Cross-Realm Zones Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 226 Next
10/30/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Rygarius
Despite a few lingering technical issues, we’re happy with how CRZ is populating the leveling areas with other players, and helping to once again foster MMO social experiences in the 1-85 content.

Make questing more challenging if you want to accomplish this..or at the very least design them so that they encourage cooperative play rather than having to compete for drops/mobs...

Then CRZ might make sense.
CRZ isnt' a problem for me, but thats because I hate questing. After level 15 its a dungeon crawl to 85.

Wish Blizzard was spending there time on something other than CRZ.
I have yet to experience the technical issues with CRZ (mostly because I don't have a 2 person mount)

I'm not a fan of the gankfest that some zones have turned into, but I dealt with it (and I never intend to level another toon bucause it was awful)

My big complaint that I don't see anyone talking to is that farming low level mats (herbs) is a nightmare... As a level 90 with fast flying it took me 2 hours to level northrend herbing because of all the CRZ farmers
Will there be changes to 1-85 content that requires grouping to complete? What advantage does CRZ truly offer the player?

Seeing more people.

That's really it.

Oh and saving Blizzard money.

Starting typing up a letter to them though. Formal request to start enforcing their in game code of conduct.
and helping to once again foster MMO social experiences in the 1-85 content

Why would people want to group when they are punished for it? You get less XP in a group and it takes longer to complete quests because many quest objectives aren't shared.

If you really wanted to foster the MMO social experience, you would put back in challenging 1-85 content that required multiple people to complete (elites or other things that would overwhelm a single player) and then tie all the good quest rewards to grouping.

Instead you don't actually want to improve the leveling experience and are leaving CRZ exactly the way it is.
10/30/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Bezlok
Like, I dunno, lots of people don't like it, don't want it and never did.

Most people like it or don't care about it. If you look at all the CRZ whine threads it's just the same 12-15 people posting over and over and over again.

No, it isn't.
Highly Rated
Despite a few lingering technical issues, we’re happy with how CRZ is populating the leveling areas with other players, and helping to once again foster MMO social experiences in the 1-85 content.

Please do not consider my presence in level 1-85 zones to be in any way a sign that I support CRZ. I'm there to level my pets. I don't group with anyone, I don't talk to anyone, and I usually cover the chat window so I don't have to see the inane chatter from attention seekers playing on other realms. I dislike the stutter-step when I cross a zone boundary, and I say Very Bad Words every time the sun suddenly teleports above or below the horizon.

Back in the days when most zones had elite mobs that required a group to kill, I would have supported CRZ, in spite of its flaws. But now I think it's more of a solution in search of a problem.
I implore you to fix the bugs quickly. GC even tweeted that most of the known issues are solved, so I'm glad to hear you're at least aware of the problems.

Would it be possible to get even a rough ETA on some of these issues?

and

More details about changing the time zones on a "fundamental" level?

That said, I am enjoying CRZ on my alts and the experience is much better than when the feature first launched.
10/30/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Fairadey
Waits for the small but vocal army that will claim there is no CRZ feedback ever because it's feedback they don't appreciate.

There is absolutely no real feedback in the OP. It is simply a PR post saying "we're still here". But in truth they have addressed none of player concerns nor given us any timeline when things will be fixed. They only thing they've said is they want to improve the leveling experience, but fly right in the face of doing so by continuing with CRZ the way it is implemented.
10/30/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Omegal
Other issues are taxis showing your home realm phase any time you're on them, even if current CRZ is one that's not home realm. This leads to seeing things that wont' be there when taxi lands. While on a taxi in a zone you should still be moved into correct CRZ phase before hitting ground.

This is quite possibly the single worst issue I see ( apart from the client freezing between zones). I got around most of the stupidity by playing on a US server from New Zealand. There are the same few people out and about just about every day of the week as my play time starts from midnight server time.

Apart from that, people are still missing the fundamental issue with PvP servers and it's one that existed before CRZ was launched. It simply more visible now. Exponential stat growth killed WPvP and simply turned it into an unskilled gankfest perpetrated by horrible people*

*Note: seeing as no one really knows anyone else here we're forced to judge a persons entire life by the way they act in-game.

Of hating all other players and realizing that Hell is other people.

If the quests were designed such that you could work collaboratively regardless of being in the same group for the sake of the "tag" the MMO leveling experience would be much better and then the only competition comes into play over resource nodes rather than every item in the game.
Shows just where the priorities are.

And yet, Rygarius just said they're working on the "quirks." I think I still retain enough faith in the company to wager that he's not lying through his teeth.

Errors for something this complex takes time to fix and imploment correctly. While it is annoying to me, I know they will at some point cease to be an issue, so I will give them some slack to work on it. It's no reason to want it removed entirely.

Want a perfect example of why Cross realms is an abysmal failure - just check out Minfernal's spawn point or any rare pet you guys have failed to address.

Just look at rare spawn mobs in the world that are now almost impossible to get now.

Just look at the lack of resources. Check especially Outlands - that got hit the worst with CRZ especially in terms of resources.

Just look at the massive amounts of ganking lowbies have to endure now. They are better off now leveling in dungeons exclusively and avoiding your "precious" cross realm world.

Every single point you made could occur had they merged realms instead. It happens on every realm, you're just seeing it more because there are now... more people. Whodathunk?
Fix the mounting issue and CRZ will be the best system in the game yet.

Thanks for the update.
If you want lots of people in leveling zones then design quests around having lots of people in leveling zones.
Just to recap, cross-realm zones are meant to improve the leveling experience by increasing the amount of people in the same zone together

Sorry but CRZ does not improve the leveling experience, it actually makes it worst, due to how quest monster tagging works, if you want to improve the leveling with CRZ please make it so multiple people can tag the same monster even when they are not in a group, this will really improve the social part of the game, right now if someone tags a monster you were going to kill you will just move to the next one, extremely annoying when several people are doing quests that require you to kill x monster or pickup Y thing from x monster.

Allowing multiple people will improve the social aspect of the game and really improve the leveling experience, since people will be willing to assist you, so they get credit too.

If the quests were designed such that you could work collaboratively regardless of being in the same group for the sake of the "tag" the MMO leveling experience would be much better and then the only competition comes into play over resource nodes rather than every item in the game.

Even that could be fixed by making all nodes phased so you only see your own nodes, like archeology zones.