WTB...

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
10/27/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Torque
I agree. I miss leveling on the ground with everyone else.

No one's stopping you from using your ground mount to level. I did all the stuff on the ground to get to 90. I'm working on the reps on this char. I don't care about the reps on my alts I would just like to level, do some heroics, and some LFR.
10/27/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Turkeyone
especially since a sizable portion of the player base simply DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR STORY/LORE/QUEST/TEXT in any format.

But that's actually why I ENJOYED leveling 85-90. If you just DO the quests without knowing what it is you're doing, it feels like a chore. Savor the text, learn the story, understand the plots, and leveling will feel more heroic.
10/27/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Torque
We're not sure if we'll be doing this. The tome worked out well enough for Wrath of the Lich King as an experiment, but so much of the experience we spent a lot of time and effort shaping in Pandaria is negated by flying. In addition to the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794350230"]upcoming reputation changes[/url] for alts (when a character on the account hits Revered), we'll consider other methods of potentially speeding up the leveling process for alts, but we don't think "allow flying" is necessarily the best answer.
I agree. I miss leveling on the ground with everyone else.

I agree too flying isn't necessary until you hit 90 I like the ground leveling myself.
10/27/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Sanglis
Look at outland and wotlk, you barely see another player, and that's not an experience Blizzard will like new players to see.

But that can be fixed. It won't be easy. But the solution is in gold writing. In a future expansion, bring the older continents up to date. Make Outlands reflect the post-Burning Crusade campaign, make Northrend reflect the new Lich King and the absence of the Blue Dragonflight. Like I said, it will be hard but I'm sure Blizzard wants to update Azuremyst and Eversong. When this is done, players will most likely be brought back to these areas even at level 95 or 100.
10/27/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Peachey
But that's actually why I ENJOYED leveling 85-90. If you just DO the quests without knowing what it is you're doing, it feels like a chore. Savor the text, learn the story, understand the plots, and leveling will feel more heroic.

Some people just don't play that way. If there is a tome introduced, there's nothing that would require you to purchase it. You can still ride your ground mount to your heart's content.
I would settle for some kind of book for Cloud Serpent riding, getting exalted with each char is kinda a drag, not to mention all my non level 90s can't use my pretty Cloud Serpents :(
Meh

Just another thing to slow people down and kill people's alts who farm for mats. I know that my alts are totally on the backburner until I get flying for them. There is no way i am going through that horrid leveling experience again on more then one character.
10/27/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Positron
What's so fun about doing the same thing again?

Could not agree more
Just another thing to slow people down and kill people's alts who farm for mats. I know that my alts are totally on the backburner until I get flying for them. There is no way i am going through that horrid leveling experience again on more then one character.

It just depends on the player, I need to level my 85 hunter to 90 now but I'm not dreading it that much. I think because I've seen worse, how are people forgetting what it was like leveling in BC and in Wrath? We had a 10 level gap! 5 levels is nothing! If you truly want your alts to hit 90, you'll suck it up and deal with it. Of course, you can wait a few months to see if Blizzard does cave and nerf the leveling process. It's up to you if you want your alts raiding soon.
10/27/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Crithto
We're not sure if we'll be doing this. The tome worked out well enough for Wrath of the Lich King as an experiment, but so much of the experience we spent a lot of time and effort shaping in Pandaria is negated by flying. In addition to the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794350230"]upcoming reputation changes[/url] for alts (when a character on the account hits Revered), we'll consider other methods of potentially speeding up the leveling process for alts, but we don't think "allow flying" is necessarily the best answer.

Flying negates the time and effort spent shaping Pandaria? Im sorry but that can't be further from the truth. I saw plenty of Pandaria when I level's my first toon. It's pretty, we get it. However, saying that's the reason you don't want anyone to fly is bad. I would have a much better time leveling alts if they could fly then while they are grounded.
10/27/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Positron
What's so fun about doing the same thing again?

This is the principle WoW is founded upon.
When you make an alt, you're leveling all over AGAIN.
You're doing the same quests AGAIN.
When you want nice things, you dailies over and over AGAIN.
Many things, if not everything, we do in this game is tedious.

I agree with you though I despise this train of repetition, but there has been no ground-breaking change to this game that rejuvenates the strain we players face.

This 'experience' will have already been experienced 'correctly' once. You can only buy the book at 90. As long as it takes to get to 90, I don't want to have to do it again to be able to mine or herb effectively. I just don't have the time.
yea, doing it once is enough for me. id pay 20k for flying on my alts. most people spend 1-2 days in the areas they worked so hard on and weeks in raids/dungeons. Once you level one toon to 90 you just wana skip all the panda land bs and get to the good stuff (raids)
. Well this clears up that leveling will be miserable for most. But with that daily comment being said. Can we refrain from putting more things attached to dailys it's bad enough as it is... Or how about give valor a meaning ? Something is being asked a lot with no response.
How about an account wide buff. Call it 'Veteran Adventurer', shows up at 85 and lasts til 90. +10% exp gain from all sources. For an added twist, make it stack per lvl 90 character you have. That would get me interested in alt leveling again.
10/27/2012 04:59 PMPosted by Holoo
Flying negates the time and effort spent shaping Pandaria? Im sorry but that can't be further from the truth. I saw plenty of Pandaria when I level's my first toon. It's pretty, we get it. However, saying that's the reason you don't want anyone to fly is bad. I would have a much better time leveling alts if they could fly then while they are grounded.

He means questing was meant to be seen from the ground, it's like how if you go to Eversong right now, there's no roofs to anything really. Because that's how the zone was meant to look. Not saying it hinders your perspective of the new continent but that's just the point of view that was intended to be seen.
I noticed while lvling on an alt in Wrath zones that Wrath zones seem to be built bigger than Pandaria zones. They feel more spread out and wider, maybe it is just a feeling, or maybe by meters per sqr footage wise it could be true, I don't know. Also, Pandaria questing style is a bit more streamlined and "leaned" out than the older Wrath or BC stuff. It seems to follow a more linear path than sending you all over the place for no apparent reason, which would be something I call, "5-S"... a system my work uses.

I kind of like winning flying at the end, it feels like an accomplishment. Sort of back in BC when you got your flying after 70.

I think we have gotten too used to convenience. Pandaria zones aren't as difficult as the zones in the past. Just be carefull and don't blast thru a pack of 10+ mogu, like I have seen ppl do - and then get themselves killed and then whine about not being able to fly over it. And no, I am not going to help you fight them either. I am going to sit there very still and watch you die and do a /laugh emote at your corpse. Because I am cruel like that.
we don't think "allow flying" is necessarily the best answer.

Ok...blues have been saying this since BC.....we get it....you think we miss out on the adventure....fine.

After I get a toon lvl'd up, I don't really care about your artwork. I wanna get my other toons lvl'd up in the fastest, most efficient way possible.

I did the ground mount thing already and saw what ya'll wanted me to see. Now let me get my other toons up cuz I still gotta deal with this completely overboard rep process ya'll got going on. Buffed rep or not....it's still retarded that I have to do one one rep to unlock others and I ain't got time for all that.....Let me buy a BoA tome for a few grand and go about my business lvling my other toons.

People that like using ground mounts can keep using them.....just like they can turn off buffs in raids cuz they don't think we should have either.

I don't normally have many gripes with the new xpacs but I really don't know who ya'll were listening to when ya'll implemented some of the things that actually made it in the game. I have enjoyed it, don't get me wrong....but I sure have found myself shaking my heading and saying wtf quite a bit.

Flying is a no brainer....you did the grind the way you were meant to do it....now at 90 you should be able to give your alts the perk your main didn't get.