The Walking Dead: Season 3, Episode 1

Movies, TV and Entertainment
Prev 1 10 11 12 15 Next
Poor Axel.

Damn, and I was starting to like that creep :(
02/17/2013 07:06 PMPosted by Honeypot
Poor Axel.

Even though he wasn't that big of a character, I was bummed about losing him.

Was kind of suprised they didn't show anything to do with Tyrese and his group this episode. Apparently they just left in between episodes.

Glad Daryl is back and even Meryl, Rick looks angry enough to get past how much he dislikes Meryl now and use him to get revenge on the Gov.

That tailgate zombie kill had everybody in the house laughing here.
Way to start into some character development & kill he guy off...

Too soon for Axel, too soon. :[
Bringing in the quite obvious supernatural element is ruining the show. (I know zombies can be considered supernatural, so I'm not sure if that's the most appropriate term to use). Maybe it's fine in the comic, but it's not how the show was introduced and set up. I don't know, maybe it's how they're doing it? Seems poorly done. Either way, the show's changed so much over just 3 seasons, that I'm not sure what I'm watching it as now. A serious cartoon, a superhero comic, an action flick? While it's still entertaining, it's kind of lost its special brand that made it unique... Good ol' Darabont.

Axel, my friend, I'm sorry, I couldn't hold in the laughter. Still, poor guy. They were starting to go somewhere with him. Too bad.
02/17/2013 10:33 PMPosted by Nethekurse
Bringing in the quite obvious supernatural element is ruining the show.

If you are talking about ghost Lori, Rick is hallucinating her; there is nothing supernatural going on.
02/17/2013 10:53 PMPosted by Nunepi
If you are talking about ghost Lori, Rick is hallucinating her; there is nothing supernatural going on.

It's still getting annoying.

DAMMIT RICK, GET IN THE PRISON!
02/17/2013 11:02 PMPosted by Killercaitie

I didn't think it was that bad, I got a few laughs out of Michonne watching Rick hug the air and Hershel's conversation with him. It's given the chance for others to step up and take a bigger role, most notably Glenn.

I think an entire show based on crazy Rick stalking through the woods would be entertaining by itself anyway 8)
02/17/2013 11:20 PMPosted by Nunepi

I didn't think it was that bad, I got a few laughs out of Michonne watching Rick hug the air and Hershel's conversation with him. It's given the chance for others to step up and take a bigger role, most notably Glenn.

I think an entire show based on crazy Rick stalking through the woods would be entertaining by itself anyway 8)

I know it's all Rick. I think it might have something to do with how they're doing this part of the story that makes it feel off. I don't think Darabont would have done it the same way.

It's nice when film writers and directors add supernatural and psychological elements to stories, but without letting them stray too much into the actual genres. 'Shutter Island' is a good example of that. With Walking Dead, it's just that it's almost always suffered from fairly poor writing and directing.
02/17/2013 11:20 PMPosted by Nunepi

I'd watch it.

& I thought he was hugging a tree from Michonne's POV. /snicker
Another episode of eight people firing automatic weapons for ten minutes and only hitting one guy. Not counting the opening head shot.

They can head shoot walkers from moving cars bouncing through a pasture but can't hit a static target.
02/18/2013 08:03 PMPosted by Phitz
Another episode of eight people firing automatic weapons for ten minutes and only hitting one guy. Not counting the opening head shot.

It does seem kind of weird that a guy that is new to having one eye is the best shot out of all of them, seems like being down an eye would throw him off for awhile 8)
02/18/2013 08:03 PMPosted by Phitz
They can head shoot walkers from moving cars bouncing through a pasture but can't hit a static target.

Eeeyup. I was sitting there wondering why Michonne didn't ninja everyone at once. >_>
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Dammit Andrea. You dumb blonde >:(
I think her days are numbered, both camps distrust her now.

That curb stomp made me cringe.

I was a little annoyed at Milton being such a weasel, I thought he was a decent guy.

Kind of a slow episode otherwise.
02/24/2013 07:12 PMPosted by Nunepi

I just don't see her as useful, even now. She just continuously makes stupid mistakes.

When did I last care about her? Season 1 when she lost her sister, felt bad for her. I don't now.

Also, Rick is such a whiny thing now. Lost your spouse? So did Carol. Lose a buddy? So did Carol. Lose a child? No? Carol did.

Yet is she running around loopy in zoimbie land? No.

Man the frig up, Rick, you pansy.

02/24/2013 07:12 PMPosted by Nunepi
I was a little annoyed at Milton being such a weasel, I thought he was a decent guy.

You mean like having the one science nerd in zombie world be anything less than a coward? NOPE!

Really slow episode this week, what happened to the idea that it wouldn't drag on like at the farmhouse? >_>
02/26/2013 06:06 AMPosted by Killercaitie

I just don't see her as useful, even now. She just continuously makes stupid mistakes.

When did I last care about her? Season 1 when she lost her sister, felt bad for her. I don't now.

Also, Rick is such a whiny thing now. Lost your spouse? So did Carol. Lose a buddy? So did Carol. Lose a child? No? Carol did.

Yet is she running around loopy in zoimbie land? No.

Man the frig up, Rick, you pansy.

You mean like having the one science nerd in zombie world be anything less than a coward? NOPE!

Really slow episode this week, what happened to the idea that it wouldn't drag on like at the farmhouse? >_>

In Rick's defense, Carol's husband was a sexist, abusive douchebag. Her daughter had been missing so at least she had time to expect the worse. As for losing a buddy I'm not sure if you mean Lori or someone else.
02/26/2013 12:41 PMPosted by Kenokost
In Rick's defense, Carol's husband was a sexist, abusive douchebag. Her daughter had been missing so at least she had time to expect the worse. As for losing a buddy I'm not sure if you mean Lori or someone else.

T-Dog & now Axel as they were starting to become friends.

I can feel somewhat bad for Rick... but then again I can't. He's going bonkers.

Guy that lost his wife in the first ep or so, he had that OH GOD FEELS moment. Carol? Same thing.

Rick? "ooooohhh noooo!" It -still- makes me laugh. Now he's got "...stuff" 'n' figments of his imagination.

I don't hate Rick, I just can't take him seriously at this point.
lol forgot about Axel...duh!

I agree that he is getting rediculous,
02/26/2013 04:06 PMPosted by Killercaitie
I don't hate Rick, I just can't take him seriously at this point.

02/26/2013 07:13 PMPosted by Kenokost
I agree that he is getting rediculous,

I am no mental health expert, but I can easily imagine someone who has been under an intense amount of stress for an extended amount of time breaking harder than someone who lost their spouse early on. Rick has been dealing with crap for over a year now when he had his break. Carol and the guy from the first episode had their losses within a month or so of the beginning if I remember right.

Plus Carol and the other guy weren't under the pressure of leading a large group of people. I think this is a major contributer to Rick's breakdown, maybe even more so than losing Lori. Lori was just the last straw. Carl realizes this I think and that is why he told Rick to step down.

Long story short, I like off-balanced Rick, and think he is perfectly in character. His little "stuff" speech was sad to me. He knows he isn't right in the head, and he is embarrassed to admit it to Hershel.