Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 222 Next
Finally ready to call it quits, realized today after almost 8 years of playing that I just didn't enjoy the game anymore.

MoP ruined this game for people like me, I have a family, and I cannot and WILL not be forced into doing dailies across all my toons or hell even ONE toon in order to progressively gear my characters.

The new loot system for LFR, Sha, etc is completely unbearable, constantly seeing 28g pop up across all my toons gives me ZERO incentive to continue grinding out the casual content I am used to.

And its not like I havent given it time, I leveled nine classes to 90, and going through the same content over and over wasn't so bad, its the point where you get to 90 and you are pigeon holed into grinding dailies over and over or PVP'ing (which I do NOT enjoy). So I canceled today, which is saying alot because I play alot and used to enjoy this game massively.

Some will flame me, blizz will probably close the post, but truth be told, if they don't address these things soon there will be many following suit.

You have a Family? Hard to believe with 9-90's and doing every daily on every toon. Sounds more like you have a problem. I support you quitting for your health and family.
11/12/2012 08:32 AMPosted by Sweetpeaz
They put tools like LFD and LFR in the game that all shorten content.

Yeah, they also hardly ever give you gear which for sure shorten content. It makes you not want to do it anymore.
Lol, I have 1 level 90. I think I have done maybe 5 dailies total. I do random BG's, heroics, world exploration, quests, and old raids too. I'm having a blast and I could care less if I get honored with any faction in this expansion because luckily for my situation, this game isn't only about raiding. We have LFR to see the content which is all I need. Have fun in whatever you do.
Finally ready to call it quits, realized today after almost 8 years of playing that I just didn't enjoy the game anymore.

MoP ruined this game for people like me, I have a family, and I cannot and WILL not be forced into doing dailies across all my toons or hell even ONE toon in order to progressively gear my characters.

The new loot system for LFR, Sha, etc is completely unbearable, constantly seeing 28g pop up across all my toons gives me ZERO incentive to continue grinding out the casual content I am used to.

And its not like I havent given it time, I leveled nine classes to 90, and going through the same content over and over wasn't so bad, its the point where you get to 90 and you are pigeon holed into grinding dailies over and over or PVP'ing (which I do NOT enjoy). So I canceled today, which is saying alot because I play alot and used to enjoy this game massively.

Some will flame me, blizz will probably close the post, but truth be told, if they don't address these things soon there will be many following suit.

You have NINE classes at 90 and complain you have a family and that "dailies" doesn't let you play the game enough?

Maybe you need to re-prioritize.

This is exactly the way I feel about the game now.

I will probably not cancel all of my accounts but just keep one being payed for and sadly I will probably just stop logging in except once in awhile. Blizz won't care and no one else will either. Which is also part of the problem.

This is exactly the way I feel about the game now.

I will probably not cancel all of my accounts but just keep one being payed for and sadly I will probably just stop logging in except once in awhile. Blizz won't care and no one else will either. Which is also part of the problem.

If going without weeks with an upgrade from Raiding is enough to make you quit the game, then you obviously weren't cut out to be a Raider.

Raiding is not a loot Pinata. It's a grind. It's a GRIND. You do it, week after week, and eventually, you get an upgrade. Sometimes you get more than one. Sometimes, you go an entire expansion without ever getting that damned trinket/weapon/Tier Token than you yearn for.

THAT IS RAIDING.

And if you want to quit because the system won't give you gear when you punch in your $15 a month, then LEAVE. This is not the game for you.
DONT DO DAILIES THEN
For what it's worth I agree with you. Simply not enjoying it anymore, in fact resent it a little bit for what it's become compared to what it used to be. Part of it is me, obviously people change after so many years, part of it is absolutely the game itself and the decisions being forced onto it by certain people over these last couple of expansions.

Best of luck to you. I'm sure eventually there will be reasons to return.
Check back in a few months. I have a suspicion things will change.
People will troll you just for the simple fact it's the cool thing to do on these forums when someone says they are leaving. But they know it too, dailies suck and aren't fun.

this ^
the 'ready to call it quits' part i totally agree with

i haven't been playing for years and years and years, but i lvld a couple toons to max and geared them, but when cata came out...well, gag me if i was going to grind all over again for sure

the game has become a chore, and one that lots of ppl dont really like to do, so like the ridiculous lines '..why do we fight..' - one has to ask themselves, why do we play?

..it isnt loot, game mechanics (laughable at best), graphics (must be just about the worst in any game u have to pay for), or achievements (u get an achievement for logging in?)

the only thing that keeps many playing are the people - for me, its friends ive made and the family members that play - thats it, period

i am a CASUAL player and we ARE the majority

After 8 years, maybe that's why.
11/11/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Monk
I leveled nine classes to 90

To me it sounds like you're burnt out. I would be if I had 9 90s.

Take a break, we all need them from time to time.
A break never hurts, especially if you are playing that much.

In regards to the current state of how things are in the game: Rome wasn't built in a day. Give it some time, things will change.. for better or worse.
Buh bye!
11/12/2012 08:34 AMPosted by Elfmonkee
the fight was hotfixed and tuned down... why are u still complaining about something that has been addressed?

Please start reading the thread before you post in it.
So long.....