so mages nerfed 5.1

Mage
10/18/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Spells
I would rather they nerf the damage then force us to wait 3 seconds, and I am really uncertain how the heating up and instant pyro proc animations are going to work after this change. I assume instant pyro animation won't proc unless pyro is available

My guess is that it will behave just like Killing Machine procs for DKs. The proc will happen even if you can't perform the action right away. DK can have a KM proc even if Oblit is waiting for runes or you don't have enough Runic Power to use it on a Frost Strike.
I never cease to be amazed at how ignorant the dev's seem to be at times. When a change makes you scratch your head and really go... WTF? While certain other classes that I will not name are running around mashing the hell out of everyone, makes no sense.
I have played a mage since the end of BC. You can call me a complainer you can call me a whiner all you wish to. These changes are COMPLETELY UNWARRANTED as long as Warriors/Hunters/Feral/DK's and even Ret paladins remain untouched. I got a crit from a warrior for 200k in a BG less than a week ago, I had the default 40% damage reduction plus an additional 7-8 (had maybe 4-5 PVP pieces). As it stands now I need 3 more pieces and my damage reduction is still only at approximately 55%. That is a COMPLETELY absurd hit. I was also hit by a warlock for 250k.

Both of those classes that took 2/3 of my health in one attack have significantly more survivability than mages do.

That being said, if these changes do in fact make it to live I vow to cancel my subscription uninstall the game and never play it again.

I'm tired of mages being picked on, they have not been anywhere CLOSE to highly populating the top tier of arena teams for a significant amount of time yet the classes that do remain on top.

Please release these changes, I can use an extra $15.00 a month.

Edit: I will admit spellsteal was moderately over powered, however if you're going to nerf that then you should be doing the same across the board not just to ours.

So unless you have great offense and defense you won't play? That's a real joke. You're delusional if you don't think mages need to be toned down a little. Warriors and hunters as well but don't act like mages are in a bad spot even after this nerf , maybe you should take a look at your play style or teammates.

Clearly you never read what I wrote. I never said we didn't need to be toned down. I said as long as the current flavor classes go untouched they do not have any merit in altering any other classes, not just mages.
That being said, if these changes do in fact make it to live I vow to cancel my subscription uninstall the game and never play it again.I'm tired of mages being picked on, they have not been anywhere CLOSE to highly populating the top tier of arena teams for a significant amount of time yet the classes that do remain on top.

That has to be the most biggest fail of a statement I've seen on these forums so far...What do you mean being "picked on" mages have been gods in PvP more than any other class
10/18/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Orbitial
I never cease to be amazed at how ignorant the dev's seem to be at times. When a change makes you scratch your head and really go... WTF? While certain other classes that I will not name are running around mashing the hell out of everyone, makes no sense.

Agree. No idea why we are the ones being whacked with the nerf bat when there are such bigger pinata's out there.
10/18/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Zawani
That being said, if these changes do in fact make it to live I vow to cancel my subscription uninstall the game and never play it again.I'm tired of mages being picked on, they have not been anywhere CLOSE to highly populating the top tier of arena teams for a significant amount of time yet the classes that do remain on top.

That has to be the most biggest fail of a statement I've seen on these forums so far...What do you mean being "picked on" mages have been gods in PvP more than any other class

1v1 I agree yes we can probably take any other class on, however there is not a 1v1 bracket in the game thus it is somewhat irrelevant. We are however in many ways at a significant disadvantage against most classes in 2v2+.
I have played a mage since the end of BC. You can call me a complainer you can call me a whiner all you wish to. These changes are COMPLETELY UNWARRANTED as long as Warriors/Hunters/Feral/DK's and even Ret paladins remain untouched. I got a crit from a warrior for 200k in a BG less than a week ago, I had the default 40% damage reduction plus an additional 7-8 (had maybe 4-5 PVP pieces). As it stands now I need 3 more pieces and my damage reduction is still only at approximately 55%. That is a COMPLETELY absurd hit. I was also hit by a warlock for 250k.

Both of those classes that took 2/3 of my health in one attack have significantly more survivability than mages do.

That being said, if these changes do in fact make it to live I vow to cancel my subscription uninstall the game and never play it again.

I'm tired of mages being picked on, they have not been anywhere CLOSE to highly populating the top tier of arena teams for a significant amount of time yet the classes that do remain on top.

Edit: I will admit spellsteal was moderately over powered, however if you're going to nerf that then you should be doing the same across the board not just to ours.
what he said i think subscription canceling is the way to get a good point across. what a broke !@# game
1v1 I agree yes we can probably take any other class on, however there is not a 1v1 bracket in the game thus it is somewhat irrelevant. We are however in many ways at a significant disadvantage against most classes in 2v2+.

you serious? most class changes for pvp are related to 3v3 or 5v5 not frigin dueling or 2v2. have you forgotten about the classic mls or the rmp teams? you can not say mages have had it rough for ages seeing as they have been on top of all ladders since arenas came out.
So Frost mages get a new ability via their Pet, while Fire's Combustion and Pyroblast are nerfed.

Someone at Blizzard really hates Fire. It's insulting enough that most of our CCs rely on Frost spells to begin with :-\

While I agree that mages' survivability shouldn't have been nerfed, I can understand some of the others. You don't like having a fat chunk of your health taken away by a hunter/warrior, but currently mages can 2 shot other players. I'm missing only 1 PvP piece and I've been 2-shot by mages.

Hopefully Blizzard doesn't go through with all these nerfs and only implements something to prevent mages from bursting resilience geared players down in less than 3 seconds.
Oh god all these tears over well deserved nerfs.

Mages really are water coolers again with all this crying.
10/18/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Rentrenus

that just makes the squishiest class in the game even easier to kill

i'd be fine if they nerfed burst, but i have no idea why they'd nerf the survivability of the #1 train class in the game

I think the thinking is less in the nerf-department.

Take a look at wow-popular and you'll notice what is probably true: you, me, and probably 98% of mages use ice barrier as the default talent choice.

By making it worse, it encourages us to choose other talents.

Cause you know, that's so much better than improving the other two talents . . .

Not my fault they put our best ability in the same spot as blazing speed which use to be the saving grace for fire since we dont get 15 frost novas
10/18/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Orbitial

Welcome to having the shoe on the other foot. When Mages were God's for years in WOTLK and Cata while Blizzard kept buffing you guys and nerfing everybody else.

Welcome to having the shoe on the other foot. When Mages were God's for years in WOTLK and Cata while Blizzard kept buffing you guys and nerfing everybody else.

Basically this, yes warriors and hunters need to be addressed but any mages saying bull !@#$ like "were getting picked on" needs to have their heads examined. You %^-*s have been babied and cuddled for freaking ever and then you get nerfs and the sky is falling.

Cata spriests and resto druids would like a word with you
Those who can adapt will do just fine with the changes.

Now if you have to cry, at least cry into this tea cup here.

I just need enough for a little sip and I'll be happy
10/18/2012 10:07 PMPosted by Neroxis
I just need enough for a little sip and I'll be happy

Please save some for me. Been a long time coming to see mages throw a good crying fit.
Lmao, these mages are so mad.

Yummy tears.

Pop me a cold one, less RELAX SON.

/thread