Auction House in Shrine of 7 Stars/2Moons

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 5 6 7 15 Next
I was wondering why pandalaran was empty...I have only been there on this character(engineer) and had no idea that the auction house was engineer only.
If you have 310 flight it takes maybe a minute or two to fly back from Jade Forest if you return through the portal, and that's assuming your hearthstone is down. In most cases you could do the entire round trip AH visit in less than 5 minutes round trip without ever using a hearthstone.

It's fast enough in this expansion that most of the time it would take you longer to mail the gear to a bank alt, use the AH, and then switch back than it would to just go on your main.
10/29/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Brennvin

It might be true that it was the same in Wotlk but doesn't mean it was a good idea. Also, The portal to Pandaria is only in SW meaning that other cities aren't much of an option.

If you really want to spread the population out then make a portal to Pandaria in all major cities.

For the most part, we actually feel the method used in previous expansions and again here in Mists of Pandaria works well. We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house. Obviously some players will want the most accessibility as quickly as possible, but to avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population, this is the best method of meeting those goals.

I think it would be reasonable to put portals to Pandaria in every major city. At the moment we are pretty much forced to go to Sw or Org which doesn't really help the issue of overcrowding.
How about a portal then that takes us back to Shrine( Horde and alliance version) for people who unlocked the veil and did the quest. It would make travel a little easier for people who want to head straight back instead of wasting a hearth. Just a suggestion.
Eh, I've got bank alts for that.
People LOVE justifying time wasting.
Wasting time in a fake world flying is winning IMO
Why does it seem like the most important factor to the devs, is the opinion of the DEVS themselves, and not the opinion of the community?

I'm not saying to give the players everything they want, but if people are asking for a convenience such as an auction house in Shrine, what's the big deal about giving us that? You say you want the population more spread out, but that's not how it's working. The only populated areas are Stormwind and Shrine.

If you refuse to give us an auction house in Shrine, then at least put a portal to Pandaria in EVERY major city, at least then blue posts wont seem like COMPLETE hypocrisy. I miss seeing Ironforge filled with people.
People LOVE justifying time wasting.
Wasting time in a fake world flying is winning IMO

I love flying. Especially through Pandaria, and especially on my Cloud Serpent. It moves like a wave. The other day I was looking for Frog Island and instead I spent ten minutes flying over and through the water. It was awesome.

It might be true that it was the same in Wotlk but doesn't mean it was a good idea. Also, The portal to Pandaria is only in SW meaning that other cities aren't much of an option.

If you really want to spread the population out then make a portal to Pandaria in all major cities.

For the most part, we actually feel the method used in previous expansions and again here in Mists of Pandaria works well. We also don't believe it's very demanding asking most players to take just an extra few minutes to access an auction house. Obviously some players will want the most accessibility as quickly as possible, but to avoid overcrowding and to disperse the population, this is the best method of meeting those goals.

You must feel ashamed sometimes of the middle man position. This Information Is only showing how hypocritical World of Warcraft's game development has come.

You talk about dispersing and balancing population loads, this doesn't make much sense?
You have portals leaving to Orgrimmar and Stormwind but what about all the other racials capitals? Those cities rarely see any forms of population.

You should do me a favor. Create a character on Mal'Ganis and pay Orgrimmar a visit.

Yet, I've seen you "Employee's" post about preserving lore as a reason, well. Once again, Org and SW?

I don't know. I don't know.. What we need to learn from this..

You can't teach an old dog new tricks. It's time to cycle out.
Just log out and purchase items on the Online AH or the App AH on your phone.. then just log back in and hit the mailbox..

The Apps/Online AH are for the most part much better than the in game one anyhow, which is sad.
We have one:

Its called like one of the only Engineer perks.
I am really not sure what the issue is here.

Set hearth to the room next to the portals in Shrine.

The AH is a portal ride and 10 steps, then hearth or Portal and 3min flight to get back.
Even better just park your bank alt in org and use the insta-mail service.

If anything I would argue that there is not enough facilities spread across the old world cities. Everything seems to be available in Shrine and i though they wanted us to see the world.
Those goals bite. Go to SW on Blackhand...So overcrowded because of the new cross realm questing...UGH!.
Orgrimmar and Stormwind need a portal TO the capital cities, NOT to Jade Forest. The Jade Forest portal can stay for the levelers, but there needs to be another portal.

Either that, or an AH in Pandaland.