Cross-Realm Zones Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 218 219 220 226 Next
11/29/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Rollo
I never said free transfers wouldn't eliminate low-pop realms. They would eliminate the need for CRZ. Those who choose to remain on low-pop servers will be the ones who have to live with it. If they want to pay $15/month to be digital hermits, that's fine.

well it wasn't exactly made to fix low pop issues. it was made to make the world feel more populated. in that sense crz is a success. it feels alot better going out and questing in a zone. i'm currently lvling a warlock out in badlands and theres like 10 people in that area with the back drakes. but there are plenty of mobs to go around
CRZ is great just work out the bugs and we're good.
I agree with your points and well said. Your #5 has lead to 3 friend canceling their subscription. There are several of us in my office that play and a few months ago got 3 more to start playing. But since the implementation of CRZ they were pretty much unable to level do to packs of level 90's searching zones and killing opposite faction players on site, seen this on both my Horde and Alliance toons.

One of the fastest way to put an end to your customer growth through new subscriptions is to purposely put in place a mechanism like this that prevents them from leveling or enjoying the game.
Silly me, they normalized the times for world events.

Gone Fishin'!
11/29/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Ininjaplate
crz was meant to populate zones thats it.

You missed his point.

They(Blizzard) claimed that it was done because players complained that zones were dead. Then they backtracked on it a few times and came up with another excuse, but that's besides the point.

No one ever complained about dead zones. They complained about dead SERVERS. There's a difference. And that's what he's pointing out.

As for my personal experience? I see them in chat. That's it. I have yet to come across a single person in game in the zones I frequent while leveling, because they're dead. Still. Which is why I level in those zones.

11/29/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Ininjaplate
its a step in the right direction

No it isn't.

Actually merging all of these servers into one huge mega server.. now that's a step in the right direction if they're actually trying to fix population issues. Name issues? Incorporate a server name as a surname. Done. It also fixes the AH and guild issues in one swoop.
11/29/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Ininjaplate
well it wasn't exactly made to fix low pop issues. it was made to make the world feel more populated. in that sense crz is a success. it feels alot better going out and questing in a zone. i'm currently lvling a warlock out in badlands and theres like 10 people in that area with the back drakes. but there are plenty of mobs to go around

Gets pretty terrible in Outland during peak hours.

And I have yet to see this great influx in players in my preferred zones. Did a /who when I was in Feralas the other day. I was the only person from my realm in the zone... and there was no one in chat. I didn't see a single other player the entire time I was there.

/shrug
My issue with CRZ is it does nothing to help guilds in low pop servers recruit, some of these servers NEED to be merged for the health of guilds.
Yeah I don't get CRZ. I saw people but then again I saw more 90s ganking than anything while leveling this guy. Now I am out of the CRZ and getting killed by the large amount of horde on my server. No matter what I think Blizz needs to combine some servers cause if they want to encourage WPvP then we need some more allies on my server.
well it wasn't exactly made to fix low pop issues. it was made to make the world feel more populated.

So, CRZ was introduced to fix a supposed problem - low-pop zones and players being lonely - (which, if it really was a problem, is exacerbated by issues with the game design even with CRZ), while dancing around the actual problem - low-pop servers and the players stuck on them.

in that sense crz is a success.

There is no doubt there are more people in some zones, but it's quantity over quality.

it feels alot better going out and questing in a zone. i'm currently lvling a warlock out in badlands and theres like 10 people in that area with the back drakes. but there are plenty of mobs to go around

I don't think a higher number of concurrent users necessarily translates into better experience.
11/29/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Rollo
I don't think a higher number of concurrent users necessarily translates into better experience.

But good sir, how else will the degenerates blot out that GAUDY orange-red ground by the Dark Portal with a blanket of skeletons?
11/29/2012 11:29 AMPosted by Máteus

But good sir, how else will the degenerates blot out that GAUDY orange-red ground by the Dark Portal with a blanket of skeletons?

Gnomes, lots and lots of lvl 1 gnomes. Sacrifice them all before the dark god....err what were we talking about again?
11/29/2012 11:29 AMPosted by Máteus

I'm thinking some nice throw rugs.

There was a sale listed in The Shattrath Copper Saver and I am going to be all over that.
11/29/2012 11:41 AMPosted by Wexlur

I'm thinking some nice throw rugs.

There was a sale listed in The Shattrath Copper Saver and I am going to be all over that.

I love you guys. Just want to say that. :)
wow... you guys are still offering constructive feedback about this?
I've spent a lot of time on this thread. I've posted and I've read many of the post that others have written. Whether the post was pro CRZs or against them, I tried to put myself in other shoes and see their point of view. I'll be the first to admit that I'm am not effected by most CRZ issues. My realm only crosses with 4 other servers and I play mostly on a PvE server(all tough I have alts on a PvP server) But regardless I see the problems that CRZs has brought to this game and I only wonder if Blizz spends as much time on this topic and reading the post' as I do; and as many other players have done?

All these players voicing their concerns only shows their love for this game and how deeply they care for the direction in which the game is heading. At this point I'll be so bold as to say the players care more about this game than the developers. The devs have constantly ignored the problems they've caused with CRZs and the players; who have devoted years of subscription fees, purchasing perks from the blizzard store and offering ideas(some great and some not) all because they want WoW to be the best MMO on the market

I see lots of problems in starting zones concerning mobs and there are more level 90's farming low level mineral and herb nodes than there are low level players grinding their gathering profession. In my PvP server I get griefed quite a bit from players who don't have any purpose in my current zone other than to disrupt the leveling process of lower level players. I'm sick and tired of stopping to pick up my girlfriend every time I cross into a different zone.
I'm disheartened because I'm no longer able to hang out in Goldshire, due to the horrible lag and frame rate caused by the high amounts of players crowded together. No more dueling in Goldshire for me, it's impossible to play against players when they blink around the area in a strobe light type effect. I have better frame rate in Stormwind now, which is just plain sad.

The thing that irritates me most is the lag and hitching between zones.
I was on my PvP server, running to Goldshire from Valley of the Heroes. When I got to the end of the bridge and crossed into Elwyn Forest there was a few seconds of lag as always. When I finally phased into Elwyn I was dead. Apparently there was a large cross-realm raid group of horde on their way to attack Stormwind and they killed me before the zone was loaded on my screen. This is something that would not have happened before CRZs because I would have been able to see the raid group before I crossed zones.

In my opinion, all zones are now instances rather a small portion of a larger map. The seamless-ness of the World of Warcraft is gone just so the developers can make WoW seem more Massively Multi-player than it currently is.

CRZ's has provoked animosity between players. Interrupted the player leveling processes in multiple ways concerning profession grinding and questing interferences. It has not done anything to help/fix low population realms, other than creating the illusion of more players around which on the other hand has made high population servers over crowded. It has caused lagging, frame hitching, griefing, bugs and glitches of all sorts and most of all it is destroying my, and others love for this game.
Just wanted to thank you, blizzard, for the mid-air dismount when changing zones. I had a blast.

xoxo