BMAH is boring!

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 14 Next
11/05/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Delritha
I think part of the issue is the fact that the starting price for most of the items are out of the range of most people's budget.

BMAH isn't meant for "most people".
The Black Market Auction House features a wide variety of items. One week it might have something like an Enchanted Broom, the next week Ashes of Al'ar. It's completely random, and varies per realm. Certainly there have been items up on a few realms that people hit the bid cap on.

Just keep watching, it's bound to have something you want sooner or later. Only trick is, it'll probably be desirable to other people too. Good luck!

Why does it have items that can be obtained for a much lower cost and effort?

To troll people to buy it by accident.
I love the BMAH! Now, if only Teebu's Blazing Longsword would appear...
11/05/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Firetøfire
Yet, the sad part is 99.9999% of the realm cant afford this + its only up once an eternity, no point in trying to snag it if your an average joe. Do something blizzard. And I saw a "white quality pet" on the BMAH for 23G a few days ago, must have been bugged.

The BMAH is a gold sink, it's not supposed to be for every average joe. It's a place for the server's richest to duke it out for rare items.
I love the BMAH! Now, if only Teebu's Blazing Longsword would appear...

I have one I'm trying to sell, but you're not on Cenarion Circle :(
The Black Market Auction House features a wide variety of items. One week it might have something like an Enchanted Broom, the next week Ashes of Al'ar.
Yet, the sad part is 99.9999% of the realm cant afford this + its only up once an eternity, no point in trying to snag it if your an average joe. Do something blizzard. And I saw a "white quality pet" on the BMAH for 23G a few days ago, must have been bugged.

That's the point of the BMAH. Usually 1% of players can afford the best items.
Ours had the Onyxia mount yesterday. I wish I had the gold to bid on that. Want =(
The BMAH is a gold sink, it's not supposed to be for every average joe. It's a place for the server's richest to duke it out for rare items.

That's the point of the BMAH. Usually 1% of players can afford the best items

This is stupid, enough things are already avalible to "WoW's 1%" something needs to go down.
The Black Market Auction House features a wide variety of items. One week it might have something like an Enchanted Broom, the next week Ashes of Al'ar.
Yet, the sad part is 99.9999% of the realm cant afford this + its only up once an eternity, no point in trying to snag it if your an average joe.

Not every single thing on the game is made to be done by the average Joe. BMAH is made for people who gold capped multiple characters and have nothing to waste money on.
The Black Market Auction House features a wide variety of items. One week it might have something like an Enchanted Broom, the next week Ashes of Al'ar. It's completely random, and varies per realm. Certainly there have been items up on a few realms that people hit the bid cap on.

Just keep watching, it's bound to have something you want sooner or later. Only trick is, it'll probably be desirable to other people too. Good luck!

So whats the deal when a realm (mine) gets zero items for an entire rotation?
I like the bmah almost got myself a Reins of the Drake of the South Wind got outbid after i logged off :(. And had a good laugh when I saw someone bought a Obsidian Hatchling for 13k (which you can buy in dal for 50g)
The BMAH isn't meant to be for everyone. Just like other gold sinks aren't meant for everyone. If it bothers you that much, learn to make gold yourself. It isn't hard at all. Stop asking for things to be handed to you.

A Gryphon goes just as fast as Ashes of Alar.
Most of the time all I see on the BMAH are old T3 pieces and not-so-rare companion pets. Bombay cat for 10k? Elwynn Lamb for 10k?

I want to see more mounts personally; that's all I really care to buy from it.
11/05/2012 07:19 PMPosted by Lometos
A Gryphon goes just as fast as Ashes of Alar.
I dont get the point youre trying to make here.
Ive seen 2 raid mounts, and 1 heroic 90 piece of gear on the BMAH on my server, and quite honestly they are the only interesting items ive seen.

The other 95% is about what everyone else is saying. 600 level patterns, completely overpriced pets, and level 60 transmog gear. Always with the level 60 gear! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I bought T3 Shoulders for 100k, I think i overdid it , but if other T3 rogue shows up im for sure going to snag it. Also completing my Paladins T3 5/9 since Vanilla on him. PUT THEM IN THE BMAH SO I CAN SPEND GOLD!!!

btw ilu BMAH

No.

You do know people buy millions of gold every day for cash and then use it on the AH?

Why not cut out the gold farmers?

Stop you have no idea of the repercussions of what you are suggesting. If you did you would be laughing at your own stupidity.
I don't even look at that AH i'll never buy anything anyway so I don't give a damn about it

Actually you would be surprised at what WoW players could afford if they used RMAH vs gold only. :)