[MAJOR BUG] Conquest Points unobtainable

Bug Report
Post Limit:
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
Why would I close the ticket? Now that the blues stated it was a bug I might actually get reimbursed for the conquest I deserve from doing BGs.
10/15/2012 06:55 PMPosted by Strixx
Why would I close the ticket? Now that the blues stated it was a bug I might actually get reimbursed for the conquest I deserve from doing BGs.

I'm not sure that the GMs would do individual reimbursements for this issue (and they don't usually grant points under more normal circumstances anyways). I mean, it's always worth asking, I suppose. With a more widespread issue, Blizzard tends to fix the issue first, and worry about fallout of a bug after they're sure it won't happen the next morning. If they're going to do reimbursements, they'll probably try to do it widescale or make an announcement then.

I could always be wrong, tho'.
10/15/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Sapperwix
We're aware of this issue and are working on a resolution.

Lie!

A GM has just answered me that he has the same problem with his character. He then said it's working as intented, a hidden hotfix was applied to force people to do RBG because people were having trouble fiding groups for RBG cause noone was doing it since you could get cap doing normal bgs.
10/15/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Solosolo

Lie!

A GM has just answered me that he has the same problem with his character. He then said it's working as intented, a hidden hotfix was applied to force people to do RBG because people were having trouble fiding groups for RBG cause noone was doing it since you could get cap doing normal bgs.

I doubt this was said, else how would I end up stuck at 1450 while others are stuck at 1350?

I would like to know if I am supposed to open a ticket to get my earned conquest back or is the intent for the points to be corrected across the board for everyone affected as part of a fix?
Yeah, I also just spoke to a GM that informed me that the points system has changed, that we are now required to run rated battlegrounds for the last 300 conquest points. Awesome, I'll add that to my "to do" list right after I get done spending hours doing my million dailies for rep, running heroics for valor and anything else that's now "required". This is going way to far. I'd like to have a life outside of the game. Family, job, life anyone? Really!
I am sitting at 1350 after having capped arena. Prior to I'd run 3 random bg's that yielded 250 conquest points. So, that said if the system were the old way, I'd have 1600 conquest points. I spoke to the GM and he told me that the rated battlegrounds are how we get the last 300 points. Think what you like. I just spoke to the guy.
The only way this is 'working as intended' is if Blizzard intended to change the cap rules mid-week (i.e. not on a Tuesday).

I know this because I got stuck at 1450. I ran and won exactly one battleground on either Tuesday or Wednesday (100 points). I won somewhere between 4 and 5 more on either Saturday or Sunday. I won 8 arena matches today. Doing the math, it's easy to see that the 100 points I won right after the reset are what allowed me to push above 1350. The remainder of my battleground points were apparently lumped together with the conquest points. Sadly, since I was unaware there was an issue, I wasn't watching how the points progressed, but I do know that when my wife hit 1080 conquest purely on arena, I was already showing as capped at 1350 in both categories and 1450 in total.
10/15/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Sapperwix

Soooo I've won enough bgs and arenas this week to have the 1650 cap, will I get those points since this is going to persist through reset?
Yes, all these required things are getting out of hand, just to get valor cap takes hours maybe days? now they are forcing you too run rated battlegrounds, which can be hard to even get together a group that is competent to even win. This required content is destroying this game content.
10/15/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Prodiigy
Yes, all these required things are getting out of hand, just to get valor cap takes hours maybe days? now they are forcing you too run rated battlegrounds, which can be hard to even get together a group that is competent to even win. This required content is destroying this game content.

I'm still pretty sure this is a bug. I am not stuck at 1350 like most people in this thread. I have 1550/1650 ... because I earned 200 points of Random Battleground Conquest early in the week (Tuesday / Wednesday). This bug got introduced mid-way through the week. If it was a deliberate policy change, I would expect it to go out with a Tuesday maintenance.

Not that that really makes it much better ... but they had better straighten this out, fast.
I truly hope they fix this quick, after all conquest is reset tomorrow, and who knows if they even reward the conquest we couldn't obtain in the prior week.
bump!
I hope they give out the conquest we would get if we won the random BGs. Just spent close to a hour trying to get a rated team going. Finally get 10 together and we are slapped with a 2hour wait time.
fix now pls...
This is complete crap if this is working as intended through a stealth nerf/change. So not only do we have to spend hours a day to farm daillies and dungeons to get Valor points for PvE, but we also have to wait around for an hour or two to form a rated bg group, sit in a two hour que just to possibly get our conquest cap for PvP? Come on man.

Please fix.
I wish if I capped VP dailys would give me Cp. Every RBG team on my server is closed off.
Welp, wasn't fixed, screwed out of points!
Still bugged this week.
The only way this is 'working as intended' is if Blizzard intended to change the cap rules mid-week (i.e. not on a Tuesday).

I know this because I got stuck at 1450. I ran and won exactly one battleground on either Tuesday or Wednesday (100 points). I won somewhere between 4 and 5 more on either Saturday or Sunday. I won 8 arena matches today. Doing the math, it's easy to see that the 100 points I won right after the reset are what allowed me to push above 1350. The remainder of my battleground points were apparently lumped together with the conquest points. Sadly, since I was unaware there was an issue, I wasn't watching how the points progressed, but I do know that when my wife hit 1080 conquest purely on arena, I was already showing as capped at 1350 in both categories and 1450 in total.

Exactly what GM said. It was hidden implemented mid-week. From now on, everyone is supposed to do Rated Bgs.

I even screenshoted my conversation with the GM where he said it's working as intended. It only shows how the blue poster of this topic has no clue of what he's talking about.