Heart of Fear Raid Finder Loot Issue Hotfixed

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 48 Next
11/14/2012 01:36 AMPosted by Missdirect
Why am I paying every month to be a beta tester?

Clearly because you love achievement points lol.
So Im kinda lost here.

Those that didnt go into LFR already (part 2 of HoF) get loot now and dont get saved should they wipe

But because I went in yesterday and missed out on the loot from 1st boss, wiped on 2nd time after time, it says ive downed that one still, although I havent (armory backs this up) and so will not get loot from that one either.

Any news on what your gonna do about this ? Cause im having a very bad time trying to get gear from LFR as it is without this hindering me also :(
11/14/2012 02:47 AMPosted by Macstabby
get loot now and dont get saved

WHAT!?
I opened a ticket with them and I even had a screen shot of the Leg token I was supposed to win, and they told me there is not anything they can do about it because I cannot prove I was Eligible for a Leg token.

Well, I told him I had a screen shot, and he could check my records for the amount of times I've killed that boss on LFR (hint, its a number less than 2) and he still said he couldn't help.

You know, It took me nearly 2 hours to down this boss in LFR due to the inability of players who could follow simple instructions, and we got that one freak pull when all the members of my guild in LFR were the ones who got mind controlled.

I have 489 legs from Klaxxi and the Leg token is in no way a REAL upgrade, however, its the time and effort behind it that I kinda felt jipped on. I could have used that leg token for my offspec and I didn't want to waste a Charm of Good fortune on an offspec piece.

I mean I had to go through teaching the fight 12 different times and when I downed It, i get the big ol middle finger salute from the LFR loot system =(

Tho I do want to say the GM i talked with was very kind and understanding. He too had the same issue tho on a different boss.

I dunno, on one hand im upset i didnt get my item, but on the other hand I dont feel like its a GIGANTIC deal but the time and effort behind it caused me to open the ticket, and If nothing is really done i feel cheated somehow

Its like going into work for 8 hours, working your hands to the bone, and then come pay day your boss tells you due to a glitch in the computer, he cant pay you for that day, and there is nothing he can do about it.
11/14/2012 02:50 AMPosted by Kegrooll
get loot now and dont get saved

WHAT!?

Fixed :)
they don't get saved after they get loot? does that mean they can keep repeating the same boss and get loot over and over?
11/14/2012 02:50 AMPosted by Alisonprime
and they told me there is not anything they can do about it because I cannot prove I was Eligible for a Leg token.

:| You would have thought that all GM's were informed that part 2 of HoF only opened yesterday.

And as you rightly said your records show that youve downed him once.
11/14/2012 03:00 AMPosted by Kegrooll
they don't get saved after they get loot? does that mean they can keep repeating the same boss and get loot over and over?

Dude I quoted you and said fixed. It was a mistype on my part. If you want to go ahead and trol on go ahead, but the only person thats gonna look like a duche as a result is you.

As it is ive acknowledged ive mis typed, ive fixed it and even said so, the rest is up to you.
oh, i thought u meant that the lfr is fixed with non save loots :3
Was sorta hoping they'd just reset it for those of us that are currently locked out.
Wiped twice to the 2nd boss yesterday, and THEN someone pointed out this bug. I left as I didn't want to see loot drop without being able to actually get it. I suppose I could still run it for the other two and for the sake of clearing it, but still.
11/13/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Rygarius
You didn't read, I haven't killed the Boss because we wiped repeatedly and I'm still saved to it. According to that, it should have fixed itself but didn't.

The hotfix prevents more people from being saved incorrectly when a boss resets. For players already saved, we're still exploring what we can do and will provide an update as soon as possible.

I'd like to know how long you're going to take "exploring" the situation. There's obviously one resolution, sending us the best freaking loot from the bosse's loot table that we currently need. We wait an extra 4 hours for you to run in-game testing on the server maintainence and another 2 hours wiping on this dude only to be told we're gonna wait some more? Not acceptable. Please continue to update us with this seeing as my trouble ticket is being conveniently ignored.

Irate Guy

I dunno, on one hand im upset i didnt get my item, but on the other hand I dont feel like its a GIGANTIC deal but the time and effort behind it caused me to open the ticket, and If nothing is really done i feel cheated somehow

It might not be a big deal for you, but for me it definitely is! lost a BIG upgrade (tier gloves) and a slight upgrade, 483 boots.
Not to mention the huge time investment and effort put into these bosses on LFR, wiping numerous times.

Yeah, and theres even worse cases out there, you can be sure of that.

Frustrated.
When will the people that were affected by this get the resoultion?

I had a tier token and it said i wasn't eligible... activity shows i downed the boss..
11/13/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Rygarius
This does not affect those that killed a boss and got loot. The hotfix was to correct an issue where players got saved when a boss resets; like after a wipe.

In my particular case, I joined a raid that was on boss #2. We wiped a few times. I joined a different raid for boss #1 later in the evening. We one-shot boss #1 and I was presented with the message that I could not receive loot.

So the fix covers this then? Any boss reset in the dungeon caused this problem?
I have been using an elder charm on Elegon every week to try and upgrade my 463 tanking weapon - arguably one of the most important slots to upgrade. There is no other upgrade path aside from raids/LFR. I was momentarily so excited to see the 483 tanking weapon dropped from Un'sok only to have it ruined by a bug that said "just kidding, no loot for you!".

Anything they do other than restoring the items that should have been looted is just a total slap in the face. This is a game where RNG is part of life and you have to live with the results. I am ok with farming a boss for weeks or months until finally getting the loot I want...but to have this result? It's incredibly off-putting.

RNG is one thing - not getting loot that I won, due to a coding mistake on Blizzard's part, is unacceptable. Giving me a raid reset or elder charm etc. only gives me another small chance of getting the loot I won and deserve...I may not see that scimitar drop again for months.

I have two screenshots. The box showing the loot does not seem like something that could easily be photoshopped...

For the small number of players who were ineligible for a chance at loot as a result of this bug before it was fixed, we're currently discussing the best resolution and will provide an update as soon as we can. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Why there has to be major discussion with this type of thing is beyond me. Has the concept of going above and beyond for customers truly been lost in the industry? Is it a technical issue? Because that isn't the way your message sounds. It makes me think that the talk is surrounding whether or not to make the players eligible to run it again or to have them wait until reset.

Would really love it if while you guys are discussing these kinds of things you would add to your discussions this; Why are we being so militant when it comes to creating positive solutions for our player base? The cost is insignificant but the gratitude from the majority of the players is immense. The whole "We broke it, you live with it" attitude on the multitude of issues that have come up since xpac release is really counter productive.

Maybe I'm just tired and frustrated with things but it is what it is.