Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

General Discussion
Prev 1 28 29 30 222 Next
I just can't get over that the OP has 9 level 90s. I only have two, and the second one farmed half of the experience.

And all item level to get into heroics and then LFR can be obtained from the former level of content, completely without dailies.

The commitment to level 9 toons to 90, but no commitment to gear them up - I don't get it.

I completely agree with you. The OP and many other players burn themselves out with all the things to do in this expansion. A prime example would be leveling 9 alts to 90... or doing all possible dailies every day.

I hit 90, ran a few heroics did the Sha world boss to get the quest epic boots, and that was all i needed to get into raid finder.

It is perfectly possible to get geared without doing a single daily. I am not even honored with a single MoP faction and am progressing through RF. I do dailies when i have free time, but only until my queues pop.

What Zarhym said is 100% accurate. The current model needs work. There needs to be some other way to gain rep other than just grinding dailies.
11/12/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Zarhym
What pushes you into reputation progression such that you feel you have to do it x9 and burn out on the game?

He probably wants to spend valor.
11/12/2012 06:54 PMPosted by Zarhym
Operative word: TRYING. :D

Try to get rid of the 28g loot thats BS. There's no suspense or anything
anymore. Just "Welp 28g from that kill. Woo."

Seriously. It took me a week to level ONE character from 85 to 90. Wish I had that kind of available playtime.

It doesn't take too long to lvl. Some people were in beta and knew the quests by heart, others had guides, I know a few who really know how to power level.

I am guessing that the OP realized that he spent too much time in the game and maybe affected his family. Who knows?

Agreed, but that problem is that the OP made is a point to say that MoP's endgame "forcing" him to do dailies, dungeons, etc, everyday is what's driving him away because he can't spend a lot of time playing. Then he goes on to say that he's leveled 9 character to level 90 in the last 2 months. That's an insane amount of play time and has nothing to do with endgame content at all.

To complain about one aspect of the game taking too much of your time away from your family and then to go on saying that you've leveled 9 characters to max level in the last 2 months is just... confusing, to say the least. The time you weren't spending with your family wasn't because of dailies or anything at endgame, it's because you've been leveling characters to 90 like a fiend!

Even moving super fast I think 20 hours from 85-90 is pretty quick, and if you did that 9 times you're talking 180 hours of play time in the last 2 months. That's a over 1 full week's time in the last 8 weeks just on leveling characters, and again, that's if he managed to do each one super quickly. That's not counting sleeping or working either, so you take a good 15 hours out of each day for that and the math shows that he'd have to have pretty much played every waking hour for about 20 to 25 days (depending on weekends) to pull that off. 20 to 25 days, in 2 months. Even if he's a ninja leveler and did it half that time it's still insane.

The design of the endgame contend in MoP has nothing, or at worst very little, to do with what's eaten away with the time he could be spending with his family.
just a quick pop-in; what was wrong with the bc method of gaining rep! rep per kill in heroics, but only for a specific faction. maybe just the first heroic of the day? i miss that!
MoP ruined this game for people like me, I have a family, and I cannot and WILL not be forced into doing dailies across all my toons or hell even ONE toon in order to progressively gear my characters.

Then don't do them. You can gear up for LFR without doing one daily at all. If you have that many toons that you actively play then you can't bring up family and limited time. If you have that much time to play that many alts at 90 with the goal of raiding or heroics on them then you are already devoting to much time to your characters.

Cut out alts and you'll have a lot more time to spend with your family while gearing up some through dailies.

The new loot system for LFR, Sha, etc is completely unbearable, constantly seeing 28g pop up across all my toons gives me ZERO incentive to continue grinding out the casual content I am used to.

The gold is in place of getting no drop. In the old system when you didn't win a roll you got nothing. In the new system when you don't win a roll you get gold. Why is that a problem? You are actually getting something now when you weren't before.

This leads me to believe that gear progression was never the incentive before, because it is the same now.

If all you think there is at 90 is to do dailies or pvp then you haven't experienced half of MoP. You can do pet battles, dungeons, scenario's, hunt for rare spawns, hunt for lost and found items (which some can grant gear upgrades when newly/undergeared 90), craft etc.

The problem here isn't MoP but the attitude that you are approaching MoP with. There is nothing inherently wrong with that but at the same time you have to realize that your arguments are flawed.

You just don't find the game fun anymore but you pick things that aren't valid for the reasons why. Its fine to no longer enjoy the game. It sucks for everyone(players and Blizzard) because you no longer enjoy something you once did.
Because you have locked away a portion of the progression path behind endless dailies.

But character progression isn't blocked entirely "behind endless dailies."

So, we agree that a good chunk of it is, then? The poster you quoted said "a portion" and you said "entirely".

You're refuting them by telling them that they're right.

Tying the valor gear purchases to rep is stupid and that's all there is to it. I went along with it and got my rep maxed out with everybody. My DK is about to hit 90 now -- and I have absolutely no desire to do the full daily grind all over again. I don't "have to" in the sense that nobody is holding a gun to my head, sure. But if I want to gear up and be able to run LFR, there really aren't any better options.

You keep citing Scenarios but they're perhaps the most horrible way to gear up in the game.

Looking only at progression of character power at 90, do you not want to do scenarios, dungeons, or raids? What pushes you into reputation progression such that you feel you have to do it x9 and burn out on the game?

Why would I want to run scenarios? They give me only valor -- which I can't spend on anything without the reputation you're telling me that I don't need. And sometimes (rarely) a badly itemized blue that isn't as strong as what I would get out of a 5 man.
Doing dailys takes me less than 1 hour a day. If you can't find 1 hour a day to do dailys, then you must be the busiest bastard in the world.