Cross-Realm Zones Update

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 223 224 225 226 Next
11/30/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Krayth
Im beginning to wonder if they have lost their collective minds.

A lot of the decisions being made right now are conflict with each other and it's starting to show.

I'm wondering if there isn't some sort of office politics or infighting or something that's making all of these frustrations come to light.

Whatever the reason, the players are getting the short end of the stick.
I'm randomly getting booted off my own mount from the phasing now.

I am entirely sick of CRZ at this point.

I can't use my multi-player mounts, nor can my friends.

I'm sick of there being swarms of players from 5 realms on just one trying to snag the same rare mini pet spawns.

I'm sick of the people I usually run into from these other realms, one realm in particular seem to be home to the most rude & obnoxious players I've ever ad the displeasure of being around.

I LOVE cross realm grouping & meeting up with my friends in the world. That is amazing for me.

The rest of it? I hate it. Immensely.

It's not filling the world up, everywhere is still barren wasteland, I only ever see people right at pet spawning points.
11/30/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Judgernaught
I hope your happy with yourself Blizzard.

This is another thing that's pushing me away in this expansion.

The encouragement for 'World PvP' has it's place, and I understand the need for PvP; I even engage in it from time to time in places like Tol Barad. But those are more like friendly sporting matches: everyone operates under the same rules and there's a time limit.

But this new vision of CRZ combined with WPvP has my teeth on edge, and the griefers are actually swapping tips on how to flag the unsuspecting and the unwilling. With no consequences for griefing and ganking, my free time is now better spent on other games with other people.

I can only speak for myself, but I had my fill of 'World PvP' in places like Iraq and Afghanistan.
Update:

Brawler's Guild just got the number of servers reduced for CRZ and the queue times are down to 10-20 minutes.

Also, this little gem:

I don't like the change... the whole 4people doing it on my realm ruin the whole fun about it. I liked watching people.. and the wait coming up to myself getting the que and going in the pit. Sure the hour waits where kind of annoying, but bringing it down to me and one other person doing it is silly....

-1 To Blizzard for listening to the complainers!

I get the perspective, but it's not looking at the big picture of what CRZ is doing, either mechanically or socially.
Also from the Brawler's Guild thread, just a few minutes ago, after they toned down the CRZ to reduce queue times -

Ah yea, there are a few non b-hoofers around here now too... and yea, my wait is about 10-15 minutes and it's much nicer. People are actually helping each other with strat and stuff too, which was unheard of before they nerfed the CRZ. Thank you Blizz!! :)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7253855866?page=19

(edit to highlight part of the quote)
11/30/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Taralin
Also from the Brawler's Guild thread, just a few minutes ago, after they toned down the CRZ to reduce queue times

Yes! Outstanding customer service. Its great to see that Blizzard can hear their customer's concerns and react to them.

If only dissatisfaction with CRZ in general could garner more than 20 pages of complaints like the brawler's guild thread..........
I'm randomly getting booted off my own mount from the phasing now.

I am entirely sick of CRZ at this point.

I can't use my multi-player mounts, nor can my friends.

I'm sick of there being swarms of players from 5 realms on just one trying to snag the same rare mini pet spawns.

I'm sick of the people I usually run into from these other realms, one realm in particular seem to be home to the most rude & obnoxious players I've ever ad the displeasure of being around.

I LOVE cross realm grouping & meeting up with my friends in the world. That is amazing for me.

The rest of it? I hate it. Immensely.

It's not filling the world up, everywhere is still barren wasteland, I only ever see people right at pet spawning points.

Well said KC.
To cap off last night's dailies, one of the Horde NPCs I had to kill greeted me with a line like "Alliance scum! Prepare to die, <insert class name here>!"

War is hell.

And MoP is The Fifth Ring of that Copy-Paste Hell.
I logged out after 30-minutes of attempting to complete 4-quests in The Hinterlands, with my warlock.

There were many people everywhere, tagging mobs and running after quest nodes; all from other realms. I attempted to compete with them, but eventually gave up out of frustration.

I have to be competitive and cut-throat at my place of work to stay employed. It is troublesome to note, that CRZ is causing me to have the same mentality to play a game.

I was quite content pre-CRZ to solo quest as I pleased, and join RDF when I wanted to group up. Now I am at the point, of contemplating whether to end my WoW subscription as long as CRZ is in place.

My 2-cents.
To cap off last night's dailies, one of the Horde NPCs I had to kill greeted me with a line like "Alliance scum! Prepare to die, <insert class name here>!"

War is hell.

And MoP is The Fifth Ring of that Copy-Paste Hell.

I was wonderinga bout that. Saw that and was like 0-o.

Another level of hell btw is having a guild of jackwagons kite any of the three rares they don't get untill they reset.

MoP has introduced all new forms of hell for us folks to enjoy.

As an aside I finally saw that bright blue wall of light that was talked of earlier in the thread. Odd that it took being on a horde toon to see finaly. /shrug
11/30/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Chorigos
As an aside I finally saw that bright blue wall of light that was talked of earlier in the thread. Odd that it took being on a horde toon to see finaly. /shrug

Yeah, that and a couple of other graphical rave-shows were what triggered a cluster headache for me.

Not pleasant in the slightest.
I'm starting to wonder if they're just holding out to see how it pans out for the next half a year.

From my perspective (having done a decent amount of questing/farming since CRZ came out), they'll see large amounts of people in starting zones... and then watch it fall drastically as soon as people can bg/dungeon their way out.

What bothers me is the notion that they'll try to use CRZ as a selling point- 'look at how many people are in the zones!' It's like having three McDonalds, but shutting down two and forcing the customers to visit the third one, and then trying to use the increased traffic to 'prove' that McDonalds business is growing, when in fact it's the same amount of people, just in a smaller space.

Yeah, that and a couple of other graphical rave-shows were what triggered a cluster headache for me.

Not pleasant in the slightest.

It kinda caught me off guard. I'd never seen it on any of my Alliance toons before. I wonder if its because on boats your phased differently than zepplins? /shrug

11/30/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Kimjongheal
What bothers me is the notion that they'll try to use CRZ as a selling point- 'look at how many people are in the zones!' It's like having three McDonalds, but shutting down two and forcing the customers to visit the third one, and then trying to use the increased traffic to 'prove' that McDonalds business is growing, when in fact it's the same amount of people, just in a smaller space.

The problem isn't that its in a smaller space per se, its that they actualy left the other two McDonalds locations open. They're still making burgers and fries and you can drive by and look in but once you enter the door your suddenly in a completely different one.

Perfect example of this is minfernals or scourged whelplings being viewed from a FP and upon landing they all vanish.
The problem isn't that its in a smaller space per se, its that they actualy left the other two McDonalds locations open. They're still making burgers and fries and you can drive by and look in but once you enter the door your suddenly in a completely different one.

Perfect example of this is minfernals or scourged whelplings being viewed from a FP and upon landing they all vanish.

Please don't remind me, I've completely given up any hope of killing Northrend and Outland rares because of this. I lucked out with the Restless Shadeling after have to wait almost a week because CRZ kept borking the midnight reset for me, I don't expect any more luck after that.