Why can't battle pets recover after a fight?

General Discussion
They need to add a Pet Center, that sells pet potions and escape ropes.
You can revive/heal your Battle Pets after a fight via your in-game pet journal by using the "Revive Battle Pets" ability in the upper right hand corner. If the ability is on cooldown, Battle Pet Bandage will also do the trick.

A third option is also available. All Stable Masters can revive/heal your Battle Pets, for a small fee.
You can revive/heal your Battle Pets after a fight via your in-game pet journal by using the "Revive Battle Pets" ability in the upper right hand corner. If the ability is on cooldown, Battle Pet Bandage will also do the trick.

A third option is also available. All Stable Masters can revive/heal your Battle Pets, for a small fee.

Can these bandages be purchased anywhere?
10/24/2012 04:08 PMPosted by Fiin
They recover a little bit of health after the fight.

True, but it's worthless. I'd always go in a fight with full health. Wouldn't you?

Not in a (mini)game like pet battles, no, nor is it expected or anywhere near necessary for most fights.

Currently, the bandages apply the spell's remaining cooldown to EVERY OTHER BANDAGE, could we maybe get that fixed?

And make them stack at least to 20, if not 200? Stacking to ten is a little ridiculous.

They are from rewards for defeating battle pet master trainers.

They are from rewards for defeating battle pet master trainers.

They also have a cooldown as well (something like 2-3 minutes, can't remember). The good news is that all of these healing abilities heal ALL of your pets, not just the 3 currently active. This promotes some variety instead of just using the same ones over and over (just replace pets that are low/dead with fresh ones). Once you get like 5-6 to 25 (or take your time and level more than 3 at a time), healing of pets in a complete non-issue.
Because the system is designed to prevent you from easily going into every fight fully healed and rested. Attrition across battles is something you're supposed to deal with, just as much as individual decisions within battles.
Queue and resign from a pet battle = full health.
What baffles me is why our pets have to die in pet battles and not just get knocked out or something. I mean, it's just a mini game with cute pets. Why do we make them fight to the death? Is it just to be edgy and prove pet battles aren't Pokemon? I enjoy everything about about pet battles but this.
Because that's the way it was done in Pokemon.
I suppose it's supposed to promote going into wild battles with some sort of strategy. Though, once you have a couple level 25's it doesn't take much "strategy" at all to level other pets. I guess I understand their intention behind it however. Would be nice if their was a way to manually make pet battle bandages (maybe something like 3 Windwool cloth per bandage).
Would be nice if their was a way to manually make pet battle bandages (maybe something like 3 Windwool cloth per bandage).

They lowered the training for pet battling to 10g so free accounts could do it, so if they let us make the bandages it would probably be linen cloth.
If you need to heal your pets after every battle, then you're not using type advantages correctly. You shouldn't need to be at full health before a battle until you're facing off against the master trainers in Northrend and beyond.
You obviously have never played pokemon
You don't need to play every match with full health, be a little smarter about how you play. Swapping a really low health pet (or a dead one) out and working on leveling another is also a good option while your mend pet button is on cool down.

Its fine the way it is, please don't start stamping your feet asking for Blizzard to make it even easier. The rest of the game has already taken that path.
You don't need to play every match with full health, be a little smarter about how you play. Swapping a really low health pet (or a dead one) out and working on leveling another is also a good option while your mend pet button is on cool down.

Its fine the way it is, please don't start stamping your feet asking for Blizzard to make it even easier. The rest of the game has already taken that path.

Except I don't want to swap out pets. I want to keep leveling the pets I want to level. If I'm working on getting X pet to level Y, it's lame that I have to switch to pet Z because X died, I have 5 minutes left on my CD, and the nearest stable master is three zones away.