Heroic Vizier, HoF

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 6 7 8 23 Next
Sure as long as there was consistency.
Is vizier really RNG?

Because outside of the times he pulls during trash + one pull where people we're standing on the F&V platform, hes ALWAYS gone for force/verve first.

Either we have REALLY strange rng or he goes to the platform farthest from the raid
I think we need to draw a distinction between pre-wrath raiding from post T7 raiding because they represent two completely different content philosophies. Blizzard has been iterating on the post T7 model pretty much since T7 however the basic design goals seem to be mostly consistent.

That said I think your list proves my point pretty well. In the more then 100 bosses in WoW history, even discarding end tier bosses <10 non end tier bosses have lived more then a week and many of them had other important factors contributing to their longevity. I didn't play pre-wrath so I'm not entirely certain on this but 4horsemen was a gear check and a half requiring 8 tanks with some tier bonus. Solarian and Mag were nerfed significantly before they were killed I believe. The point still stands a non end tier boss living more then a week is an exceptional circumstance.
11/07/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Robokapp
would you think the same way if the 'set order' was one of the hardest?

You would at least have the consistency to build a strat without endless conditions.
so the hotfixes didn't include heroic hotfixes?
11/07/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Epicholytime
so the hotfixes didn't include heroic hotfixes?

Imperial Vizier Zor'lok will no longer summon the Echo of Force and Verve in his final phase in the Heroic mode version of this encounter.
Zor'lok's Echoes will pause briefly before beginning to cast Song of the Empress.
Zor'lok's berserk timer has been increased slightly.
11/07/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Mintybear
would you think the same way if the 'set order' was one of the hardest?

You would at least have the consistency to build a strat without endless conditions.

absolutely.

yet...in't the fun of it reacting dynamically to what it throws at you?

my favorite fight ever is H ODS, which is difficult to admit since Kil'jaeden held that title for years...but every pull being different REALLY does it for me.
Some guilds are actually getting to single figures, Would expect a kill today.
11/07/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Wainerooney

I have no doubt that our best and brightest with enough practice, stars alligning and more gear farmed from heroic modes available could eventually turn up a kill.

One day is not enough to decide these things. these guys need time to brainstorm. It's not like they're looking up a "learntoraid" video of it.

i's LK 0% all over again...given enough time and no limited atempts, who knows ?
Dear Blizzard:

We can't kill this raid boss, so we've concluded it's overtuned. Please nerf it so we don't have to try anymore.

Regards

Scrub Whiner

I have no doubt that our best and brightest with enough practice, stars alligning and more gear farmed from heroic modes available could eventually turn up a kill.

One day is not enough to decide these things. these guys need time to brainstorm. It's not like they're looking up a "learntoraid" video of it.

i's LK 0% all over again...given enough time and no limited atempts, who knows ?

It is because they got good RNG, imo.
it's still afternoon in europe. by tomorrow morning we might see first kills.

what I wonder is...will the first boss be the hardest or are we looking at the heroic version of Sunwell ?
Can we fix this after final phase wipes?

http://i.imgur.com/IdTl0.jpg

Thanks.
11/07/2012 04:59 PMPosted by Kennyloggins
http://twitter.com/ImperialVizier

yes. YES.
On this fight, 3 lefts don't make a right blizzard!
Tested fight was tested, and by tested I mean Kangaroo.
11/07/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Blutrünstig
It would be lovely if you stopped making encounters that had variable "paths" to take throughout the fight, such as him having a chance to go right or left on the pull. It is far from fun to pull and then have to wipe because one way is far easier than the other. I understand that you enjoy putting rng into encounters, but it would be more more enjoyable not having to feel like we "lucked" into a pull where he goes the correct way and having that be the first difficult part of the fight.

This is definitely the worst part about the design of the "difficult fights" so far this tier. Spirit Kings was the hardest fight in MSV not because it was inherently difficult, but because there were 100 different RNG possibilities, some of which were close to impossible. It just seems silly to base difficulty on RNG, and while Blizzard has admitted this to an effect in the past, they keep using it in their fight design for some reason.

^^
Figures some guilds have been trolling. Nobody is even !@#$ing close atm.

Can we fix this after final phase wipes?

http://i.imgur.com/IdTl0.jpg

Thanks.

Well sit in em, silly (and die) :(
LOL. Force and verve+ MC= hilarity ensues.