Valor point gain just needs to change!

General Discussion
11/12/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Worrsevv
You guys seriously have trouble capping valor? This isn't close to even a troll post, but I cap valor so quickly it isn't even funny just doing a few dailies 1 heroic and raiding I usually cap in about 4-5 days.

If you aren't doing dailies yeah, it can be kind of hard to cap.

300 if you full clear HoF and MV.
270 if you do all 3 sections of LFR

That's 570. The rest would have to come from heroics and dailies.

Even when all the raids are open for normal/heroic and RF it's only 850 VP from raids. You should be able to cap just from raiding, and it's silly you get more VP from RF than you do from normal. So yeah, even if you do every part of raiding available to you you still won't cap VP. Needs to be fixed.
Hi all, a little confused. Are you talking about gaining valor strictly through raids? Just wondering cause for a random dungeon once a day I get 80 vp than 40 after that for the rest of the day. I have been capped on two toons since about Thursday, also there's the 50% increase to all toons on your account when one toon is capped.
Agree. Also Blizzard the "alt valor point" mechanic needs work. It takes far too long for a main character to even achieve the cap under normal playing terms, by the time you do you're left with very little time for alts to even benefit.

Consider that the mechanic kicks in after all characters on a server combined achieve 1k valor for the week, instead of 1k on one character and the rest receive bonus.
YEAH
11/12/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Finalization
You guys seriously have trouble capping valor? This isn't close to even a troll post, but I cap valor so quickly it isn't even funny just doing a few dailies 1 heroic and raiding I usually cap in about 4-5 days.

Do you hardcore raid like some people? we dedicate 4-5 hours a night, for 4-5 nights a week for raiding. On top of full time jobs for most of us. How in the hell do you expect any of us to valor cap?

1 Week = 168 hours

Full time job = 40 hours a week (We will give it 50 hours between getting ready for work and drive time obviously you can't play then)
Sleep = 56 hours a week
Time not playing = 96 hours which leaves your with 72 hours. (Now lets say you don't have a family or kids and this is your pure play time, I have a family and a child so I obviously play alot less then 72 hours a week lol.)

Your "hardcore" schedule is 25 hours a week. Which is about 1/3rd of your time playing not as bad but if you say have half the time to play say about 35 hours a week you are spending over 70% of your play time in raids, now because you don't have good time management, refuse to do your dailies or do heroics with guildies to cap out your valor, it doesn't need to be changed.

Doing dailies to keep up with valor gain sucks, but at the same time atleast they give valor. They could give no valor and you could still need the rep to buy things which would be alot worse so sometimes you need to count your blessings.
Agree. Also Blizzard the "alt valor point" mechanic needs work. It takes far too long for a main character to even achieve the cap under normal playing terms, by the time you do you're left with very little time for alts to even benefit.

Consider that the mechanic kicks in after all characters on a server combined achieve 1k valor for the week, instead of 1k on one character and the rest receive bonus.

I agree, the 50% valor increase buff is a good idea, but the fun from playing alts (at least for me and people I talk to) comes mainly from playing on each toon a little each day. However, the current model forces us to grind heroics early in the week on one toon just so the buff is useful by the end of the week(also during progression raiding bosses are alive until the end of the week in most cases). This creates the need to grind heroics / scenarios even more because you're not actually even getting the valor from raiding until its too late to benefit from the valor gain buff.
This is World of Takesforevertogetanythingcraft, what do you all expect?
11/12/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Worrsevv
They could give no valor and you could still need the rep to buy things which would be alot worse so sometimes you need to count your blessings.

Not true? If you wanted any argument at all you could say you need you need to do dailies to get the bonus rolls, but again you would just be defending a grindy system that's sole purpose is to kill time.
I think if you clear all the raids you should be VERY close to the valor cap. There should be no reason I have to do dailies or do random heroics if I raid a lot.
11/12/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Worrsevv

Do you hardcore raid like some people? we dedicate 4-5 hours a night, for 4-5 nights a week for raiding. On top of full time jobs for most of us. How in the hell do you expect any of us to valor cap?

1 Week = 168 hours

Full time job = 40 hours a week (We will give it 50 hours between getting ready for work and drive time obviously you can't play then)
Sleep = 56 hours a week
Time not playing = 96 hours which leaves your with 72 hours. (Now lets say you don't have a family or kids and this is your pure play time, I have a family and a child so I obviously play alot less then 72 hours a week lol.)

Your "hardcore" schedule is 25 hours a week. Which is about 1/3rd of your time playing not as bad but if you say have half the time to play say about 35 hours a week you are spending over 70% of your play time in raids, now because you don't have good time management, refuse to do your dailies or do heroics with guildies to cap out your valor, it doesn't need to be changed.

Doing dailies to keep up with valor gain sucks, but at the same time atleast they give valor. They could give no valor and you could still need the rep to buy things which would be alot worse so sometimes you need to count your blessings.

Yes, because I want to spend all my free time playing World of Warcraft as opposed to taking a girl out, hanging out with friends, seeing a movie or spending time with my family.

Already spending 25 hours a week on a video game is MORE than enough time. Lets' do some math.

168 Hours/Week.

40 Hrs/Week @ work (Not counting driving time)
56 Hrs/Sleeping (8hrs/day)
25 Hrs/Raiding (5 hrs/5 days)
7-12 Hrs/Getting Ready/Driving to work

We're now at 133 Hours of my 168 Hour Week, I have 35 Hours left in my week to Eat, Watch a Movie or TV show, Play a sport, Watch a sport, spend time with my family, take somebody out etc.

The Valor gain needs to change, period. You cannot refute this and think you are even remotely right about it.
Can we get the LFD thing back where you can do all 7 in 1 day.. It really sucks only getting 80 once and then have to. Log on everyday.
I think it's funny seeing people defend how grindy the system is. It's pretty boring, and awful. I have restricted time commitments, and feeling obligated to valor cap under the current daily system is a waste of time that I'm not interested in.

I play this game to raid, I'm interested in raiding, not 5 man dungeons, not grinding npc reps, and without doing those my raiding ability will be impacted. It's an aspect of the game that is completely insipid. Let me badge/valor/whatever cap from doing raids, as we've always been able to in the past. Especially if we're going to be limiting our character progression without it.
11/12/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Adelaide
A raid boss should give 63 VP so that a full clear would get you to VP cap. It's a raid currency after all, raiding should be the most efficient way to cap.

This. LFR SHOULD be worth more. Why would I spent 30 min wiping on will of the emperor when I can just get almost the same if not MORE vp doing heroics? Also it's pretty meh to run dungeons when there are no upgrades left to you. Another reason why LFR should be giving MORE vp.
I'm not defending the grind of valor points, I'm just calling people out on saying "I don't like the things that give me valor, let me do what I want and auto cap me out" hell lets just get 1k valor a week every tuesday and then you can do what ever you want. !@#$%ing because you have to put some work in is just sad.
Blizz should cap valor every Tuesday just for logging in. Anything else is just asking too much.
11/12/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Worrsevv

Before I started hitting exalted with everyone and stopped having to do 30-40+ dailies a day I didn't have issues capping. But that 2 hours a day of dailies + raiding was a brutal schedule to keep up and we shouldn't be expected to continue it forever just to cap.

Raid bosses need to give more and heroics need to give more. It's frustrating to spend 20-30 minutes on a heroic and only earn 40 vp.
DENTAL PLAN

lisa needs braces

DENTAL PLAN

lisa needs braces
I'm into coin flips for "what way to cap valor will suck less": I can do scenarios for no gear in my dps off spec, I can do heroics for no gear, I can do dailies which have no point once you have the reputation...

I can see doing the cooking daily for the token. Okay, 5x7 = 35 VP per week. That plus raiding doesn't cap it. Raiding doesn't even come close to valor cap. I must have a really old school train of thought where I think that VP (or badges) are for filling holes that have been left in your gear because RNG hates you and it is personal.

I've been doing scenarios not because they are fun but because they are so easy that you can just sort of run around and SCK it all (on my monk) even in the crafted pvp gear (she doesn't have better because agi gear isn't going to off spec yet and killing stuff as a healer is a complete waste of time).

Also, if anyone knows a way to queue into an in progress group on the last boss of dungeons that I can save and finish easily (selectively), be sure and let me know. That would be a lovely way to get VP.
Yes please.
Raid bosses should give 150vp each. There is no reason to force raiders into 5 mans for vp. Both Mogu'shan Vaults and Heart of Fear should award at least half of your total weekly vp each...so 500 and 500.