Inscribed Crane Staff - Are you kidding me

Professions
Post Limit:
Yeah, same thing happened to me... and from reading, a lot of people have had the same problem. This is a very poor way to set up the entire concept. I don't mind having the option, this was just practically designed to fool people.

And as for OP: don't let the folks bother you. You could post about how murder is a bad thing and five people would pop up calling you a moron for saying so on an online forum.
The funny thing is, if they keep the 20 daily items you required..whats the point of getting the rest of the mats back? They are near worthless. What a dumb idea. I like the idea of sending the staff to your alts, etc... but as for getting the mats back at the end, its just like ... why?
11/15/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Swarrzk
The funny thing is, if they keep the 20 daily items you required..whats the point of getting the rest of the mats back? They are near worthless. What a dumb idea. I like the idea of sending the staff to your alts, etc... but as for getting the mats back at the end, its just like ... why?

Umm because they are scrolls of wisdom that can be used for DMF cards/etc. Why wouldn't you want some back?
I dont think you get those back. If you did, why would everyone be crying about the quest?

I just assumed you get the rest of the mats back but you dont get the scrolls back. Out of the mats to make the staff those are about the only things worth anything.

I thought about making the staff myself, but the choice is basically "hmm, staff I will replace from raid finder OR make 20 DMC cards"
I dont think you get those back. If you did, why would everyone be crying about the quest?

I just assumed you get the rest of the mats back but you dont get the scrolls back. Out of the mats to make the staff those are about the only things worth anything.

I thought about making the staff myself, but the choice is basically "hmm, staff I will replace from raid finder OR make 20 DMC cards"

If you turn in the quest, I believe the only thing you get back is 10 of the 20 scrolls of wisdom used in the items creation. That way, it is not a complete loss once you replace the staff in raid finder.

However, given the costs to make the staff, I think the real benefit is the BoA nature of the item. You aren't making it for your scribe, you are making it for that alt you are or will level. But once again, once the staff has outlived its usefulness, you can turn it in and perhaps craft an off-hand or something.
Sure, its great that the option exists, its just very poorly implemented and many many people are having this same problem.
And I'm sure you walk on water Madison
11/12/2012 10:01 AMPosted by Ragnivald
I wish they did that with BS.

QFT. I'd take a "refund a mat" type item from any profession. Make it, use it, then when you're done, recycle.

Yes please.