Auction House in Shrine of 7 Stars/2Moons

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 Next
I don't really see the problem with no Auction House. There are portals to every other city available. Set your hearth to your faction shrine in the Vale or somewhere in Pandaria and problem solved. Me personally, I port to Shat or Dalaran when I want to go to the Auction House. It DOESN'T HAVE to be Org or Stormwind. If you are still worried listen to this: If you go to Dalaran, you can use the portals there to go to Org or Stormwind and then hop in the Portal to Pandaria. Easy Peasy.
10/29/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Brennvin
It was the same with Wrath of the Lich King and Dalaran (including an Auction House for Engineers). Keeping them in the main cities for most players helps spread out the population but also keeps them relevant. Personally, I don't mind traveling back there when I need to make a purchase. I just plan ahead when I know what I'll be looking for or when creating new auctions myself.

Is it really the same though? Every race has a capital city which has an auction house. Dalaran was not a racial capitol - but I'd say that the Shrines are the closest thing there is to a Pandaren racial home city. Shouldn't Pandarens have the same amenities in their home 'city' that other races have?
10/29/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Moovix
OP, if you have to go to the AH every 5 seconds, you're doing it wrong. You may need more thought and planning in your life and less kitten brain reflexes.

I was thinking the same thing. I can't really think of many reasons to make repeated trips to the AH. I realize the "every 5 seconds" thing was hyperbole, but still. I play my characters, get everything done in Pandaria that I want to do for the day, and when I'm done I port back to a capital and post my stuff on the AH. If I need to run back and forth between AH and mailbox (for crafting and the like) I can do it at this time. Then my character can just hearth back to the Shrine (or wherever) when ready to do Pandaria stuff the next day.

Unless the OP is somehow so short on bag space that they need to immediately post everything they find as soon as they find it.
Set home point to your respective Shrines.

Take the portals. Hearth back. It keeps life in the faction cities, and honestly if you're too lazy to do that, then I think you need to get off your computer and go take a walk.
Or do what many of older timers have done in game for years....keep a AH/Private Guild bank alt in a major city that has a AH.....
12/05/2012 07:54 AMPosted by Odidodie
For the most part, we actually feel the method used in previous expansions and again here in Mists of Pandaria works well. We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house. Obviously some players will want the most accessibility as quickly as possible, but to avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population, this is the best method of meeting those goals.

So basically you're saying that your opinion is more valid than the opinion of paying customers? When is blizz going to realize that it is the player base who pays them so that they can pay their employees?

He's not able to say that you're an entitled twit but I am.
12/05/2012 10:45 AMPosted by Jawaka

So basically you're saying that your opinion is more valid than the opinion of paying customers? When is blizz going to realize that it is the player base who pays them so that they can pay their employees?

He's not able to say that you're an entitled twit but I am.

Well he's never going to admit that blizz ignores customer requests either but they do. You'll prolly never admit compulsively trolling the forums but you do.
A guildie was telling me that Cloak of Coordination and Wrap of Unity(I'm wearing WoU), do *not* share cooldowns, so you have two ways to get to Orgrimmar/Stormwind, and hearthstone to get you back to your Shrine.

Also, what's wrong with parking an AH mule in Orgimmar/Stormwind in the first place, and just using the mailbox?

There's nothing "wrong" with doing what you suggest. But why should we HAVE to make workarounds to avoid WASTING TIME?

And for what reason? So Blizzard doesn't feel the cities they are supposedly so desperate to get us out of don't become "irrelevant" - as if that means anything at all.

What is relevant is that they place such a low value on our free time that they will waste it to serve some nebulous need for "relevance".

This expansion is all about spending more time in game getting less done and transit time to vendors and AH and reforgers etc is just another one that adds no value whatsoever to the game.

We pay Blizzard to be entertained in our limited precious free time, not to have it frittered away because they "think" (this week) that it is somehow "better" than just arranging things sensibly.

I have my hearth set to the inn keeper on the upper platform (portal side). If I want to put something in my bank I have to jump down and run up rather than simply walk across.

Wait wait wait... Horde get an innkeeper near the portals?? Ours is downstairs on the opposite side from them (or, as far away from the portals as it could be and still be in the same building). I'd happily have to deal with the jump down/run up thing if it meant more convenient portal access.
Mobile repairs, mobile anvils, mobile guild banks...........Mobile AH? Let's make the Engineers happy.
Log out and use the auction house online or the smart phone auction house :D

Craft your stuff up before hand, then log off and post and or re-post, it's faster than using the regular Auction house and mail.
10/29/2012 03:55 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Mwahahaha *tinkers*
Only Gnomes can tinker. You, as a non-Gnome, can only "putter around".
10/29/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Swervê
Please put an auction house in Shrine of the Seven Starts/ 2 Moons. I desperately need one so I don't have to port back to SW every 5 seconds.

Make an alt. Give it some gold. Buy what you need. Transfer it.
Guys, get over it. Off the top of my head you have:
Wrap of Unity
Wrap of coordination
Hellscream's Reach Tabard - Home city
Argent Crusader's Tabard - Dal - Home city
Kirin Tor ring - Dal- Home city
Plain old portals to every city from your Pandarian shrine
15 minute cooldown on hearthstone in a guild
Alts that you can plant by the AH in Org and SW.

The sky isn't falling.
holy crap "rocket surgery" where would one get a degree for such a prestigious job of rocket surgery?
Is there a mail box in the Shrine some where?
I can't seem to locate one anywhere.
Can anyone help me out here?
Why is this even being discussed. If you are high enough level to be complaining about this and don't have a bank alt....... YOU'RE RETARDED!

(and, you deserve all the pain that hearthing to shrine and porting causes you) OMG that was soooo difficult .... all 10sec's of it 0.o
Cloak of Coordination FTW
\

This guy has it right. At the very least all guilds level 15+ get the 4 hour one.
10/29/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Swervê
Please put an auction house in Shrine of the Seven Starts/ 2 Moons. I desperately need one so I don't have to port back to SW every 5 seconds.

Necro?

But either way please describe the process to me. You're in Pandaria, you port to Stormwind, sell an item on the AH, fly back to Pandaria, fight and loot a single mob and decide that you instantly need to run back to Stormwind to list that one drop on the auction house again. Rinse repeat?

Is that what you're doing?