Why are dungeons so easy now?

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 12 Next
DERP op. They are easy because no-one wants to spent 90min wiping for a crumby 5man whenever they queue without guildies.

No more: "Ah f*ck deadmines". Good riddance.
11/06/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Equus
I just recently returned after a long hiatus and while I enjoy some of the changes I am rather disappointed with LFG dungeons.

Try Challenge mode. IT's not a time trial version of a Heroic run, it is a much much harder run than heroic. More estrategic and even the mobs hit you really hard.
Because, People not much unlike yourself, complained that dungeons were to hard in cata. So then we get ez mode dungeons.
Dungeons were never really hard. Even back in Cata when dungeons were supposed to be making a return to hardness they were being chain pulled and AOE'd down by good players.

Dungeons seemed harder in Vanilla because of a stat disparity, lots of useless skills and talents, and back then the game was still new so a lot of people had no idea what they were doing.
Challenge modes requires CC and coordination and whatnot...

Normal mode: Tank spank.
Heroic mode: Tank spank. Also stay out of fire- although that's usually optional.
Challenge mode: Remember BC dungeons? They're harder than that.

Really? Awesome! I remember then BC Heroics came out. Wow that was very nice and hard. With nice rewards tho, epic gear and gems. That was good old time.

If challenges are the same way than BC heroics, I'll be very happy to use finally my cc :D
11/06/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Rawbin
ease of the dungeons promotes this type of "casual bad" play style

Since when did a FANTASY based GAME have to have top notch players to have what the game was designed to give - fun.

You calling people bad is just well ignorant. You need to learn to enjoy the game for what it is.
You're on par with jackass tanks who don't watch the healer's mana and don't taunt off DPS who don't have an aggro dump. Maybe you should go "casually" DIAF. :)
The regulars are supposed to be easy.

The heroics had a brief "somewhat hard" moment, but that went away weeks ago as everyone outgeared them. Now you've got people in half lfr/rep epics just there for VP.

More like they were faceroll at 90 the first couple of weeks in leveling gear, now a bit more challenging with the sub 20k types that finally made it to 90, even though they have welfare holiday boss, Sha, lfr, and daily epics.

Well, spin it how you like - I'm simply pointing out that a lot of the people in /LFD now generally out-gear the instance.
Because I still have nightmares about trying to guide 4 PuGs through Corla. Stand in front of the beam IS THAT SO HARD?

I do miss how challenging the ZA/ZG dungeons were at the appropriate gear level. I didn't mind running each of them as many times as I did for valor, they were fun ^.^
I'm disappointed they're so easy.

Some of them have some fun mechanics but I don't think a heroic boss should just drop in under a minute.
I agree, the dungeons have gotten easier, I haven't played since BC. Started in Cata mostly. But even from what I did play before in WOTLK is different now. Challenge mode is more intense I would say. Once you hit like 450+ gear it's like a walk in the park. The hardest part is honestly the mobs in big groups but even that is easy. Challenge mode and scenarios. I love scenario's, just be sure to join with 3 people.
Challenge modes are the hard ones now. A blue post somewhere once said that they realized making normal/heroic instances hard was not a good idea with the LFD tool. putting 5 random players together in a difficult instance caused more issues than fixed. So they are easier now for random groups. Want a challenge, do challenge modes.
11/06/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Veidt
Dungeons have been this easy since WOTLK launch, nothing new really.

I played at WotLK launch, at no point did we have healers just go DPS because some fights didnt need a healer. These "heroics" are like WotLK normals in my opinion.

11/06/2012 11:33 AMPosted by Snowfox
The heroics had a brief "somewhat hard" moment, but that went away weeks ago as everyone outgeared them

I did them in greens and some of them felt easier than normals and this is coming from a healer who has to heal up players screw ups. And fights did not get so highly out geared so fast just in heroic gear alone back in WotLK. It is like we are wearing Ulduar gear in comparison.
11/06/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Flutterdash
dungeons are too easy, so you make your own entertainment. Like letting 3 people die then try to 2 man the boss.

i take someone who can q as healer but they dps and just pull like crazy
11/06/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Noctemtenchi
I did them in greens and some of them felt easier than normals and this is coming from a healer who has to heal up players screw ups. And fights did not get so highly out geared so fast just in heroic gear alone back in WotLK. It is like we are wearing Ulduar gear in comparison.

Good for you. You should try challenge modes.

Oh right, let me line up my schedule with my friends. Yeah not going to happen, along with still using the time I have in heroics to fill out my gear on this toon and another.
11/06/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Noctemtenchi

Oh right, let me line up my schedule with my friends. Yeah not going to happen, along with still using the time I have in heroics to fill out my gear on this toon and another.

heroics? get pvp gear and do lfr
Exactly, heroics are 435, a bit ago, they were almost hard when everyone had that gear, now my Druid in 470+ still runs them for VP and because RNG never gives me a trink. Heck, I am still usuailly middle DPS because of even higher geared people. With more and more players doing the same, you are pretty much being carried if you have 440ish gear or recently dinged.

Not to mention after a 15-30 min que, I'd rather not wipe once then have tank bail because of fail pug like in cata just because ppl don't know what cc means. And if it was remotely hard for us 470+ it'd be impossible for the 435s. (not that I wouldn't mind seein an Ultra difficulty, with even better gear, course that'd prob kill my que times again)
Yeah, challenge modes are strict. Haven't really done them much but I tried one and if you miss a beat youll go splat. Also because mobs did so much dmg I was also doing a ton because vengeance caps. I swear CC broke in seconds but it was a late night after a raid and I just wanted to see what they were about.