warlocks have unintentionally started the war between Dalaran and Silvermoon, and the Sunreavers happened to take the pin for what seems like the Black Harvests plot.

Judging from Jainas dialogue there was indeed an inside job...but not by Sunreavers, the leading human Demonologist Kanthede.

Where'd you get this from?

Because the next time there is any major story plot involving the arcane and magic, horde players dont want to have to saddle up to an allaince group agian.

You know how alliance players say they hate losing their characters, lore and factions to neutrality? Well, I as a horde player dont like it either. I want to follow a horde faction, not an alliance faction dressed up to be neutral.
10/12/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Zophor

So much this with Lor'whatever. Pot calling kettle black much?

His own people considered humans on the level of trolls and had to be driven to near extinction before they even considered asking for help. And for a group of racists, the Alliance is amazingly diverse.

Well this is the second time that the BEs have been turned on wholesale with poor justification. Particularly if it turns out to be true that the Sunreavers had nothing to do with it. BEs and Dalaran dont seem to mix well.

At least this time she just demains surrender or die, instead of surrender and die or just die. Its also a good question on if she has stopped the Alliance from using Kirin Tor resources in the war since that would hardly be neutral behaviour.