MoP hidden areas and easter eggs

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
Zhu's watch in krasarang wilds is a reference to the mass effect series' Zhus hope.

Both are outposts with a small amount of villagers/colonists.

Both are suffering from some type of infection caused by a monstrous being underground. The thorian being it for mass effect and the sha of despair being the one for MOP.

The player must restore HOPE to Zhus watch, since the sha of despair ( a monster underneath the town) has infected the villagers with despair. Ergo Zhus Hope. :)
/smacks self
I was pretty sure it was a reference but I couldn't put my finger on how it was besides the name.

Thank you for putting that into words! I get it now!
Any of you explorers find the in-game reference to something that happened in the Mists of Pandaria trailer?

After reading your hint, I flew back and found it. Even if there wasn't an achievement, that's a nice touch :) Thanks Blizz.
I was killing the frogs to work on my critter kill squad and this enormous frog, Dragon size, jumped right over me and went on his way. No stopping for "frog justice" or anything. Moved so fast I had no hope of clicking on him.

However, I did notice one thing the land jumping, like a large animal moving past you. I would love to hear if anyone else has run into the frog
There are actually two frozen climbers on Neverest. They're on about opposite sides of the mountain at nearly the same height.
In the ToT, Le-Shen reference to "Big Trouble in Little China". I saw something else over here that was a direct correlation too but cant remember now.
If you go to the northern shore of Kun-lai, you'll find a mogu crypt called the "crypt of korean" or something similar, It's completely empty of mobs and NPCs and is my current pandaria "home"

WARNING: THE MAIN ROOM HAS BOOBY TRAPS IN IT ONLY STEP ON THE TILES WITH WIND SYMBOLES ON THEM THE OTHER TILES KILL YOU! I got killed the first time walking in there with completely no knowledge of the booby traps.
I was killing the frogs to work on my critter kill squad and this enormous frog, Dragon size, jumped right over m

Where were you?
In AV, if you go into one of the caves, I think the Kobold one, and look around, there's a Elite Yeti just standing there, I remember encountering it (I am certain it's AV), he's neutral but does hit hard, I think he was lv90.

In Battle for Gilneas, on the Horde boat, go into the first room (The entrance across from the one you spawn in, where I imagine the captain room would have been, and take a look around, on a table is some like saws and such, and a dismembered Abomination head sitting on the table, one eye is still moving around. I have seen it before, but usually it isn't in a place you wouldn't expect.
Tagging for later
Any of you explorers find the in-game reference to something that happened in the Mists of Pandaria trailer?

Yup.

Note to all:Outside SW city is a small house...inhabited by the Bridenbecker family.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=30562/crusader-bridenbrad#comments

Two kids playing outside..I sometimes stop and watch them. Blizz dammit, why dont you make a quest for us adventurers to tell his parents how he died?

In Krasarang: The cloaked Great White and cloaked Cetacean..come on, there has to be a
reason for them to be there, that shark is begging for a quest or mission.

On the beach at Krasarang is a family with a kid looking after a gigantic fish(aka Flipper)..I have done all the quests for that area and none relate back to it...anyone?
OH MY GOD I love Easter eggs in WoW!
*grabs popcorn and sits down for a read*

I haven't looked for Easter eggs in a while. I went through a phase in cata. Upside-down sinners, anyone? >:D
I was waiting for a warbringer to spawn yesterday, and out of the corner of my eye I see a massive octupus swimming in the ocean. I freaked out and excitedly followed him around going 'AWWW' for a good 10 minutes. Can't remember his name, but he was adorable. And fast.

Yes, and please do this for the next expansion. :)
Tagging for later. Loving this thread!
In dread wastes there are battle pet porcupines called Silent Hedgehogs, a reference to sonic the hedgehog?
I don't know what it is a reference to, but outside the battle pet master's cave in kun-lai summit there is a pair of gnome size skeletons lying facing each other and holding hands.
75/76 is the top of the stairs to nowhere, Mason's Folly. When I first went there a hammer was just laying on the ground, one of the grey 100g items. I can't remember the favor text, unfortunately.

You go here after completing the Sigils quest for Wrathion.

When I arrived there, I spy a hammer and right-click/loot. *BWONG* Has Achievement to scare the living hell out of you!

>.<