Hunter DPS worthless in raids...?

Hunter
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
My dps is fine, I don't know what your doing wrong but something is definitively wrong. Start by posting on your actually hunter then, explaining your rotation, and your secondary stats so we can begin to clarify what is wrong.

Assuming you made this thread looking for help and not just to complain about hunter dps.

The OP is bringing up a valid point, not crying or qqing but saying we are far behind in dps in

a raid setting. What do you mean your dps is "fine"? Are you ok with being far behind

everyone else? If you are not at the bottom of your raid, you're raid is full of hunters or the

other dps is bad.

I am a about five item levels behind our mage and lock and they make my dps look silly.

Do I play perfectly? No, I personly need to increase my serpent sting uptime by A LOT, but

thats not going to increase my dps 20k to catch up with the rest of my raid...
Can you show me your world of logs link then, because I am getting different results.
11/05/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Aerothena
Can you show me your world of logs link then, because I am getting different results.

You guys haven't even downed Elegon.

Clearly your raid group is not the one we should be basing standards on.

Hunter's are, in fact, dead last in almost every single fight right now. We also have notorious scaling issues meaning we will only fall further behind.
You are not being productive here Aerothena, the point is, All other classes makes us look dumb on DPS unless we got full BiS (i realize BM scales AMAZINGLY good with gear)
11/05/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Catupecu
You are not being productive here Aerothena, the point is, All other classes makes us look dumb on DPS unless we got full BiS (i realize BM scales AMAZINGLY good with gear)

Yes, and I am asking for evidence to prove this point.

11/05/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Paetheas

You guys haven't even downed Elegon.

Clearly your raid group is not the one we should be basing standards on.

Hunter's are, in fact, dead last in almost every single fight right now. We also have notorious scaling issues meaning we will only fall further behind.

Thanks for the personal attack. Now look at how when I hit 90.
Post on your hunter with your world of log link, until then this is just a troll thread, while hunter dps isnt number 1, its not last either.
11/05/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Dakziir
Post on your hunter with your world of log link, until then this is just a troll thread, while hunter dps isnt number 1, its not last either.

That doesn't mean it's in a good place, either. Also, it's not hard to top 20 HoF. Pretty sure Empress doesn't even have 150 Hunter parses.
11/05/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Dakziir

^^ same point I've been advocating. Show evidence or this whole thread is stupid.
11/05/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Catupecu
unless we got full BiS (i realize BM scales AMAZINGLY good with gear)

BM has already been nerfed and is being gutted further in the next patch. The marks buff and casting while moving buffs are laughable (maybe 2-3% dps increase).
Not sure where you got this information but BM scales miserably with gear. It's all normalized, mastery increases your pets dmg which is only 40% of your combined dmg. For example, you are never going to get extra frenzy procs because it's a set 40% on pet basic attack to proc. You also will never be able to get extra Cobra strikes because that to is normalized 15% proc on arcane shot. This might scale slightly with haste allowing for more arcane shots but haste is the worst stat for bm and the scaling from it even at high levels would be insignificantly low. If anything marks would be the best scaling Hunter spec as it scales decently with weapon dmg and haste.

hunters are the worst scaling class in the game in any spec.
An example of amazing scaling would be warriors:
Warriors get 15% extra damage with enrage procs and extra raging blows with crit scaling not to mention insane weapon dmg scaling.
11/05/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Aerothena
^^ same point I've been advocating. Show evidence or this whole thread is stupid.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Heart_of_Fear/dps/

The only one is a BM hunter and if you look at the fight it was 22 sec long, so something

bugged.. Look through all the dps for each fight, you will have to look through a few pages

before finding a hunter.

First boss not one hunter (except that bugged one) on first page. Look at the dps:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Heart_of_Fear/Imperial_Vizier_Zor'lok/10N/dps/

All above 80K

Now top Surv hunters

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Heart_of_Fear/Imperial_Vizier_Zor'lok/10N/Survival_Hunter/

One or two close to that the others at least 10k behind... And these are all really good

players with really really good gear. The whole point being a different class in same gear

can put out way more dps...

That doesn't mean it's in a good place, either. Also, it's not hard to top 20 HoF. Pretty sure Empress doesn't even have 150 Hunter parses.

Here is an example at attempts to derail this thread. The numbers are there , the proof is overwhelming on WoL, yet you go and make this a personal dps issue.
11/05/2012 03:23 PMPosted by Arusi

Here is an example at attempts to derail this thread. The numbers are there , the proof is overwhelming on WoL, yet you go and make this a personal dps issue.

I said our DPS is not in a good place, which it isn't, which the numbers prove.

Your multiple mentions of parsing top 20 is irrelevant to the entire discussion about Hunter DPS, but that doesn't stop you from mentioning it every post. I can only assume you do this because you think it is good, so I'm just pointing out that it isn't.
11/05/2012 04:02 PMPosted by Arusi
Yes, my numbers are irrelevant , they are just examples to help bring perspective to the issue.

You can use examples that don't include yourself, because it keeps the discussion about numbers and makes it less about yourself. As you have seen, bringing your own irrelevant information to a discussion does not at value to said discussion.

11/05/2012 04:02 PMPosted by Arusi
Everyone of your posts is just highlighting your personal insecurity, when this not about you. You are now trying to hurt my credibility for some reason which still does not change anything. Does it make you mad that someone can pull high numbers then you on a hunter? (this is all im getting from your posts) When the real issue here is the state of hunter dps, you are either incredibly naive or you are just being stubborn and arguing for the sake of arguing.

The issue is the state of Hunter DPS, so that's what you should be talking about. Your own personal DPS is irrelevant and only clouds the issue (as you've now learned). I'm not even arguing anything, I'm simply telling you to stop talking about your 'top 20' parses because they aren't relevant, and they aren't good.
11/05/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Arusi
Wow your insecurity is unbelievable. If you really want to have a ego war you can give me your bnet or skype info and we can compare logs. I have several previous top 10 and even #1 world logs on hunter and other classes, with screen shots .

You've mentioned your parses, which are irrelevant, 4 separate times in this thread. Yeah, I'm insecure.

Hahaha.
This is why we can't have nice things.
That's confidence not insecurity. You are pretending to contribute to this thread when your real agenda is to establish yourself as the best hunter in the world. I'm just playing along with you. We get it dude no one is as good as you /bow.

You top dem normal logs bro. We're proud of you.

Our DPS is low compared to other classes, a legitimate complaint with no solution. You feel that you bring the raid down, yet 6/10 of the top guilds in the world run Hunters. So... that isn't a legitimate complaint. If that were the case, the best guilds in the world would not run Hunters.