Monks feel so weak ..why ?

General Discussion
10/18/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Woogum
I can count on one hand the number of Heroics now that I haven't been the top DPS. Leveling was a cakewalk as well with some Heirlooms. I'm averaging 38-40k in Heroics, single target. We are far from weak.

Someone hasn't been keeping up with the raid logs. WW Monks are bestest buddies with Hunters and lolRets.
Just hit 90 last night, but while leveling there was only one instance when I wasn't 1.5x or more higher on meters than the next person, and that was at 82 with a warrior DW Door Breakers pulling 40k DPS.

All through the leveling process, I was killing tons of mobs quickly with practically no downtime. At 76 I solo'd the first 4 bosses of AoA in Zul'Drak. It wasn't until Dread Wastes that I had to start watching what I pulled. Although, let me tell you, that was a pretty cold bucket of water :/
I've been pulling off tanks idk what you're talking about OP
10/18/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Exconvict
I have been questing and doing dungeons and such . Monks are so weak compared to other classes . Why even bother making a new dps class when your just going to make them so weak ? I guess the tank side is ok and the healing is really good . Im mostly talking dps why do you think they made the dps so weak on a new class ? So a lot of people would not finsihing leveling them ? ....Maybe they will buff the later ?

I'm destroying mobs as a Mistweaver. Monks are anything but weak.
According to a recent interview monks will be getting buffed in 5.2.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/
Best healers? You sure about that? What are your rotations and such because I heal for pvp off and on and I be damned if I feel like a powerful healer.

I'm not saying monks are bad at healing, far from it, I just don't see the best healer in game right now.
A 2 month old thread. Impressive necro.
WW do suffer early on from no aoe (FoF doesnt count). I only noticed this when I did stockades with a group that was pulling 2 rooms at a time. I think we dont get a real aoe till 46.
It gets a lot better with rising sun kick and spinning crane - At lower levels smart usage of touch of death is important.

Like every class some people play them much better then others. I know a certain monk in my guild who is pretty much undefeated in every raid we're in. If you aren't happy with your DPS still at high level maybe melee monk isn't your cup of green tea.
10/18/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Exconvict
I have been questing and doing dungeons and such . Monks are so weak compared to other classes . Why even bother making a new dps class when your just going to make them so weak ?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I've been anything but weak. I've been out-DPSing my mage who has higher level gear than me. And gems. And enchants.

We're weak?
In pve our crappy mastery and lack of cleave are problematic. FoF is annoying but can be worked with. Other than that, we kick some !@#. We're twirlings aoe GODS if the monk in question is smart enough to keep up tiger power and rising sun kick. Our single target isn't bad either.
Monks are pretty much great for PvE in all 3 categories... Pvp on the other hand...
You get 5 monks in one dungeon all doing their spinning kicks simultaneously, it's like watching a giant green blender with a waterfall of numbers.

*drool*
I'm trying to level a MW monk...he's only level 14 atm, but he feels so weak. I don't mind kiting, but running away or dying just sucks. There seems to be huge gaps between abilities at lower levels. I want to keep leveling him hoping he'll get better.