Heart of Fear Raid Finder Loot Issue Hotfixed

General Discussion
Prev 1 16 17 18 48 Next
What about the 2 purples I lost? Try again next week? Just like that?

It was BLIZZARD's fault that I lost those items and it's freaking unacceptable that I don't get it and instead receive 28g 50s (GM sent me as an apology I guess?)

FFS this company man.
Nerd rage over game bugs makes me laugh a lot.

I like how I've been directed here by 3 GM's, and still we havent gotten a (edit) reply in days. WTF blizzard....

Really days? it has been 1 day since the last response on this thread. Lets leave the hyperbole out. It doesn't help your cause or anyone else. They are working on a possible resolution. They do not have one yet. When they do, or decide they cannot they will let us all know.

11/15/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Lerüy
It was BLIZZARD's fault that I lost those items and it's freaking unacceptable that I don't get it and instead receive 28g 50s (GM sent me as an apology I guess?)

It was a bug or other in game issue that caused this. If blizzard is unable to rectify it then so be it. Move on already. The terms we all agree to clearly state that this type of thing can and will happen. Sure it sucks but why would anyone let a video game make them so angry??
Yeah, unfortunately this happened to me as well, as a friend mentioned the easiest thing they could do is just give us one free coin in the mail to use..No idea if that has even been discussed.
I just had this bug hit my alt now as well. Some great player got locked out of Will of the Emp, of course it resets. We do it again and the item is bugged. This is the 2nd character now hit by this stupid bug. I'm sure I'll get my item back. Yup...
Nerd rage over game bugs makes me laugh a lot.

I like how I've been directed here by 3 GM's, and still we havent gotten a (edit) reply in days. WTF blizzard....

Really days? it has been 1 day since the last response on this thread. Lets leave the hyperbole out. It doesn't help your cause or anyone else. They are working on a possible resolution. They do not have one yet. When they do, or decide they cannot they will let us all know.

11/15/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Lerüy

It was a bug or other in game issue that caused this. If blizzard is unable to rectify it then so be it. Move on already. The terms we all agree to clearly state that this type of thing can and will happen. Sure it sucks but why would anyone let a video game make them so angry??

And what's so hard about keeping us updated as they fix a bug? At least maybe once a day or something. Sure bugs happen, but when they go well... we locked you out of an instance and you don't get the gear you should have and you can't do it again until next week just isn't right.
Heres to hoping they release a fix before they unlock all of us on Monday at like 11:59PM EST and we're all scrambling to redo LFR.

edit - Just put a ticket in to see the progress on this, and it sent me here to see the updates on the issue...
I think an Elder Charm is a feasible solution. In the past when you are unable to retrieve an item, Blizz sends it to your character in the mail. I would ideally like to see this happen.

In this instance, we put the time in on the boss (it was over an hour for the LFR I was in) and some of us were fortunate enough to have gear drop. Not only were we not awarded the gear since the game bug showed us as saved; but we were not give the chance to re-run this leg of the LFR for the week.

This past week, the maintenance time slot was extended not once, but twice to all extra testing time. If more time was needed to ensure customers have the product working as intended than please take that time Blizz. This was extremely dissappointing and the solution so far is less than satisfactory.

I have been a player for over 3 years and am hopeful that Blizz will do the right thing and award the gear that dropped or at least offer an Elder Charm in exchange for this defect. I find it very hard to believe that the talented developers employed by Blizzard are unable to run a simply query to find players in each realm in that zone who won loot and didn't receive it.

If LFR HoF between (time, date) and (time, date) who "won loot" and <> receive = mail "loot" to player

Not a programmer, but you get the point. This logica should be simple for advanced programmers. It was nice to see the priority put on this issue for players who did not fall victim to the defect in loosing gear. But for those of us who really became testers, it leaves a bad taste in our mouths.
Seems to me that most of the people asking for a Charm, which usually don't help you receive loot, or for a second shot at the boss are the ones that didn't win any loot, or just lost the 28g.. 50s. For the small portion of people like myself that DID win loot, a 'second shot' to not get the same item more than likely, or a 'charm' to get.. basically a 'second shot' at 1 boss is nowhere even remotely close to losing the actual items. Sure, if I didn't actually loot the tier glove and pants tokens to have them not be awarded to me, I would've like a 'second shot' too, but the thing is.. that would be the only unfair option there is, because people that didn't get loot would possibly get loot, and those that did win loot, would possibly not be awarded it. Either do nothing at all, or pass out the gold and silver, or gear that was not granted to the players it was supposed to go to, not, give everyone a 2nd chance to fix their bad rolls.

And as a side note, it would be nice to at least get a blue update here, even if it wasn't a fix being posted, so we know you guys are doing something.
Seems to me that most of the people asking for a Charm, which usually don't help you receive loot, or for a second shot at the boss are the ones that didn't win any loot, or just lost the 28g.. 50s. For the small portion of people like myself that DID win loot, a 'second shot' to not get the same item more than likely, or a 'charm' to get.. basically a 'second shot' at 1 boss is nowhere even remotely close to losing the actual items. Sure, if I didn't actually loot the tier glove and pants tokens to have them not be awarded to me, I would've like a 'second shot' too, but the thing is.. that would be the only unfair option there is, because people that didn't get loot would possibly get loot, and those that did win loot, would possibly not be awarded it. Either do nothing at all, or pass out the gold and silver, or gear that was not granted to the players it was supposed to go to, not, give everyone a 2nd chance to fix their bad rolls.

And as a side note, it would be nice to at least get a blue update here, even if it wasn't a fix being posted, so we know you guys are doing something.

Actually I'm pretty sure that every one of us here complaining lost loot drop not gold:P And since they have said they can't look it up, the only acceptable action would be to reset it for us and/or give us a charm....pretty sure that's the only reason people are asking for the charms.
11/15/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Änthares
Sure, if I didn't actually loot the tier glove and pants tokens to have them not be awarded to me, I would've like a 'second shot' too, but the thing is.. that would be the only unfair option there is, because people that didn't get loot would possibly get loot, and those that did win loot, would possibly not be awarded it. Either do nothing at all, or pass out the gold and silver, or gear that was not granted to the players it was supposed to go to, not, give everyone a 2nd chance to fix their bad rolls.

While I get your complaint, I think the charms thing would be the best possible solution. I mean, sure, I didn't down either bosses- BUT, I also got saved to them and am ineligible to even have a CHANCE at a roll.

So me getting an elder charm dependent on how many bosses this happened on, would go a long way towards giving me that CHANCE back- even if it just applies to an extra roll.

Especially since it doesn't look like anyone is going to get their lost loot or have their LFR completely reset for this week.
I lost leg token. If it were another item I wouldn't care, but tokens are important, at least for me. If I spend time in this game is to get something, if that something won't get to me because some weird buf, I'm gonna be pieced. Sorry, but what I do with my time only concerns to me, those saying "this is just a game" "get over it" "they don't have to give you anything" .... maybe yes, but I spend time and money on this and I expect to enjoy it. When things like these happens I get mad. Sorry, but I can't feel otherwise.
11/15/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Khalael
I lost leg token. If it were another item I wouldn't care, but tokens are important, at least for me. If I spend time in this game is to get something, if that something won't get to me because some weird buf, I'm gonna be pieced. Sorry, but what I do with my time only concerns to me, those saying "this is just a game" "get over it" "they don't have to give you anything" .... maybe yes, but I spend time and money on this and I expect to enjoy it. When things like these happens I get mad. Sorry, but I can't feel otherwise.

Like I said - I'm ok with not getting loot due to RNG. That's the game - it happens, it sucks sometimes, it's all good. However, when I do when a piece of loot - especially the one piece I want the most - and a bug prevents me from getting it...I expect Blizzard to own up to their mistake and make things right, whatever it takes.
Still no awsers for those who didnt receive their items ?

Well if blizzard cant give back to me an item that was rightfully mine, then at least give me a Sigil from that instance.

unbelievable...
i have just got 2 elder charms of good fortune, is this the compensation??
ya.. i got that as well.. w/e.. if its the best they can do
11/15/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Stohana
i have just got 2 elder charms of good fortune, is this the compensation??

I believe it is. I got 'em too.
i really wanted my legs token.... i bet i will never get em again
Sigh.
Got 1 Elder Charm, but I'm Charm capped atm so idk if I got 2 or not.