Auction House in Shrine of 7 Stars/2Moons

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 10 11 12 15 Next
I made a bank alt. I get too much stuff to have to go back and forth from Pandaria and Org.
10/29/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Swervê
Please put an auction house in Shrine of the Seven Starts/ 2 Moons. I desperately need one so I don't have to port back to SW every 5 seconds.

Jesus go take your ritalin. Its lazy, impatient kids like you that make this game a pain to play.

Maybe instead of hassling blizz to make things easier you should go yell at your mom for smoking while she was pregnant with you.
I think it's lame, it serves no purpose, but to make us hike it to SW. We don't stay, we just come to use the AH. Just because Blizz wants to show new low level players we exist. Sorry, but truth is, the only way to get players into the world is to have content all over the world, including low level zones for new high level content.
It was the same with Wrath of the Lich King and Dalaran (including an Auction House for Engineers). Keeping them in the main cities for most players helps spread out the population but also keeps them relevant. Personally, I don't mind traveling back there when I need to make a purchase. I just plan ahead when I know what I'll be looking for or when creating new auctions myself.

How is that spreading out the population if no one is in Shrine of the two moons and all in Orgrimmar? I'd rather sit in org because that shrine place is just BAD, but I don't get the logic.

Indeed. I see where you're going there. They need to remove portals from SW/Org to any zone that you can fly to or take a FP. Then they need to Put the AH's in IF and UC and remove them from everywhere else on Azeroth.
10/29/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Brennvin
It was the same with Wrath of the Lich King and Dalaran (including an Auction House for Engineers). Keeping them in the main cities for most players helps spread out the population but also keeps them relevant. Personally, I don't mind traveling back there when I need to make a purchase. I just plan ahead when I know what I'll be looking for or when creating new auctions myself.

Yeah because making all but 2 cities useless in Cataclysm helped "spreading out the population".

:(
10/29/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Brennvin
For the most part, we actually feel the method used in previous expansions and again here in Mists of Pandaria works well. We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house.

On the one hand, Seven Stars is pretty laggy for me already, so I guess it's good that there aren't a lot of bank alts parked there. My bank alt lives in Stormwind's Dwarf District (I agree that Thunder Bluff is the perfect place for Horde bank alts). I don't mind sending stuff through the mail to do my selling. Where it becomes very inconvenient is when I need to buy something. It would be really nice to be able to do that right from Seven Stars.

The bank at Seven Stars looks like it was intended to house a bank and auction house. I hope that some point in the future (even if it's when the next expac comes out), it will be converted to such use.
There is one but it's only usable for Engineers.
There's no profession level requirement to use it though so I picked up Engineering on my bank alt and parked her there. :P

Wait, is it really engineers only? Welll.....I feel a little more special now <3
10/29/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Brennvin
For the most part, we actually feel the method used in previous expansions and again here in Mists of Pandaria works well. We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house. Obviously some players will want the most accessibility as quickly as possible, but to avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population, this is the best method of meeting those goals.

First, let start out by thanking you for taking the time out to respond to the issue posted in this thread. I've been following blue posts for years now (never once posting, until now.) and you blues work very hard to respond to an incredible amount of daily posts. I know it's my first post, but I do really hope you'll respond.

Wanting an auction house in Pandaria is one thing, and Wanting a pandaria portal in the other faction cites besides the capital is another. I get it. You liked the Dalaran model. So did I. I never minded taking a boat back and flying to Dalaran. I planned for it. This is not the method used in previous expansions. There is a portal to Pandaria in SW, so where do you set your hearth? SW. This is not only different but it completely undermines what you did planned to do in Cataclysm. I watched the blues explain again and again that they wanted to get the people out of a single city. There was a big world they made and we should explore it, enjoy it. I love Ironforge. It's a calm colored environment and it always reminds me of watching 2 holy paladins duel for nearly an hour straight back in vanilla. I have good times there. My hearth is going to be in SW. If there was a portal in IF to the pandaria I would have set my hearth there, use the AH there. We're only human. I'm not, no one is, going to port to sw and ride the tram all the way to IF just to hangout there. Let alone Darnassess. Please, for the sake of your own model, your intentions, your designer's hard work, and your beautiful cities that can't just currently stand up on their own, put portals to the pandaria in the other faction cities. Or even just remove the portal from SW. Players shouldn't have to feel inconvenienced by using their favorite city as a resting point.

If nothing else; Please, please just pass on this post from a loving player.
I don't see why everyone is complaining.
you are seriously fast if you need to port to Stormwind every five seconds.
Here's Logic for you.

For the most part, we actually feel the method used in previous expansions and again here in Mists of Pandaria works well. We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house. Obviously some players will want the most accessibility as quickly as possible, but to avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population, this is the best method of meeting those goals.

Then why are all the portals to anywhere in SW/Org? Any other Horde/Alliance city is dead.

Yes why bottle neck us in to one city per faction? This isn't the way to get us to spread out.

This lack of convient tansportation to places like Shat and Dal and now Panda's has always made me frustrated.

You've always claimed Spread the players out well I think if you put all the same conviences of travel in every city you put in SW/ Org you would get people using there favorite city not just SW/Org as those make travel convient to other cities.

And honestly this isn't the same model you have used in the past, everything is set the way it is so you can to keep low level characters from being planted in Pandaria.

Facts about old models cities and character access.

~Shat can be gotten to by land via Blasted lands Dark Portal or by a Portal in every major city on azeroth at level 55 that drops you right in front of the Dark Portal.

~Dal can be gotten to by land (Violet Stand) after taking a boat or by Flight point after taking a boat. Dal's Flight point spendy for a low level toon, but it was given to every character even so low level as 10.

~So7S can be gotten to by portal in SW/Org.....Where is the second method not here,and no portals in every major city in Azeroth even. (Which one of these things doesn't match up to older models?)

Have group will travel was taken from us so we couldn't just summon people to So7S such as low level characters. On top of list accually was this you just didn't want to tell people you where limiting them in this manor it just sounds better telling us where not exploring enough.

So thus you aren't using the same models as before, and you are further bottle necking us into one city if we want access to Pandaria.

Thus you have cut it off from low level toons (completely)which I do understand but in the process you limited our way or transportation around the world as we now have only one option SW/Org to get to pandaria that isn't getting us to spread out.

Give us portals in every major city to So7S and put a level limit like 85 on it. Problem of transportation and AH's solved.
I must say I second this as being the answer to all the problems in this thread. Ksparhawk may be my Guild Leader but honestly if I didn't agree I either wouldn't have said anything or I would have contradicted him. I think for myself.

He put this very logically and factually. The facts speak for themselves as to transportation between cities and how this model lines up with older models.

Here's Logic for you.

Then why are all the portals to anywhere in SW/Org? Any other Horde/Alliance city is dead.

Yes why bottle neck us in to one city per faction? This isn't the way to get us to spread out.

This lack of convient tansportation to places like Shat and Dal and now Panda's has always made me frustrated.

You've always claimed Spread the players out well I think if you put all the same conviences of travel in every city you put in SW/ Org you would get people using there favorite city not just SW/Org as those make travel convient to other cities.

And honestly this isn't the same model you have used in the past, everything is set the way it is so you can to keep low level characters from being planted in Pandaria.

Facts about old models cities and character access.

~Shat can be gotten to by land via Blasted lands Dark Portal or by a Portal in every major city on azeroth at level 55 that drops you right in front of the Dark Portal.

~Dal can be gotten to by land (Violet Stand) after taking a boat or by Flight point after taking a boat. Dal's Flight point spendy for a low level toon, but it was given to every character even so low level as 10.

~So7S can be gotten to by portal in SW/Org.....Where is the second method not here,and no portals in every major city in Azeroth even. (Which one of these things doesn't match up to older models?)

Have group will travel was taken from us so we couldn't just summon people to So7S such as low level characters. On top of list accually was this you just didn't want to tell people you where limiting them in this manor it just sounds better telling us where not exploring enough.

So thus you aren't using the same models as before, and you are further bottle necking us into one city if we want access to Pandaria.

Thus you have cut it off from low level toons (completely)which I do understand but in the process you limited our way or transportation around the world as we now have only one option SW/Org to get to pandaria that isn't getting us to spread out.

Give us portals in every major city to So7S and put a level limit like 85 on it. Problem of transportation and AH's solved.

With the portals in Shrine (at least once you hit 87 and can get there) it is not that big a deal to jump out to SW (for Alliance) and cross the street to the AH.
Need Global Trade Chat that you can easily turn on / off !!!!!! then people wouldn't have to just sit pointlessly in a city to find a raid...
I just plan ahead when I know what I'll be looking for or when creating new auctions myself.

Well the vocal minority that is FOR this feature is almost 100% dependent on Adderall/Ritalin.

I don't believe they'll understand "Planning Ahead" .
10/31/2012 06:14 AMPosted by Partyongarth
Need Global Trade Chat that you can easily turn on / off !!!!!! then people wouldn't have to just sit pointlessly in a city to find a raid...

Then form your own channel and post your channel to the Forums. Have some trustworthy people that you know or get to know become moderators. Not hard...

All of the major servers like Darkspear,Kel Thuzad,Illidan have their own private channels for things like this. Just gotta figure out who/what they are and ask people for them.
For the most part, we actually feel the method used in previous expansions and again here in Mists of Pandaria works well. We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house.

why is it always we, we, we? This only shows blizz don't like to listen to "us" the subscribers

10/29/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Mælstromedos
Oh now I get what you are going on about. Yeah I understand. If they add an ah to this zone then it will cause stability issues which is why they spread them out 2 in org 4 in uc I think and 1 in thunder bluff

Lol
10/31/2012 06:48 AMPosted by Odinsreaver
why is it always we, we, we? This only shows blizz don't like to listen to "us" the subscribers

We, I am a part of that we :) that means me and the majority of my friends on multiple realms