Level 84 twink gear

General Discussion
Where do you get it? I've seen people with like full 400+ ilvl gear at level 84 and there are never any in the AH.
84? I know you can randomly craft Blue 415 gear that can be worn at level 85 through Tailoring, Blacksmithing, and Leatherworking, but I haven't seen anything like that for 84s...
Move to a bigger server, or farm it in the low level MoP areas.
Uhhh...no to both of those.
They are random drops from lower level MoP zones.
11/14/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Duayiao
84? I know you can randomly craft Blue 415 gear that can be worn at level 85 through Tailoring, Blacksmithing, and Leatherworking, but I haven't seen anything like that for 84s...

World drops from MoP enemies, level 80 blues from Jade Forest and such, and they get progressively higher as you move into better zones.
11/14/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Epode
Lvl 80's tend to do better than 84's cause of the massive stat boosts. 40%+ crit and I've seen near 90%+ mastery

Yeah, that stat scaling is far more ridiculous at 80. Decked out my ele shaman with the 409 pants and caster dagger, and the 417 shield. Had something like 44% haste and 78% mastery. Could solo first two bosses of BRC and levelling up was a DPS loss :<
Got a 412 (I think) piece of plate (shoulder I think) from a rare in Jade Forest on the day of release. It was level 80 blue BoE gear. Do a search for level 80 rare gear and see what you turn up.
Its reasonably rare, I have found perhaps half a dozen sub 85 items, they are also hot sellers, the helm i found this week sold for 1400g in about 2 hours.
11/14/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Epode
Lvl 80's tend to do better than 84's cause of the massive stat boosts. 40%+ crit and I've seen near 90%+ mastery

I understand the concept of stat resets and all...but this is dumb:

Shadowmourne vs Bjam's Door-Breaker
11/14/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Hixson

Yeah, who would of thought an item that is 130 ilvl's higher would be better?
11/14/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Cýberg

Yeah, who would of thought an item that is 130 ilvl's higher would be better?

Yea yea, but it should be lvl85 not 80. This is like raiding Sunwell as a lvl70 with Heroic ICC gear...
There are a lot of random world drops in Pandaria that can be equipped by players 82-84 with item levels in the 404-442 range.

Just have to watch for when they appear on your AH.
11/14/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Hixson

Legendaries still outstrip any other item of the same item level by far.

And legendaries should remain legendary - a symbol of power from their era, not the current one.
where can i farm lv 84 gear for my warrior prot
I have gotten quite a few of these drops in dungeons and every now and then off of rares out in the world and when I put them on the AH they go quick at high prices because you will have folks wanting to pretty much be in god mode in BGs at lvl 84 so they buy em as fast as they go up on the AH.
where can i farm lv 84 gear for my warrior prot

The auction house.