Portals for your farm

General Discussion
Hey all! Currently, with 5.1 on the PTR, Blizzard seems to be implementing a one-shot portal shard (http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/91806-unstable-portal-shard) that you plant in your farm, and the next day, it turns into a one-use item that allows you to port to a major city for your faction.

Now, I am not 100% sure how the portal shards work, and how you acquire them. However, I think that blizz should implement a "perma-portal" to your factions major city in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms in your farm (Once you get this item, it starts a quest, you talk to Yoon, and you set up a permanent portal to one of the Shrines). Now, whether its source is a very rare drop chance when you harvest the unstable portal shard, or a very expensive quest item that you can buy from a vendor somewhere is entirely up to Blizz, but I would just like to see this implemented.

Thoughts?
10/23/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Tamperproof
It's literally a 2 minute flight from the farm to the capital. Additionally they already have a portal, it's called a hearthstone.

Some prefer to be able to set thier hearths in Halfhill for RP reasons, or farm reasons. Having a portal to the Vale would be nice, and practical for the farm- being able to ferry goods to a major city quickly is, after all, a profit boost. So, why can't there be perma portals?
Make it port you to the highest, northernmost peak in Northrend 1 out of every 10 times as a malfunction and you got my vote
10/23/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Arncanbal
It's literally a 2 minute flight from the farm to the capital. Additionally they already have a portal, it's called a hearthstone.

Some prefer to be able to set thier hearths in Halfhill for RP reasons, or farm reasons. Having a portal to the Vale would be nice, and practical for the farm- being able to ferry goods to a major city quickly is, after all, a profit boost. So, why can't there be perma portals?

Why do you need one? Use the flight point system.
10/23/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Elmillia

Who says anything bout need? Maybe not everyone wants to waste time of their day going back and forth between 2 major hub points.
10/23/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Develman
Make it port you to the highest, northernmost peak in Northrend 1 out of every 10 times as a malfunction and you got my vote

Sounds fun ^.^
I like this option for my rogue / and druid. They're both working on their farms. More mats. Be great for my guys..
Hmm, I see no reason for this. Perhaps you should just become friends with someone well versed in transportational portals?

Who says anything bout need? Maybe not everyone wants to waste time of their day going back and forth between 2 major hub points.

It's 1 minute...

This. A portal to somewhere we already have portals to from the capital seems kinda pointless. I'd rather be able to grow a one-shot hearthstone I can set to an extra location of my choice.
Kinda neat. I'd rather be able to set my hearth to my farm, though.

(It's not that I mind the <1min flight from Summer's Rest, I just love my little house and want to hearth there.)
Hey all! Currently, with 5.1 on the PTR, Blizzard seems to be implementing a one-shot portal shard (http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/91806-unstable-portal-shard) that you plant in your farm, and the next day, it turns into a one-use item that allows you to port to a major city for your faction.

Now, I am not 100% sure how the portal shards work, and how you acquire them. However, I think that blizz should implement a "perma-portal" to your factions major city in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms in your farm (Once you get this item, it starts a quest, you talk to Yoon, and you set up a permanent portal to one of the Shrines). Now, whether its source is a very rare drop chance when you harvest the unstable portal shard, or a very expensive quest item that you can buy from a vendor somewhere is entirely up to Blizz, but I would just like to see this implemented.

Thoughts?

I think it's actually closer to a minute/minute 30.

The one time use seed portals sound pretty useless to me, but oh well.
props to the person with 16k+ achievement pts. Anyways I threw my portal shard away, on my main I play now. She's a mage. Thought what the frick do I need a portal to IF for? now I'm wondering if that was such a good idea as I don't know what will happen when its used. I.E. when you get to your location or when you use the shard, do you get a quest? The guy that sold the portal shards is no longer there. Was this all there was to it, you get a 1 time use portal shard to a random location, end of story?
10/23/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Okakeri

Sounds fun ^.^

The Last Relic of Argus