Let’s Talk About Brawler’s Guild

General Discussion
Prev 1 35 36 37 44 Next
11/08/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Daxxarri
Invites to the Guild will (at least initially) only be available for purchase on the Black Market Auction House.

This pretty much encourages botting. Only those with over 1m gold will get the invite is basically what this means. And most, not all, MOST people with over 1m gold are botting on multiple accounts to generate high income.

I can see it now~

"Well, gotta generate 1m more gold so I can outbid everybody on the brawlers invite"
-opens bot-
MMORPGS are traditionally Meritocricies, meaning that those who have the skill get the rewards. those of us with a poorer lot than others in the real world truly enjoy the chance be something. even if it isn't real. now you want to take it from us. fine, i don't care. you already took my money for you buggy crap xpac. now you can make me feel bad for being poor in my fake life too

It is because it is a meritocracy that those with the greatest gold making ability are given the ability to enter the Brawler's Guild first.

I do not mean this in any negative manner.
I have looked into all the info about this. Sounds good looking forward to it Daxxarri!
It's a safe prediction that the 5.2 patch introduces a quest chain that you do to get into the Brawlers guild instead of the way they're doing. It's probably also going to come with a phased arena so it still works the same, but a bunch of instances of it.

This idea of invite only from certain people and everything would be great if we were a different community than what we are. Everyone knows the first people getting invites are people in someone's guild. And that's going to carry on for a while. We've never been a full server community, we've been a bunch of guilds on one server. The idea is going to bomb because of how limited access it has.

Getting into Brawler's guild is a popularity contest or for the rich. Blizzard is also a very stubborn company. We're not going to see any change before 5.1, but it's insanely likely that we're going to see one soon after that when they realize the players were right about why the idea just doesn't work in practice.
They just can't help themselves it seems. As much as they try not to, and they have been getting much better over the years, Blizz just can't help putting in content that most players will never see or have access to. Ah well. I'm just going to ignore this Brawler's Guild business completely. That way I don't have to feel bad about the fact that I'll never get in.
No one ever answered my question from awhile back which is: How much will the invite gonna cost?

I saw someone say 1K but judgeing how I see most of the bids on the BMAH start out at 10K can I assume its gonna be 10K an invite?
No one ever answered my question from awhile back which is: How much will the invite gonna cost?

I saw someone say 1K but judgeing how I see most of the bids on the BMAH start out at 10K can I assume its gonna be 10K an invite?

Depends how long it's been out.

Some of the more reasonable guesses I've seen are

1-2 Months: 30k and higher for invites
2-6 Months: 15k and higher
6+ Months: 5k and higher

Perhaps if the community takes a stand and refuses to pay for the invites that will change, but only time will tell.
1-2 Months: 30k and higher for invites
2-6 Months: 15k and higher
6+ Months: 5k and higher

That's, like, nothing. You can grind out 30k in a week, easy.
11/12/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Aldiara
This idea of invite only from certain people and everything would be great if we were a different community than what we are. Everyone knows the first people getting invites are people in someone's guild. And that's going to carry on for a while. We've never been a full server community, we've been a bunch of guilds on one server. The idea is going to bomb because of how limited access it has.

Part of it is also Blizzard's own attempt to sabotage it. They take popular, regularly asked for features and then begrudgingly adds them in a way that fills the letter of the request, but not the spirit of it. They did it with the request to be able to recustomise your character in game, then cited the barbarshop's failure as an excuse not to improve or build upon the basic ground work. Transmog is still welcome despite the limitations, but not "popular enough" to warrant revisiting it and making it more flexible (like they claimed they would 12 months ago).

I suspect the same thing is what is happening with the Brawler's Guild and the spectator mode. People didn't like "their" solo/semi-solo content so they're going to add in soloable content in as distasteful and unpopular a way possible as a thumb in the eye of those that would want it.
Was I supposed to be interested in this feature? Because I'm not, not in the least.

Daily BMAH invites: Starting bid 10,000g.
Player invites (AH): Market decided by likely capped at 10k.
So basically, your timing of getting into Brawler's Guild is determined by how closely you associate with the super rich who spend all their time in wow farming gold?

Completely underwhelmed.

How about this - you can discover an invitation when killing a rare mob? Or something else. Restricting a purportedly "social" feature via the ridiculous amount of cash people will spend is... yeah...
It is because it is a meritocracy that those with the greatest gold making ability are given the ability to enter the Brawler's Guild first.

I do not mean this in any negative manner.

The IKEA boys can have it.

There is absolutely no merit to consumerism. I say this with all the vitriol and loathing for what purchasing entry stands for.

"Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy !@#$ we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off." ~ Tyler Durden

This right here. Has anyone at Blizzactivison even WATCHED Fight Club? The idea of buying your way into it is completely bass ackwards. You guys clearly DO NOT understand the precepts underlying a "underground" social group dedicated to brawling.
11/13/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Wheeljack
Has anyone at Blizzactivison even WATCHED Fight Club? The idea of buying your way into it is completely bass ackwards. You guys clearly DO NOT understand the precepts underlying a "underground" social group dedicated to brawling.

I am beginning to agree.

You're not how much Gold you have in your bags.

on second thought.
That's why it cost you gold?
When Blizzard has to make a sticky topic on the forums to address negative outcry about a feature that itsnt implemented yet, thats a really bad sign.

Instance out the Brawler's Guild to hold a maximum of 20 people per instance, allowing people to watch still and drastically reduce queue times. This still creates a hang out spot that isn't in front of the AH. With queue times brought down this way, invitations no longer have to be camped out on the BMAH, and are now obtained through a questline starting in Org/Stormwind that requires to kill certain npc fighters out in the world before getting an official invitation. No more pissed off poor people, (like me) feature still says the same, and we dont end up unsubbing because you (Blizzard) have decided to make the only "fun" feature of 5.1 into a wait to get to try game that has us stay subscribed longer when it doesnt need to.

There's a specific, and realistic, way to change entry into the Brawler's Guild that doesnt piss everyone off. You can just mail the checks to my home, and mark them with cash.
I was looking forward to Brawlers Guild. However since you are making it only about money putting it on the Black Market AH, I doubt seriously it'll go for anything affordable to the majority of players. It will be limited to a clique of elitists that in no way represent the players that would be truly served by it.