Alpha Models (as options!) for Worgen

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
There is a difference between wild and stupid. First off they don't even look like they belong to the same species as the males. They don't even look like wolfs! how can they be WORGen if there is no WORG?They look like a deranged toy breed dog...how is a chihuahua wild? or even close to look like a wolf? Why do they have human eyes? why do their ears glitch around to this day? why do their teeth look like they have dentures in?

Answer? rushed.

By the way you quoted the wrong person >_>.....amateurs.
There is a difference between wild and stupid. First off they don't even look like they belong to the same species as the males. They don't even look like wolfs! how can they be WORGen if there is no WORG?They look like a deranged toy breed dog...how is a chihuahua wild? or even close to look like a wolf? Why do they have human eyes? why do their ears glitch around to this day? why do their teeth look like they have dentures in?

Answer? rushed.

wasn't trying to quote you, was trying to quote the person you quoted, I've done that in the past but I don't know why recently it's been using the wrong name.
10/21/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Athinah
wasn't trying to quote you, was trying to quote the person you quoted, I've done that in the past but I don't know why recently it's been using the wrong name.

You did it under my post though instead the person who originally posted it.

10/21/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Athinah

See?
10/21/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Brutalistica

You did it under my post though instead the person who originally posted it.

See?

yeah but I did it that way in the past and that never happened. I think it's a new thing.
Why anyone thought it was a good idea to change the female worgen to what we have now I will never know. I hope whoever was responsible was fired. Sadly I wouldn't hold your breath. As terrible and embarrassing as the female worgen is it is still 'new'. I have doubts that we'll even see new models for the old races in MoP. Female worgen is likely on the bottom of their list.
Totally. If Blizz did make the decision to fix the derpchihuahua, I would expect it to be on the bottom of the list for model upgrades, even if I don't agree with it, as I personally think a newer product should be fixed ASAP.

However, the point in this thread is that GC mentioned allowing players to have the option to pick the old model or the new model once they are upgraded. Having that same option for worgen would be wonderful!
10/21/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Vail
Why anyone thought it was a good idea to change the female worgen to what we have now I will never know. I hope whoever was responsible was fired. Sadly I wouldn't hold your breath. As terrible and embarrassing as the female worgen is it is still 'new'. I have doubts that we'll even see new models for the old races in MoP. Female worgen is likely on the bottom of their list.

The point is that they don't need to make a new model. One already exists, it just needs a few animations to finish it off. Model and textures are 100% done and sitting unused in the game files.

But worgen aren't SUPPOSED to be adorable. They are SUPPOSED to be wild

Answer? rushed.

Umm. I think you misunderstood me...
10/21/2012 11:07 AMPosted by Garofalo
Furthermore, the ears changed not only shape but location, and lost the subtle rigging they used to have. Whereas before, the worgen's ears would lay flat when sad/angry or twitch and flick during certain animations, now we just have the magical disappearing ears during combat and that's it.

How could I forget the ears? =O

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8071/femaleworgenfacesedit.png

This is a mockup of the Live model with the Alpha eyes. As you can see, far more has changed on the head than just the three things you listed. The whole entire head was remade from scratch.

Yeah. Sorry, I'm tired; been working constantly for the last few days. Things been slipping my mind a lot.
All I want is to be able to really change my hair. The way it is now is really unsatisfying.

Since all my female worgens kinda look the same.
I was so excited for worgen. I'd wanted the race to be playable ever since I saw them in Duskwood back in Vanilla and when they were announced as the new alliance race for Cata, I was beside myself (yeah, a bit more excited than I should have been about something like this, but meh :P ). I loved the alphas so much and had several alts already planned. A warrior would be my first, then probably a warlock, and maybe a priest.

Then we got what you see now. And after an entire expansion, I do not have any worgen alts. I made a male to see the starting zone and that's it. My warrior is a night elf, my priest is a human, and the warlock is a blood elf. If the alpha models were added, I would gladly reroll all of those.
10/22/2012 07:43 AMPosted by Xessia
Then we got what you see now. And after an entire expansion, I do not have any worgen alts. I made a male to see the starting zone and that's it. My warrior is a night elf, my priest is a human, and the warlock is a blood elf. If the alpha models were added, I would gladly reroll all of those.

No, Blizz wants to hear that you'll $$race change$$ :P
Added some links from the MMO-champ thread that I missed the first time through.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1098880-Worgen-Add-Alpha-Female-Worgen-Model-Features-as-Options!!!
I race changed out of worgen because I literally could not stand starting at my character for the 1% crit bonus any longer.

It was horrible -
The model seemed rushed, ugly, unfinished and worst of all - absolutely no customization what so ever.

They certainly cut corners on this and I can only hope that when they update the older races they'll touch up some of the more "current" ones as well.

Thank you!

I race changed out of Worgen, they are absolutely hideous.
its really disheartening that blizz has so far recused to address this issue. theyve said themselves that player models are very important (hence the upcoming revamps). so why do they completely ignore the most bugged and incomplete player model? everything about female worgen is completely sub-par. and yet they had a perfectly good model already before the changes. i hope we will get to choose between the two, since itd be nice to have a worgen with good customization, fewer bugs, and a more appealing aesthetic.
I like my fem worgen mage. She even has a sexy transmog and I think it's hilarious. :P
Once again this thread comes up, and once again I absolutely support this idea. Although I thought the worgen looked okay in the beginning, the moment I saw the alpha models I could see why everyone liked them better. I'm rather tired of looking at this character's derpface.
10/22/2012 06:12 PMPosted by Ciernan
I like my fem worgen mage. She even has a sexy transmog and I think it's hilarious. :P

I think they look hilarious that way too...but I really wish she looked respectable and/or pleasant.
10/22/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Floamb
Once again this thread comes up, and once again I absolutely support this idea. Although I thought the worgen looked okay in the beginning, the moment I saw the alpha models I could see why everyone liked them better. I'm rather tired of looking at this character's derpface.

Wear the female worgen halloween mask to get the alpha face feel. It's better than looking at the derpface imo.
10/22/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Brutalistica

Wear the female worgen halloween mask to get the alpha face feel. It's better than looking at the derpface imo.

Sadly, though, it's only available once a year for a month or so. Then it goes poof! And you're back with the derpface.