Double Rep for second level 90

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
Yeah, I've pretty much decided I'm not doing dailies on any toons besides my DK, so this change does nothing for me.
As I have pointed out, for me anyway, it isn't so much about "OMG I have to do dailies!?"

It's about logging in, finding that I can do all my 'days' progression in 30 minutes, and finding myself with nothing else to do.

Raids are locked.
Professions are gated.
Valor is gated.
Dailies are capped.

So then I go and level my ALTS up, because I love alts, and as soon as I hit 90 with them I have to start all over again and it gets pretty old pretty fast.

4 level 90's and doing the same dailies 4 times a day? That is just too much even for a WoW addict like myself.

All in all it's about variety and progression and it doesn't feel like there is any. I know a lot of people say "Hey go do Achievements and run old instances." Well I didn't buy MoP to run old instances and not everyone is big on Achievements.

This change is very welcome but it coming with 5.1 just might be too late for me. Knowing how WoW is, i'll probably let the sub run out for a while and come back once there is lots of new content and the game isn't as gated so much. I want to feel like i'm progressing, I want to feel as if I am getting somewhere and it just doesn't feel that way right now.

I want to play 10 hours a day if I so choose t0, not be forced into 1-2 hours a day and told to wait until the next day. This should not be Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing.

Still love WoW though. :)

Raids are locked? You haven't even killed one boss in MSV.
As someone with every class at 85+ and a few multiples due to pre wotlk faction / server xfers. I'm totally ok not having all rewards accessible right away for alts. That said for those of us who have actually been grinding reps for achievements it would be nice if either they acted like meta achievements so I am not forced to regrind all mop factions to exalted (not that I'm even close to exalted on any of them) just because I choose to level my monk ( woo first new class in 3 years so I could see all the leveling changes done in cata ) vs leveling my 2004 launch day pally.
Is there some sort of new faction vendor that sells this rep item you purchase that can only be unlocked by RP walking around the edges of every zone on every continent?

Or can we actually just buy something for once without jumping through hoops
Is there some sort of new faction vendor that sells this rep item you purchase that can only be unlocked by RP walking around the edges of every zone on every continent?

Or can we actually just buy something for once without jumping through hoops

Quit being silly and actually contribute to the thread.
Will people who are awesome and already exalted with all the major pandaria factions get anything when this goes live?
What about just changing the exalted tabards to BOA that give the respectable rep, so for your first toon, you get to grind and complete all the quests and !@#$. then once ur exalted your options open up for your other toons
There is zero chance I will do it for any of my alts. Once is enough. At least the August Celestial dailies are not bad, even if they take a long time to Exalted.
5.1 can't come soon enough.
I love the idea of Reputation gains being changed in this way.
My only other concern is secondary professions. I haven't been so Inamored with them that I wanted to level them on my alts. So I have other toons across different accounts that I only leveled the secondary profs on one character and neglected them on the alts.

This is frustrating as some of those alts are at cata cap and have No skill in the secondary professions. That is alot of time wasted leveling those so that I can Play the dailies game with my alts in order to gear them.

I'm accually thinking of Deleting my alts do to this fact even my cata capped ones and only play the mains on each account. This isn't fair that I'm even considering this idea.

Please do something to help our alts level there Secondary Professions faster. As the Rep gains are wonderful but there only half the battle for us who Hate the Secondary Proffessions.
11/02/2012 09:01 PMPosted by Nimrathis
Yeah, I mean... I like this and I think it's great that they're doing it. But there is still no way on green Azeroth that I'm doing the daily grind again. I'm already sick to death of it on my main.
11/02/2012 01:39 PMPosted by Briox
Bag space is already at a premium
how many useless things do you have in your bags, rofl.
Just out of curiosity...

Those who are saying they want more options for rep grinding, such as tabards: would you be happy with such a tabard if it had been designed to give no more or less rep per day than the dailies?

So like, a tabard for the August Celestials would allow you to get 1,000 rep per day (before modifiers).
and what I take away form this thread is, no matter what you do with your game people will never be happy with what they've got
This is a garbage solution as it will only affect MOP factions.
11/02/2012 01:39 PMPosted by Briox
After testing this internally, we felt the "trigger" wasn't obvious enough so we decided to create an item that players can purchase which, when used, grants the user's account with the bonus.

More crap for my bags? Bag space is already at a premium... Are they at least BoA so we can put them in an alt who has at least SOME space in their inventory?

It'll most likely be an item that once used disappears from your inventory. From my understanding all you'll need is ONE bag slot.
As a matter of fact, now seems like a good time to follow-up with everyone with the latest information.

There's an item you can buy with a character that has reached (Revered, I think?) that will increase all reputation gains with your characters for the MoP factions, one for each faction.

Thank you for noting this, Malmström. In my original message, reaching Revered with any particular faction on Pandaria would have triggered double reputation for all characters on the Battle.net account with that same faction. After testing this internally, we felt the "trigger" wasn't obvious enough so we decided to create an item that players can purchase which, when used, grants the user's account with the bonus.

The changes to reputation gains are intended for Patch 5.1, but please do keep in mind that the patch is still in development. If there are any further changes, we'll let you know.

I discovered over time all i have to do is wait and stop paying blizzard to get gear, wait for the next expac and buy the gear from a vendor.
Just out of curiosity...

Those who are saying they want more options for rep grinding, such as tabards: would you be happy with such a tabard if it had been designed to give no more or less rep per day than the dailies?

So like, a tabard for the August Celestials would allow you to get 1,000 rep per day (before modifiers).

Not only should rep tabards be rep-capped at the amount of rep you could have gotten from dailies that day, I would even suggest that these tabards should turn off JP and VP gains while equipped in dungeons. That way players can't double-dip on dungeon grinding. We should have to choose between reputation gains and JP/VP gains. At least we would have a CHOICE. As it is, dailies are the only way to go.