August Celestials - No Exalted Quest?

General Discussion
Except every other MoP faction awards a freebie reward and quest at Exalted. It's not a great comparison to measure celestials against old world reps.

Not true! Only thing I got when I hit exalted with The Lorewalkers was the ability to buy the exalted items. And I didn't get anything for the Pearlfin Jinyu, either. Granted I didn't even notice when I hit exalted..... but that's irrelevant. :P
11/09/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Melenia
You get the epic bag pattern worth gorillions of gold. If that isn't an ample reward, you're an entitled child.

I love how people keep throwing the word "entitled" around. Is it the word of the day or something?
I am not a tailor, and so far, I have a single skyshard. Keep trying to tell me why exalted is rewarding (aside from the kite and I think a guild achieve, but that encompasses ALL Panda factions [there is also a kite for 150 mounts incoming, and with 169 at my disposal, a kite will be happening with or without help from the Celestials]... currently the Celestials feels like a filler rep).
11/09/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Melenia
It also lets you ride the Alani mount as well as the one from the AC vendor. You get TWO MOUNTS.

I always thought that the Alani mounts AC rep requirement was a kick in the teeth.

Never before can I think of a mount where you had to get extremely lucky to acquire it and THEN have to grind rep to actually use it.

Granted I haven't actively farmed it, but from neutral to exalted and then some I've only seen ONE skyshard. It still takes a massive amount of dedication to acquire the mount. The AC rep requirement was unnecessary.
Seriously. Heaven forbid I was surprised/happy hitting exalted with the other factions and was disappointed when I hit with Celestials. Clearly I am just enjoying the game wrong. My bad.

Would you honestly find it worse if Celestials awarded a quest and an epic cloak or a companion pet or w/e upon hitting exalted? Would that make the game less fun for you? The end of rep grind quests for the other factions were refreshing and gave you something meaningful (free and not attached to a specific prof) for putting up with the suckfest that are dailies.

Every faction offers mounts/prof items/vanity stuff for sale at exalted. Great. But they all also offer a nice freebie reward for putting up with the grind. It's a good model, and should be extended to celestials (and all new factions going forward) too.
11/09/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Superhefer
the exalted function of celestials is to use the lovely alani mount finally an clear a spot of invetory

This. Just a few more days for me.

The other reward is FINALLY being done with those dailies :p
There is no end quest because there is no overarching narrative to the august celestials. For Shado'pan, Golden Lotus, and Klaxxi, you had entire zones and questlines dedicated to the conflict between these factions and some adversary(s). But for the celestials, two of the four hubs are fighting tournaments, and the other two are two more or less completely independent conflicts. There is no zone whose quests are dedicated to the celestials. There really is no story being told that needs an ending.

Sure, they could have made one anyway, had some enemy appear out of the blue where you and the celestials must unite to defeat them...except wait that was basically the golden lotus quest.
Except every other MoP faction awards a freebie reward and quest at Exalted. It's not a great comparison to measure celestials against old world reps.

Is there some reason *not* to award something fun for exalted like every other mop faction? It's the one thing about rep grinds that mop got right imo. Incentivizing for completion = good design.

Maybe there is a reason. Maybe, and I have no idea really but nobody has mentioned the possibility, but since dailies and rep have been such a HUGE part of this xpac already, what if Exalted with August Celestials is a requirement for a future raid, like Terrace of Endless Springs. That would definitely give incentive and heavy weight to the exalted status with that faction.
There IS a "final" questline associated with the August Celestials, but it's one that is masked as a daily and depends on you getting the right set of dailies...

There is a narrative that builds around those dailies based at the Temple of the Crane. It involves watching a former sparring partner delve deeper and deeper into self-doubt, jealousy and anger...and this comes to a head.

Of course, you have to do those dailies many times to get the whole story, and since each day the dailies can be based in one of four destinations it can take quite a while for most people to see the whole thing.
There is no end quest because there is no overarching narrative to the august celestials. For Shado'pan, Golden Lotus, and Klaxxi, you had entire zones and questlines dedicated to the conflict between these factions and some adversary(s). But for the celestials, two of the four hubs are fighting tournaments, and the other two are two more or less completely independent conflicts. There is no zone whose quests are dedicated to the celestials. There really is no story being told that needs an ending.

Sure, they could have made one anyway, had some enemy appear out of the blue where you and the celestials must unite to defeat them...except wait that was basically the golden lotus quest.

This... I mean I'm disappointed that I'm not going to get an exalted quest once I finish with them... but I'm not surpized that there isn't one.
I'm assuming because by the time you get exalted with August Celestials you will have completed the meta-achievement for Pandarian Ambassador if you done everything in the right order, and also, the Celestials at the Temple of the Red Crane kind of have their own storyline already, always getting threats from npcs in the mail that go something like this "you bash litlte girls you weak now you take on Tukka-Tuk" or whatever.
Seriously. Heaven forbid I was surprised/happy hitting exalted with the other factions and was disappointed when I hit with Celestials. Clearly I am just enjoying the game wrong. My bad.

Would you honestly find it worse if Celestials awarded a quest and an epic cloak or a companion pet or w/e upon hitting exalted? Would that make the game less fun for you? The end of rep grind quests for the other factions were refreshing and gave you something meaningful (free and not attached to a specific prof) for putting up with the suckfest that are dailies.

Every faction offers mounts/prof items/vanity stuff for sale at exalted. Great. But they all also offer a nice freebie reward for putting up with the grind. It's a good model, and should be extended to celestials (and all new factions going forward) too.

I don't think anyone realistically would think it'd be a bad thing if more was added. The problem is that everyone (this does include you) is asking for more when it's not even needed. When there are things that still need to be fixed or looked into, not to mention a need for them to be working on upcoming content.

It's one thing to feel that something should be one way, but it's another to be adamant about it having to be this way or it's not even worth doing period. If you are trying to get exalted with a faction (which is pointless for all the players crying about VP gear), you have a goal in mind. It's obviously not a final quest if you don't even know if there is one. Think about it for a second. It's the exact same reasons why people bother getting exalted with ANY given faction, old or new.
At three to four quests a day the Celestials are taking SOOO LONG on my tailor. I hope the bag isn't worthless when I finally pop exalted.
11/09/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Fruckus
At three to four quests a day the Celestials are taking SOOO LONG on my tailor. I hope the bag isn't worthless when I finally pop exalted.

The Illusionary bags were selling for over 2k even at the end of cata.
11/09/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Zaxan
you get to be exalted, that is awesome in itself for that particular faction - which IS something and varied

dumbest reasoning ever...

I agree with the OP, variety would be something. Nothing is not variety... Nothing is nothing.

To Quote an epic movie:
: Did the lake dry up?
--: No, it just wasn't there anymore. Nothing was there anymore. Not even a dried up lake.
: A hole?
--: No, a hole would be something. No, it was nothing.
I imagine being buddies with Pandaria's deities will come in handy at some point. Maybe once Niuzao kicks the mantid out of his temple, and Yu'lon is reborn.

So in a coming patch maybe.
I imagine being buddies with Pandaria's deities will come in handy at some point. Maybe once Niuzao kicks the mantid out of his temple, and Yu'lon is reborn.

So in a coming patch maybe.

Im pretty sure with Niuzao's temple having giant doors on both sides that its going to open to something eventually. Probably a Raid. Yu'lon stated it would take a decade or more before a new statue could possibly be built.

Ive actually really pondered... where the next "raid" will be. I assume 5.1 wont have a raid, no mention of it in the patch notes for PTR. ... maybe 5.2 ... but even then, what? where? ... I suppose there is always the possibility of a tournament type zone growing out of nothing somewhere. and 5.4 or 5.5 will be Seige of Orgrimmar
Personally, I could care less for a reward, but a nice wrap up to the dailies would have been fitting (i.e. Shado-Pan and Klaxxi). We've spent the better part of a few weeks saving Temples throughout Pandaria, working with the deities, killing mantids, etc.; would have been nice to have a conclusion to story.

I got all excited to be exalted, hoping there'd be at least a somewhat epic ending, only to be let down.
You get the epic bag pattern worth gorillions of gold. If that isn't an ample reward, you're an entitled child.

It also lets you ride the Alani mount as well as the one from the AC vendor. You get TWO MOUNTS.
Wait the bags actually sell on your server?
11/09/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Killercaitie

I love how people keep throwing the word "entitled" around. Is it the word of the day or something?

You can thank IGN for that one.