WHY does Blizzard hate Mages in MoP?

Mage
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
02/07/2013 07:17 PMPosted by Winnrie
Fresh 90 with ilvl 440 or something, try pulling 10 mobs for Shieldwall dailies and let me know how it goes.

Hmmm, I remember doing the Fatty Goatsteak when I was in 460 gear or so.

Ice Barrier on, Evocate for Spell damage buff, group them up, Frost bomb one, and frost nova the whole pack (6 or so). Blizzard them while waiting for Frost Bomb to explode (usually around 100k damage or so). Cast another Frost Bomb, Pet Freeze and Blizz again. Once that one explodes, cast Frozen orb while always be on the move, Ice-Lancing when FoF procs.

That usually takes care of AOE packs pretty quickly.

WTF are you all trying to sound so smart for? You Freeze them and just launch one Frozen Orb they will all die if your ilvl is 460. You don't even need to bomb because you get a full Shatter on every goat from the Orb.

My point was, many people talking in these topics have tunnel visioned to where they think everybody is rocking an item level 500+ right as they hit 90. That's not the case.

So don't go around saying "oh I pull 10 mobs all the time and have no problems, you don't know how to play!". It's not a matter of knowing how to play, mages are gear dependent. You pull the same 10 mobs with a !@#$ty ilvl it doesn't matter how good you are at kiting and using your rotations, you will die depending on what 10 mobs you pull.

Try going inside the Shieldwall cave with a %^-*ty ilvl and then brag about knowing your combos and skills. Big deal, you will die if you pick up 10 of those linked mogu. At 440 ilvl you wont even have enough haste to cast anything with a cast on it, you'll be jumping around dodging their AoE all day long till you run into more adds and die.

At that point it isn't about l2play, it just becomes a fact that mages are gear dependent, which many people ignore while replying to these topics.
PvE, they do lots of damage (not this char but a fellow raider on my main) so nope they cool.

PvP, Just got this to 90 1 or 2 days ago and, frost is fine, fire is funny as hell, great is played correctly and does a load of damage for the fact I have no gear.

All in all, imo PLAY YOUR DAMN CLASS BETTER OR QUIT BEACHING
Blizzard hates Mages

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WofqmWpXJZ8
Blizz LOVES Mages..is this a troll? They've been OP in Arena for how many seasons now?
Actually, I may have to join in on they hate us. Kinda upset about the new innvocation using arcane stacks thing
I find it hard to say we are the only ones who needs to be balanced. All this change did is put us way below elemental shammies. This is done after comparing data equally to shammies with the bought gear from the ptr. So there was no difference in ilv.
im not sure Blizz hates mages i just dont think they have any real idea where they want to go with them. My main problem with them is the 90 talents making fire and frost spec feel way too arcane and ruin my enjoyment of the specs in general ive never liked arcane its pretty much always been top damage but i refuse to play it cause sitting still and long channels i dislike i really like the mobility of fire even if its a damage loss.
how in gods name can you think they hate mages?

they hate rogues in MOP

they hate ele shaman in MOP

they hate Disc priests in MOP

they DO NOT hate mages in MOP. if anything they are correcting the carzyness that they mistakenly gave us at the beginning of the expansion, which if youve been playing as long as i have... they do this every expansion like clock work.

TBC: ice lance critting for 6k (start of the expansion) arcane blast 1 hitting people, they toned it down (end of the expansion)

WOTLK: frost fire bolt hitting for 1/2 peoples life in a FOF proc.

Cataclysm: frost fire orb and ring of frost being an instant cast... ( this might have been WOTLK, i got bored of the ease of play that mages had by this point and started playing a shaman)

MoP: frost orb hitting for 200k on a 60% resilience target

its just the way they decided to design mages.
Huh? Struggling with multiple mobs at one? Your Ilvl may have everything to do with this as well. I know starting out it sucked as a mage at 90 in mostly 450 gear. Fast forward to where I am not with a 495 ilvl and I can pulled 10+ mobs at once and just level them all in seconds. I can even kite and kill elites in heroics now without a tank.
Mages complaining about being hated is absolutely a troll. Mages are consistently one of the most powerful and versatile classes in PvP and PvE. There have been some balancing changes made generally to them, but they still consistently lead the pure damage classes in damage and utility in most situations. Not being the top of the dogpile every second is not the same as being hated.

Don't give mages a more whiny, prima donna image than they already have.
I'm just a casual PVE player and never do any PVP and very few dungeons. I just started playing my Frost Mage in MoP after a long break. The last time I played this toon was in Cataclysm. My issue isn't that I can't make it work. It took me a little while to figure out the new play style last night but I was able to make it work OK. Or at least stay alive and manage to eventually kill everything that attacked me. The only time I died was when I dealt with over 20 Hozen in the same combat (not all at once) and finally died with about 6 of them on me. This will take some re-learning but I can make it work.

My issue is that the new play style is not as fun for me. Before, I could come home from work completely mentally exhausted and still play my Frost Mage just using a combo of simple basics without even using all the other advanced moves. I had a kite technique that worked great just using Frostfire Bolt and Ice Lance and alternating keeping them frozen between cool downs with Frost Nova and Cone of Cold. Now that they took the freeze affect from Cone of Cold that technique works about as well as a screen door on a submarine. What I liked about the old style was that I still had the option of using all the other moves when I was rested up and not feeling too tired to deal with it. Overall, I liked the old style much better because of all the fun combos and the way everything worked. The new way is not as fun for me.

I think I will level this one up to 90 because it is my Tailor and Enchanter. But I don't see myself doing more than I absolutely have to with it to get the advanced patterns and enchants. But who knows. I'll give it a try and maybe I'll start liking it. I would be happy if they would at least give me back the freeze effect from Cone of Cold. I guess I can always switch to Fire if Frost doesn't work out for me anymore.
hahahahahahah this thread is the biggest joke ive ever seen. Whoever made this should quit. Mages are wayy to op in mop and need major nerfs qq.
http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/maximum#502

ok.
02/08/2013 02:48 AMPosted by Breaktheice
You pull the same 10 mobs with a !@#$ty ilvl it doesn't matter how good you are at kiting and using your rotations, you will die depending on what 10 mobs you pull.

So very false.
~~cry~~ How I'm always late to these posts.

Yes, bly HATES mages, and they always have.
YEARS ago I posted about how love for BALANCE MONGERING = HATE MAGES.
Google, it is still out there.

My theory is that the bly devs EXPECT the next two fiscal quarters to have LOSES in subs.
And they they expect layoffs, if not HARSH moments in the wood shed. The next 2 quarters would end around August-8th time frame.

Sooooo. In my theory, 5.2 was the bly dev's last chance in THEIR MINDS, to dump as much more BALANCE MONGERING into the game as possible. The main focus this time being to push mages into 4th r-dps, no matter what the consequence. Put another way, they want to BALANCE participation of class this time.
hahahahahahah this thread is the biggest joke ive ever seen. Whoever made this should quit. Mages are wayy to op in mop and need major nerfs qq.
Dis necro.
Sigh.

They don't hate mages or any class. When Blizzard screws up, it's because they screw up. They may be lazy, or misguided, or clueless, but hate never comes into it. It's not a conspiracy, it's stupidity.
Yup.
"Never attribute to malice what suffices for stupidity."

Blizzard doesn't hate Magi, GC is just a proud fool who doesn't want to admit he screwed up (after the Fire nerf, he insisted the parses that showed Fire dropping were totally not accurate! Then when he saw the parses that showed Fire leveling off and being competitive again, they were suddenly completely clearly the right answer.)

The Living Bomb thing will be reverted in time, I'm sure (considering now the 3 target limit is a pointless tag now that it can't be easily spread), and we'll be back to fearing the next huge nerf.
~~cry~~ How I'm always late to these posts.

Yes, bly HATES mages, and they always have.
YEARS ago I posted about how love for BALANCE MONGERING = HATE MAGES.
Google, it is still out there.

My theory is that the bly devs EXPECT the next two fiscal quarters to have LOSES in subs.
And they they expect layoffs, if not HARSH moments in the wood shed. The next 2 quarters would end around August-8th time frame.

Sooooo. In my theory, 5.2 was the bly dev's last chance in THEIR MINDS, to dump as much more BALANCE MONGERING into the game as possible. The main focus this time being to push mages into 4th r-dps, no matter what the consequence. Put another way, they want to BALANCE participation of class this time.
I really want to dislike this, but there is no "Dislike > Wait, what?" button.
Lol AoE pulling mobs is do-@ble @ any ilvl at 90, Invo+NT everything + F.orb & lance spam nova kite.