Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 222 Next
Wow, so angry. Did I ever say you didn't play then? No, I just pointed out how it used to be. If you don't want to do dailies, then don't do them. If you're upset that someone doing dailies has better gear than you, consider that the OP also got to 90 18 days before you. You really think you're going to be at the same level? Not that 1 ilvl point (equipped) is that far behind..You're 18 days behind and yet you've caught up to him. Yup, such a tragedy he's 1 ilvl ahead.

Not upset over the OP being better geared. It only proves his argument is null and void as the Dailies helped get him where he is today. And by doing Dailies players will get where they want to be if they aren't getting the gear drops, as my luck in LFR and LFD prove. When I get a weapon upgrade, my mood will improve considerably. XD

My ire is directed towards you, not the OP or his gear. Don't attempt to misdirect it. You took what I said and misconstrued it. Your ignorance and lack of reading comprehension grinds my gears.

Expect to be verbally slapped again by the next person you attempt this on.

Reading comprehension is not an issue. I responded to what you said, without missing any information. If you don't like my reply, that's your issue not mine and insisting I didn't understand what you wrote is a poor argument. Perhaps you forgot what you wrote.
11/12/2012 01:01 AMPosted by Morrigahn
Reading comprehension is not an issue. I responded to what you said, without missing any information. If you don't like my reply, that's your issue not mine and insisting I didn't understand what you wrote is a poor argument. Perhaps you forgot what you wrote.

More misdirection. Again, as shown the OP who does grinds out dailies is better geared than the player who you admonished for doing exactly what you advised.

You are the one that didn't like my reply to you as you were the one who called me out for not doing exactly what you told me to do. Had you looked at my character progression before responding, you would have saved yourself the effort of typing out what has already been done.

You are obviously trolling now with your responses.

He is better geared because he made level 90 18 days before you. You are one ilvl below him, which is due to him having an engineering helm and you don't

You claimed I was not comprehending what you wrote when I responded to your complaints about the OP having better gear than you, and tried to claim that your argument was that he was wrong because dailies is how he got where he is. You didn't once make that statement. All you did was complain that your gear wasn't as good despite your efforts and used veiled curses to tell people off for suggesting that you didn't need to do dailies. You even claimed dailies were needed to progress. But again...18 days less time spent at 90...pretty much the same level. You have progressed as far as he has in a shorter amount of time. You have the better end of the deal by doing heroics, lfr, and raids. Is that really that hard to understand?
Um excuse me? O.o You hit 90 on the 20th of last month. 10 days after I did

Of which you've done more LFR and more endgame experience than I have. And you've reached higher in reputations I have started in.

and my rep is only slightly higher is some (in this case the anglers because I did them for the fishing boost)

You are higher in all of them except Celestials and Klaxxi. I've only done two days of Celestials since I've gotten Revered with Golden Lotus, which will bring you up to Friendly.

and very much lower in others. (The Celestials, Cloud Serpants and Lorewalkers)

You went with the Anglers I went with the Cloud Serpents.
Lorewalkers you can get in a day by going and finding all the Lore objects in the world. Not one daily was done to gain Exalted in Lorewalkers.

You prove what exactly? I haven't ground out every single reputation grind possible every day as my reputation would be higher in all of them if I did. Do the math and you'll see your reply shot your argument in the foot.

As for Cloud Serpents, it's easier to get Exalted with them than it is to get Exalted with the Anglers. Just doing the starter quests gets you to Honored. Had you researched this, you would know this.

Not seeing what your experience is proving here other than you burnt out grinding dailies.

Lorewalkers = Not 1 Daily done.
Cloud Serpent = Easier/Faster than Anglers.

Thank you for helping me prove I haven't ground out all my dailies every day. :D

1. Really? Um I have done LFR this expansion. You have cleared 4/6 normal Vault with 2 kills on some bosses.

2. You are higher in Cloud Serpent, Celestials and Lorewalkers. (regardless of how easy you can get rep) ...oh sorry Klaxxi too

3. You chose to go out and find all those objects. I have not. You chose to grind out Cloud Serpent, I choose Anglers, which I haven't even grinded. You are also Best Friends with several of the Tillers while I am only coming up on 1 Best Friend, more time you grinded away.

4. I'm not even exalted with the Anglers. I JUST hit revered yesterday after not doing dailies for roughly a week.

5. Faster and easier than Anglers? Anglers have 3-4 dailies. That is all and the only time consuming one is the fishing on the river one which I was doing anyway to leveling my prof.

Really if you compare are rep and progression, You've grinded far more than I have, considering I hit 90 a whole 10 days before you.
We need to look at the real issue here!
I am only speculating here, so bare with me. I think that a good majority of people who played this game back in vanille and Burning Crusade where either in high school or young adults who had quite a bit of time on there hands. As for me I can no longer spend the amount of time I used to on this game as I did back in Bc. It takes 2 hours just to do all the dailys in panda on one toon, forget about alts! My guild was short a healer and wanted me to raid with my druid! That's not going to happen! If my druid was at the same gear level as my warlock it would double the amount of time I would spend on this game, turning a casual Hour or two into a 4-5 hour marathon each day! I can see peoples fustration I Know where your coming from I really do.
Edit: Prove you aren't trolling by answering this question...

...what do you do when you have all the gear from Crafted and Heroic Dungeons?
Remember: Running LFR and Normal Raids are once a week.

You have a strange idea about what "proof" is. After all of that? It depends on who is on, or if I'm even on. Sometimes I do pet battles, sometimes I run dungeons with friends because they need another person, sometimes I level an alt, sometimes I farm herbs and ore. Sometimes I do nothing but chat with the rest of the guild.
11/12/2012 01:07 AMPosted by Loaboa
5. Faster and easier than Anglers? Anglers have 3-4 dailies. That is all and the only time consuming one is the fishing on the river one which I was doing anyway to leveling my prof.

Anglers have 6 dailies, 3 you have to fish up though, which can take a lot of time.

OP is complaining about being required to do dailies, yet he is better geared because of his dailies. He has Crafted gear, LFR gear and Normal gear. And he is sporting the VP Shoulders and Back. Both require more rep to gain than the ring and neck that I have gained. So when the person - not the OP - states:

Here is how to gear above the 489 rep gear.

and then lists:

LFD non - heroic (4 of them available) to gear to play heroics
LFD - heroic - gear up to ilvl 460
LFR - gear up to current ilvls available (476 is the starting lfr gear - goes up from that)
World Bosses to get some of the epeen loot they have.
Do dreadwastes quest zone to get to honored with klaxxi -- its not that hard to do one zone of quests - and you will be honored .. Get the 489 necklace from them with valor (at honored)
Raid with guild

of which I am doing, the response to both of you is to go !@#$ yourselves because out of all of these replies, the only way to get gear that is 489 or better is to raid Normal/Heroic and do dailies.

Or just raid normal. The point is you have a choice, you don't have to do dailies.

I'm doing exactly what both of you are telling us to do, but this player who has more time in and is focusing on dailies is still better geared.

Because he's been 90 almost twice as long as you have. You are practically the same ilvl and you've had nearly half the time.

He proves you both wrong so kindly take your arguments and %^-* off as they hold no weight. Unless you are doing your Dailies you are not progressing your character to their utmost. If you want the edge, you must do dailies.

Se above, you are geared as well, half the time. You don't need dailies, we aren't wrong.

Again: Reading comprehension. I wasn't replying to the OP, I was replying to the similar dullard who discusses the path of progression as you.

Yet you claimed later that your argument was against the OP's claim about dailies. I think you're confusing yourself.

You even claimed dailies were needed to progress.

I still do. You need to do Dailies to progress. Follow my evidence below.

Again, one ilvl difference due to engineering helm, nearly half the time spent at level 90. You don't need dailies. Are you getting this yet?

I'll restate: Where do you get 489+ gear? Normal/Heroic raids and Dailies.
What do you do when you don't get the drops in Normal/Heroic due to RNG? Do nothing and wait another week?

That's what everyone had to do before. It's nothing new. Dailies are a way for those that are adamant about not doing raids or who don't want to go into a raid being the best geared they can be. They are option. And once again....drumroll please.......you are as geared as him in half the time. You don't need dailies.
Farewell WoW, Maraudon = RIP
Farewell WoW, AQ = RIP
Farewell WoW, Naxxramas = RIP
Farewell WoW, TBC = RIP
Farewell WoW, BT = RIP
Farewell WoW, ZA = RIP
Farewell WoW, Sunwell = RIP
Farewell WoW, WotLK = RIP...

And the list goes on... and on... and on...
Dailies are an epic fail. 50 people for what 8 cannons? Everyone AOEing goats. Have fun trying to range tag everything in that stupid town that's on fire.

I shudder to think of the deep thought process that went into these dailies.

The only thing worth doing is maxing your farm out so you can harvest 15 motes of harmony everyday.
Farewell WoW, Maraudon = RIP
Farewell WoW, AQ = RIP
Farewell WoW, Naxxramas = RIP
Farewell WoW, TBC = RIP
Farewell WoW, BT = RIP
Farewell WoW, ZA = RIP
Farewell WoW, Sunwell = RIP
Farewell WoW, WotLK = RIP...

And the list goes on... and on... and on...

And the subs dropped to 10million and they're gonna drop again. What's your point? You think people aren't leaving?
You leveled nine classes to 90 and wondering why you don't like the game?

MoP has been out for a month and a half. You've completely burnt yourself out. Just take a break for a while and come back when you've cleared your head.
11/12/2012 02:00 AMPosted by Gurog
Blizzard doing what they want and not what the players want is what is causing them to lose subs.

People are always coming and going for various different reasons. If it's not the game for them, well that's just fine.

However, Blizzard can't please everyone, and there will always be people who are unhappy with the choices made. They've done their best to provide a compromise and it's time the players learned to compromise as well.