Heart of Fear Raid Finder Loot Issue Hotfixed

General Discussion
Prev 1 46 47 48
bump
Probably too late now. Pissed off that some people got tokens but others didn't.
bump
I don't know about the individual circumstances but, if you have (if not already) been in touch with the Game Master department they have the tools and knowledge on verifying if the character was eligible to receive the Elder Charms.
Rygarius-

That's the problem. There are people who have the exact same circumstances as one another, but GMs will award tokens to some people, but not other people.

Game Master Roulette is the only thing determining who gets coins and who does not. I personally had 2 GMs tell me "Sorry, we can't" before the third one essentially said "Sorry about the other 2, here's your tokens"
Still just sitting on my ticket, hopefully GMs get back at a decent pace (Especially if I have to play GM Roulette)
I literally just talked to a GM regaring this issue.

He said he is unable to find out if my character was eligible, even though I was locked to the boss without receiving a loot roll.

@Daltin - So I should just keep opening tickets until someone deals with the matter? Awkward.
Ok, this will be a long post, but…it might just help the folks that still have not received (and should have) their charms due to this bug.

I will preface it by saying, I just got my two charms last night, a full month after the issue occurred.

There is no “trick”, nothing that will ensure 100% success immediately, but if you are patient and courteous, you should find that the terminal resolution will be the eventual receipt of your charms (if you were truly affected by this bug).

Step 1
Open a ticket in game (even if you have done so many times) and wait for a GM. Explain the situation in full (refer to the thread and that you have posted on the thread). You will probably get something like; “the GMs cannot do anything…keep posting” or “you don’t qualify” or “wow, that happened a long time ago, is it really that important” or insert your own cute (but useless) comment that some of these GMs like to make.

Once that process has gone on (~30 minutes of your time)…

Step 2
Ask for the GM to escalate your ticket, they will say that their manager cannot do anything else that they cannot do and it will be a waste of your time, say thank you, but please escalate my ticket. The GM will say it might take a while before his/her manager will get to you; say thank you, I will wait…and wait (for me it was about an hour).

Once the manager gets on, he/she will probably have a little bit of an idea of your issue, but you may have to explain again. Ask them to simply help you resolve this issue and be calm. They may or may not be able to help right away…but… these GMs are the ones that are there to really help you (not the first tier). The second tier support even gave me the contact info (his e-mail at Blizzard) to keep me in the loop as this process moved forward.

Step 3
More waiting, two weeks later (one email back and forth) the coins were added to my account and he opened a chat just to apologize for the delay and to wish me luck in the game.

So, my take home message from this whole ordeal is the reality that most GMs (at least those that we talk with first) don’t even play the game. They are just tech support employees whose job it is to close tickets, not resolve them. It is a numbers game…they just figure that you will get frustrated and eventually go away. This sucks, but…once you do get to that “next level” of support, those folks DO play and understand why something as “meaningless” as one lost chance at loot…then the addition of two additional lost chances …is such a big deal to many of us.

Well, I hope this helps. My two AWESOME GMs were Methiur and Rularkinn, even started by offering to use their real names in all of our communications. Good guys and the type of support that we hope for from a company like Blizzard.

Best of luck,
Neo
I literally just talked to a GM regaring this issue.

He said he is unable to find out if my character was eligible, even though I was locked to the boss without receiving a loot roll.

@Daltin - So I should just keep opening tickets until someone deals with the matter? Awkward.

This is exactly what happened to me. The first two said they were "unable to find out of my character was eligible" despite me being locked out to the boss the first week of the raid.

My Armory had 1 kill, but I was locked out. If it wasn't the bug, how was I locked out? lol.

But yes. I just kept at it until I won GM Roulette and got an awesome GM that didn't seem lazy.

12/13/2012 06:52 AMPosted by Neocort
“wow, that happened a long time ago, is it really that important”

And if a GM ever said that to me, I'd be talking to a supervisor of some sort.

12/13/2012 06:52 AMPosted by Neocort
So, my take home message from this whole ordeal is the reality that most GMs (at least those that we talk with first) don’t even play the game. They are just tech support employees whose job it is to close tickets, not resolve them. It is a numbers game…they just figure that you will get frustrated and eventually go away. This sucks, but…once you do get to that “next level” of support, those folks DO play and understand why something as “meaningless” as one lost chance at loot…then the addition of two additional lost chances …is such a big deal to many of us.

It sounds and feels just like any other customer service job. If for say you're at a restaurant, there are some workers that will decline your reasonable request because it inconveniences them, or because it'd take too long to do. But, there are some among them that truly want to help anyone, and everyone.

When I was younger I worked in a drive thru, and Rule #1 was numbers. Get them in, get them out. Doesn't matter if the order had something wrong with it. If the customer wanted it right, they'd pull around and come back inside and have it fixed. Maybe even ask for a refund.

It didn't matter. The refund was insignificant compared to the corporation's fixation on keeping Drive Times under 2 minutes from Order Box to Out of the line.

Eventually they figured out that I wouldn't send things off until they were right. Probably risked my job at the time, but they figured out if they just made it right the first time, times would get better.

All of this was horrendously off topic, and I apologize. Just seemed relevant somehow
Rygarius I believe there could be some confusion I was hoping you could clear up.

My understanding, please inform me if I'm mistaken, is that people are being given out these Elder Charms if they were locked out from loot on Amber-Shaper, regardless if they downed the boss or not seeing as how the lockout occurred after a wipe on the boss.

I'm hearing there are two groups of people. Ones that got locked out after a wipe, didn't realize it and went on to kill the boss ignorant of the fact they wouldn't get loot and group two, the ones who realized they got locked out after the wipe and didn't continue to pursue downing the boss hoping for a fix later in the week after 20 ticket submissions.

Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks.
Yeah, what are the exact requirements to get these tokens? I got locked out of Amber-Shaper, saw I was locked, left because it was pointless, cleared it a few days later just for Empress. I don't want to send in tickets, I don't know the actual requirements so might be pointless.

Most of the GMs said I could get coins if I posted here or that the devs would give me coins eventually. Then I got told I was supposed to be locked out of 3+ bosses to get coins. One GM even said it was intended to get locked out from loot from a wipe, clearly not - since this topic was created. I've also been told I can't get coins because I didn't down the boss when I got locked. (Why does that make a difference if I couldn't get loot either way? Didn't know coins would be given until days after I left.)

I've seen people who posted who have been in the exact situation as me who claimed they gotten coins from a GM. Others got gold, or both.
I can finally put this behind me. Took them a month but they finally got around to me. Thank you Blizzard.

I took the Blue's advice and submitted another ticket. I did it online as I've got a long chain of submissions regarding this. The GM who responded was professional and was able to verify that I was in fact was a victim of this bug.
Since this thread still seems to be an issue for some focus on the things the GMs CAN do if they say they don't know if you are eligible.

For me the golden ticket was asking when the logs say if I recieved loot or a bag og gold after it says I had my first kill, from there it was a simple matter of okay you killed the boss for the first time ever and recieved no loot/bag of gold therefore I was eligible and bam I got my charms
Bumping for the good people who were left out in the cold. Anyone from this thread still not receive their tokens?
It would be nice to know what kind exactly being eligible really is is, so I can either keep sending tickets or just stop.