Let’s Talk About Brawler’s Guild

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 44 Next
The first rule is not the only one you are breaking. One of the Fight Club feature was that money was not important. You are breaking that one too.

The frist particcipants in the Fights Club were poor people.

The first participants in the Brawlers guild will be the richest people in the game.

So my question is, Why did you decided to ignore one of the most important things of the Fight Club when you created the Brawlers guild?
I really like this idea and am excited to fight for an invitation. I love the idea of exclusive content that gradually opens over time and I think this is an interesting way to make it seem like an underground kind of thing(as is the goal).

People thinking that someone can max out bid all invites every day for a long period of time are just wrong and even if they can that's a ton of gold taken out of the economy. There are a fair amount of rich people I know in WoW. They wouldn't spend their money like that. Sure, some might, but they lose a ton of money that way and they have to fight with the other rich people to even win those invites.
So, what brawlers guild will essentially be, is a way for someone with a stupid amount of gold to purchase that first ticket, turn around and sell his invite for an even more ridiculous sum, and continue a chain of ticket selling. I love this game, and I rarely have anything to be negative about, but despite the fact that Blizzard has done a number of things to level out the economy and get rid of some players millions of gold, there are still folks who know how to play the auction house to maintain their wealth. Good on them I say! But, to make this fun new feature something you have to buy into? Not awesome. You guys have many great minds working for you. I expect you to come up with something that isn't stupid.
There's something kind of...uninspiring...about buying an invite to a secret underground battle guild from an auction house (even if it is a "Black Market").

Wouldn't it be more exciting to open your in-game mail one day and receive an invite at random?

As someone mentioned earlier in response to my original post, the proprietor of the Brawlers' Guild could include some nice RP flavor text in the correspondence to really underscore the honor of receiving an invite to such a hush-hush, exclusive club.
They may have the means to do it, but it won't make them profit, so why would they?

Why does that one guy on your server pay 15$ a month to constantly troll people...

Because

He

Can

Too many people do things for that reason and that reason alone.
Looks like you're the troll here, anyway no one is going to spend tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of gold just to troll people for a few days when after they run out of gold (pretty fats I might add) those same people that he trolled will get in anyways.
This has got to be one of the worst implementations of a feature in this game I can remember.

Talk about a letdown. Even if there wasn't an invite system (which is a horrible idea), the fact you have to sit and wait to do it is ridiculous.

Could have been great! I'll try it out in a year or two.
To be perfectly honest, gating this is the most ridiculous thing I've seen in 7 years of playing WoW.

Blizzard may not see this as a major patch feature.

But aside from some warlock-only stuff, a new Wrathion quest, and some more lore quests, this IS the patch.

That's like saying "Hey, we added a new 5 man dungeon." "Sorry, only 10 people a day per realm can enter, and you have to beat it on Challenge Mode to let others enter."

What I find hilarious is that other than making extra matches instanced (so you see one person, and everyone who queues after that is instanced), then when the non-instanced one is done, a new person pops into it, you decide to cut off everyone except the richest people in the game from it.

On top of all of this, you ignore the fact that aside from a few people, there has not been a single positive comment about this gating.

Way to listen to your subscribers.

And whether you want to admit it or not, there are guilds (especially on a populated server like mine) that would buy EVERY SINGLE INVITATION EVERY DAY.

Why? Because then they can get their guildies to do the Brawler's Guild, get the non bound invitations, and sell them for EVEN MORE THAN THEY PAID FOR ON THE BMAH. >_>
11/08/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Nicö
So, what brawlers guild will essentially be, is a way for someone with a stupid amount of gold to purchase that first ticket, turn around and sell his invite for an even more ridiculous sum

Gonna stop you right there. The invite becomes BoP as soon as you purchase it from the BMAH.
Hi there!

How many invitation will be available on the BMAH for the first time? More than 1 I hope?
Hi there!

How many invitation will be available on the BMAH for the first time? More than 1 I hope?

10 per day
Only being available on the BMAH pretty much ensures larger guilds and players that haven't worried about money for several expansions can not only win all of the invites, but they'd also likely sell the personal invites, which solves nothing.

Why not add the possibility of rares spawns dropping invites or some other farmable way of obtaining an invite for those of us who revel in solo PvE challenges that aren't sitting on mounds of gold? Or if they are on the BMAH, add a buyout feature with variable costs and spawn times so we have a chance.
So, to sum up, we’re trying to give the Brawler’s Guild a tight knit, underground kind of feel, and we expect the Guild on each realm to slowly grow to encompass more and more of the population over time. Because invites will be so limited, it’s likely that a lot of the players that join the Brawler’s Guild will have had some kind of interaction with one or more existing members before they ever step into the ring. ... We know you’ve got questions, so ask away, and we’ll try to clarify where things are hazy.

Might be a silly question, but I'd feel more silly if it turns out to be the case and I didn't ask:

Can I join the Brawlers guild without leaving my raiding guild? I'm assuming it's not a "guild" in the traditional since and therefore won't fall under the "1 guild at a time only" rule that applies to guild choice. Am I assuming correctly?
You guys do realize that the invites start at only 1k and there are 10 posted a day, right?

No?

Okay keep being mad then.

You do realize that none will be sold for less than 100k in the frist month, dont you?

And you do realize that in an unbalanced PVP server, one faction willprobably not have a chance to buy any even if they have the money, dont you?
11/08/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Coletta
So, what brawlers guild will essentially be, is a way for someone with a stupid amount of gold to purchase that first ticket, turn around and sell his invite for an even more ridiculous sum

Gonna stop you right there. The invite becomes BoP as soon as you purchase it from the BMAH.

That doesn't mean he can't make a ton of money from it. Once he gets the invite from the BMAH, he has an invite to give out. He can charge for that invite.
I still say drop the whole black market auction house idea and instead make it a sub zone that spawns additional copies of itself when the population in one gets higher than desired. Let people do the content that want to rather than gating it based on how much gold you have.

In my idea you would start with brawler's guild #1 and when it got to X people then brawler's guild #2 would spawn to let in the next X people, then brawler's guild #3, etc. When one of the subzones dropped under X people new people zoning in would fill back up the opened copies of the zone before popping new ones.

(Yes, I have played SWTOR which is why the concept of sharding out a zone sounds good to me.)
11/08/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Fuzztastic

That doesn't mean he can't make a ton of money from it. Once he gets the invite from the BMAH, he has an invite to give out. He can charge for that invite.

Except that nobody will buy from him for more than the BMAH prices, and those will only ever go down. It's a nearly guaranteed loss, financially. Maybe they'll recoup some of their ticket price to get in, but that's it.
Anyone remember the AQ era of one guild getting the ability to open the gates and holding it for ransom? I get this eerie feeling that the Brawlers Guild is gonna go in the same direction.
I think one of my major concerns isn't just the limited number, but more importantly the price tag. Someone mentioned 1k gp, is this true?