Valor MOP, hard to cap

General Discussion
I don't know if I am the only one who feels this way about the new valor point cap, but it seems unrealistic to get capped every week for us average players.

There are a thousand dailies so I have to choose wisely which ones I can do a day or run a heroic. The cap is still 1000 so why make it so dang hard to get all my points each week. I enjoyed the system where I got 500 from both RF's and rest from raid.

The raid is hard for MOST guilds right now so on average 150 a week from that, but why should us average players have to hard grind dailies and hero’s to get capped it honestly turns be off of WoW all together.

I enjoy playing WoW for the game but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say it feels like a job sometimes which really turns us away from playing.

You got the goody bags for hero’s the 1000 point cap so can we please get the old valor point amounts back. No one will be able to get better gear faster with the 1000 point cap I mentioned a thousand times just please make it easier, so The average guild can compete with hardcore ones I don’t think we should have to wait for nerfs just to raid which brings in a whole new issue. What does everyone else think?
I log on for only a few hours a day at most and I capped halfway through my dailies on thursday
I don't have a hard time capping for Valor. Capped every week since I hit 90 a few days after MoP launched.
But what if you have multiple toons the amount of time to get points seems crazy for 2 hour a day players
10/21/2012 08:39 PMPosted by Mayliene
I log on for only a few hours a day at most and I capped halfway through my dailies on thursday

What if you miss a day for RL things or do not feel like playing, you have to pick up that lost time on one of the three days you have left. I just do not think it should be a strain to get capped.
10/21/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Richardss
But what if you have multiple toons the amount of time to get points seems crazy for 2 hour a day players

So just focus on valor capping one toon.

10/21/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Richardss
What if you miss a day for RL things or do not feel like playing, you have to pick up that lost time on one of the three days you have left. I just do not think it should be a strain to get capped.
Then you miss a day or two, it isn't going to kill you in the long run.

The second char gets 50% more valor when the first is capped.

LFR fully open will help, but yes your probably not going to cap multiple characters a week on 2 hours a day.
Honestly,I have not capped valor or JP at all. It is way too difficult and too grindy to do so. Therefore I BG all day long and then transfer the Honor to JP and just scenario to get some VP. It works quite well but it really is a huge grind every week :(

You need to accept the fact that thats just the way things are.

You dont play the game? You wont get rewarded. That's it. Its not even hard, it just means your casual. Why should you get VP cap for barely doing anything? The game is already easy enough.

Today I didnt do any dailies at all and just did a few heroics and HH. Am I complaining that now im 'a day behind in dailies' ? No. I accepted that now im a day behind, its what I get in exchange for playing in my own pace. Just accept that you might not make valor cap if you slack off.

Just cap the one that you're raiding on.

I've not been able to VP cap each week. I can't get all my daily's done each day. I have a small surplus of VP, and nothing to spend them on since my reputation is still to low and I'm losing interest in VP and reputation grinds. I had hoped that LFR would result in some gear. But so far that bosses have a 0% chance to drop armor for me out of my two weeks of running LFR. I'm really striking out here Blizz and I'm losing interest.
I cap it fine each week. It's hard to cap if you don't want to put forth effort, through the variety ways of capping valor such as raids,heroics,lfr,dailys.

althrough it will be much harder to cap once, im done with most of my reps haha
1,000 VP works out to about 26 (VP-giving) dailies per day if I recall correctly, not counting daily heroics/scenarios. Daily scenario shaves off 6 dailies and daily heroic cuts off 12. If, again, I remember right.

I reckon you'd be able to get to the cap if you're able to do one heroic, one scenario and ten dailies per day. Possibly more dailies if you do them while in the queue for the other two.
Just do your dailies. Every day.

You can get capped no problem without even entering an instance.

It's a game, who cares if you get capped.
10/21/2012 08:39 PMPosted by Aoir
I don't have a hard time capping for Valor. Capped every week since I hit 90 a few days after MoP launched.

This right here. I have capped every week simply from doing one or two heroics and logging in for an hour to do my dailies. Added bonus of doing dailies? I have the reputation required to buy the items from valor points also!

Even if you can only log in 2 hours a day, that is most definitely enough time to do your dailies and run a heroic or two. If you don't have the ability to log in that much? Is it really that important that you are geared to the teeth within 4 weeks of the expansions launch?
I get capped every week with 2 of my 90's And it should be easy to get capped on my 3rd when i get her to 90 as well
I am not saying make anything easier, I just simply do not have the hours in the day to get my valor cap every week. Everyone want to be able to compete and be good at the game and if you cant raid valor is your only way why make it hard for casual players to get there. So people have time to get there and they have loads of content for hardcore players to run but casual raiding should be able to compete. To quote the guy earlier, losing interest Blizz.

In First person shooters you can kill and get decent, In WoW you raid and do PVP but if they make it super hard to get raid lvl gear , casual PVE players in my opinion will loose all interest in playing when they cant compete. 1000 point cap is a good control and I like that but whats the difference if you get capped on tuesday or monday just make it easier to get there. PVP conquest is easy to get capped 8 arenas and a few bgs, to get valor capped 50+ dailies, 10 heros, lfr, reg raid. The difference in time is redic.
I can agree with the op I can actually spend time in wow but for most people that go to work + school I do hear them complain about this same issue. I have a friend that goes to school and then does part time work.. He comes home from that and instead of doing what he likes.. Which is running dungeons even if he doesn't need gear or to farm a bit.. He goes time to work in wow now! lol I asked him well why do you even play he says he doesn't know he might as well quit but for now back to dailies then goes to bed because hes to tired to do anything else in wow its also the only way to get rep with factions now another downside for him.
10/21/2012 09:30 PMPosted by Richardss
am not saying make anything easier, I just simply do not have the hours in the day to get my valor cap every week. Everyone want to be able to compete and be good at the game and if you cant raid valor is your only way why make it hard for casual players to get there. So people have time to get there and they have loads of content for hardcore players to run but casual raiding should be able to compete. To quote the guy earlier, losing interest Blizz

The game has always rewarded those who play more. Used to be you couldnt get anything if you didnt play hours and hours a day. Now you can at least get a few items if you only play sporadically. People have to realize this game doesnt give you everything you want instantly. It takes some time and effort. Do what you can, enjoy the game as you are able to play it. There will come a day when you buy an expac, load it on your comp, and instantly get a max toon with full bis gear. Till then do what you can and dont worry if others have more.
1000/7 = 143

run Heroic = 60

doing 17 daily = 85

It usually took me about no more than 2 hr/days

If you doesn't have that much time I'm quite sure that it is also insufficient to do normal Raid at this moment.

You can keep playing at this pace. I'm quite sure that blizzard will make thing easier for raid in the future.