New player

General Discussion
Thanks again everyone! Where is a good place on the forums to start getting your name out there and getting to know people? I guess like a "lounge" or a chat site/program?

if that makes sense =/

Here on General you'll meet people from all realms. On your realm forums you'll meet the people who play with you. New Player forums are other newbies and veterans you can make friends with, and the class forums are good places to get advice on what class you're playing at the moment (I know when I started I wanted to try everything!) You never know where you'll find friends. And of course, your guild will have people as well. :)
Thanks again everyone! Where is a good place on the forums to start getting your name out there and getting to know people? I guess like a "lounge" or a chat site/program?

if that makes sense =/

On the Silvermoon forums, the realm you made your character on.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1182399/

I'm sure you'll find people there. Give it a shot!
I love that you are a Nelf Hunter as your first toon, as I think MANY of us rolled the same thing to start! But my best advice is enjoy not knowing, enjoy being a noob because that's were the real magic in this game lies, in the wonderment and exploration!
By the way, this game needs new players and new blood, so welcome!
Welcome.
Gnomes are your friends!
Welcome.
Gnomes are your friends!

Unless theyre Gnome locks, because they will betray you.
I'd suggest post in your server forums and see if you can find a group of people to level with :)

Along with this, I know I've come across folks out in the world as I've quested that just happen to be enjoying the same adventures I am. Be friendly and ask them if they'd like to join you.

And welcome! If you have any questions about the game itself, feel free to post in the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011644/"]New Player Help and Guides[/url] forum. =)

LOL what a crock, hopefully he dosent come across the new CRZ gank o matic. He'll be gone in a flash..............
PS no group quest means questing in a group takes longer to atchive the same goal. THE NEXT LVL !!
Welcome, just remember, "Time is Money Friend" - Da Wise Goblin (Me)
Welcome! Lots of people on RP servers chill out and chat, and like to make friends, just my experience.
11/12/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Terroreyes

Wouldnt need so many new playes if bizz would listen to the CRZ and DAILY threads....

not just hear, but LISTEN !!!
11/12/2012 08:11 PMPosted by Pandamonïum
Unless theyre Gnome locks, because they will betray you.

This is not the face of a betrayer! It is of sweet innocence! Innocence!

Ormie has some great advice actually.

3. If your guild is active, try to get involved with them. If they aren't active and you aren't getting help, look for a new guild. Community drives this game. Blizzard makes a great game, but they will never put out content as quick as players consume it, not insult intended to the developers whatsoever. Developing strong friendships in the game leads to a long and happy stay in Azeroth. You can leave your guild by typing /gquit. There is also a guild browser in game in which you can select different options that will search for guilds that best will fit YOUR expectations and play style.

Don't be afraid if you don't feel a guild is a good fit to look elsewhere. When you join, you don't sign a life membership in blood (only we warlocks do that *wink*), so if it isn't a good fit don't feel bad.

The new player forum is great for asking questions of all variety about the game. I do recommend it.

But most of all, welcome to Warcraft. It is a big, amazing, fun-filled world and I hope you like it. :D
11/12/2012 08:50 PMPosted by Talonbow

Wouldnt need so many new playes if bizz would listen to the CRZ and DAILY threads....

not just hear, but LISTEN !!!

We always need new players. Doesnt matter if people want to QQ about irrelevant crap. I wish I could get back to that mental state when everything was so big and so scary yet so exciting!

Kinda cant get that feeling when even though I have vivid memories of places, I just fly over them now without a care.
True True

There are games that I wish I could just get back that mental state.

Funny thing is that i try to get online today to add some people to my friend list and i got hit with that Tuesday's maintenance =/

something i got to get use to but at the same times, Glad there is a company that cares enough to do that....most MMO's just don't put much effort into it.
11/12/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Eliil
Welcome! Lots of people on RP servers chill out and chat, and like to make friends, just my experience.

What RP server would that be? Are their strict rules like you can't be out of character?
11/13/2012 05:37 AMPosted by Liquidvirus

What RP server would that be? Are their strict rules like you can't be out of character?

The most talked about RP server is Moonguard. I've never played on a RP server, as I don't RP, but I would assume that the RP is dependent upon the players you may interact with or even the guild.
Goldshire???

Also, where would i go to ask question about...."success stories" like my female friend said she found her husband on WoW and has been happy since then. Looking it up on the internet seeing good and bad story, which is going to happen to any game/thing for that matter, and came across an artificial about how WoW out beat eHarmony when it came to relationship. I was surprised to be honest.
If you're interested in RP, Liquidvirus, I'd recommend rolling a toon on that server. Wyrmrest Accord and Moon Guard seem to be the popular servers, and the RP is different depending whether you roll Alliance or Horde. People have their own preferences. Walk around the popular places such as Stormwind or Orgrimmar, see how people use the communication features, how they name their characters, etc. Most RPers do follow a set of unwritten rules that aren't hard to learn, and there are always people around who are happy to help a new player learn. There are add-ons that you can get as well to enhance your play experience both game-wise and RP-wise. If you ever happen to find yourself Hordeside on Wyrmrest Accord, shoot me a tell :) I'll help you out.