Paladin's get CC'd for Days

Paladin
Who else agree's with me on this?

Resto Druids + Boomkin and Feral
Have multiple ways of dodging CC and also living through damage in stuns. Displacer Beast, Cyclone, disorenting shout, sprint, stampeding roar, and typhoon are abilitys druids can use to counter CC or completely dodge it all together. Being able to barkskin in a stun helps them survive swaps easier.

Resto Shaman's
They have grounding totem, windshear (ranged interupt) and tremor totem to prevent CC's, they also have Nature's guardian every 30 seconds to help prevent death.

Mistweaver Monk's...
Where do I begin? I don't know much about healing monks, but what i do know is they're unkillable if they get stunned. immune to everything for what.. 3 seconds? They also have multiple cc's as well as the spinning kick to dodge CC and or position up well to CC.

Windwalker Monk's
I can't go into detail on because i truly don't know anything about them other than touch of karma.

Now for Paladins. Lets start with

Holy Paladin's
Holy has the ability to get a sprint, which yes it's nice. It however can be dispelled. Fail #1, paladins have a bubble. One of the best OOH SH!T abilitys in the game, except you can have that shattering thrown and mass dispelled and almost not even get the full use of it. Holy Paladins have almost nothing to do to dodge CC. Sac is nice for polymorphs, but any good mage will spell steal that. Other than sac and bubble, paladins sit in CC for DAYS.

Ret Paladin's
Just eat CC for days more than holy, because they have to be out in the open and are so susceptible to CC. Stunned for 4, then feared for 8 then polyd for 8. Theres just not much a ret can do to stop that CC. DK's atleast have grip, rogues have shadowstep, warriors have charge, shamans and a ranged interupt. DK's even have the ability to sit in a presence t reduce the time they are CC'd by 20% on top of IBF AMS(every 45) and lichborne.

What i'm trying to get at is that paladins need a way to get out of CC or have more abilitys to prevent them from being CC'd.

I know a couple things that could be implemented right away.

1) Divine Protection be able to be used the same way Barksin is used now. While CC'd.
2) Bring back freedom breaking stuns. Put it on the same tier as clemency remove unbreakble spirit and add in freedom breaking stuns
3) Give rets some sort of fear breaking ability or have a talent or ability that reduces fear durations.
Couple of things.

1. Hand of Sacrifice.
2. PvP trinket or Human racial.
3. Divine Shield.
4. Apostrophe's! See what I did there?
you didn't mention paladin's have rebuke.

Also ret's can use Hand of Sacrifice as its for all paladin's.

syayne he didn't mention trinket/human racial because he is getting at all the actual class abilities.

also HoJ/FoJ or even repentance and be used to counter CC and taunting a frost mage pet is fun as when he poly's you if the pets still fixated on you it will break you out.

HoF to get make us immune to slows and roots and with clemency that can chain into a nice duration when needed.

i agree with the fear stuff tho ... so many fears atm it not funny >.<

how can holy sprint? would like to know. (im ignoring the talent if that's what you are meaning as its a talent and obtainable in all specs)
I do think we deserve a fear break. If your tunneling on anything and there's spreist or a lock near by you can find yourself fear locked. Feared trinket stunned feared again have fun. Heck even fighting a warrior I find I need to trinket there shock waves they put so much pressure only to have no strong option if feared off my partner to break it and get back in the fight. Even flavor wise as the fore front class representing the fight against death itself aka the lich king we should have some sort of fear break.

you can't hand of sac yourself so why is that being used as an example for cc break? Even if you could you take the damage it reduced so... it would do nothing math wise. I mean we can provide hand of protection as a cc break for our team, so great for our non pally partners.
hand of sac is useful in party environments but outside a group yea it has no use.

i also don't see a problem with giving HoF stun removal again (shadow fury from locks is 30 seconds and warriors can shockwave every 20)

maybe have it go with clemency "if HoF is cast on a already freedomed target it will break fear/stun effects and become un-dispellable for 8 seconds aslong as the previous HoF has more than 4 seconds remaining" basically use both your HoF charges for a stronger HoF that will break the fear/stun and be un-dispellable,
still have to wait 20-50 seconds before have both HoF back that way

or something with 1 of the other talents
Why are you putting apostrophes in completely random places?
" is quotation mark.
was using it as a way to display the example. if that's what you were getting at Elidra.
How many days?

Also ret's can use Hand of Sacrifice as its for all paladin's.

Of course it's really only useful vs. Polymorph, Repentance, and maybe a couple of pet-CCs because they're the only things that have cast times and break on 'any damage'. Sac is next to useless vs Fear (or even Hex) because the break threshold is so high at the moment. Also, using it as a CC break means losing it as a tool to save your partners.
Stoicism:

2minute CD

no mana cost

Ret/prot

You negate the next fear used upon you within the next six seconds.

Not sure if this is all that necessary or not but I just thought it up while reading, would be nice to have.
That would be nice for arena. For BGs there's a good chance you'd just hit it on CD and pray it catches something. Also, that's a long CD for something like that - compare with the Priest spell Fear Ward, even in its unglyphed version. Also, consider Tremor Totem - 1 minute cooldown, 6s duration, catches everything during that duration, is AoE, and castable during the fear.
11/11/2012 01:14 AMPosted by Aleytys
That would be nice for arena. For BGs there's a good chance you'd just hit it on CD and pray it catches something. Also, that's a long CD for something like that - compare with the Priest spell Fear Ward, even in its unglyphed version. Also, consider Tremor Totem - 1 minute cooldown, 6s duration, catches everything during that duration, is AoE, and castable during the fear.
True, I just felt it would have been best to start off on the conservative side, maybe work it out from there.
Right, it's not good enough that you can pop all CDs, INCLUDING Divine Shield, STILL do enough burst to kill either a warlock or a priest. You need a fear break on top of it.

Lol.
How utterly unreasonably reasonable of you!
Stoicism:

2minute CD

no mana cost

Ret/prot

You negate the next fear used upon you within the next six seconds.

Not sure if this is all that necessary or not but I just thought it up while reading, would be nice to have.

I'd rather have an ability that breaks fears so that the next one is DR'd and not so bad.

Fear is our worst nightmare. Especially ret's. We're out in the open and just eat way too much CC.
bump.
Right, it's not good enough that you can pop all CDs, INCLUDING Divine Shield, STILL do enough burst to kill either a warlock or a priest. You need a fear break on top of it.

Lol.

jk dark regen + pet sac.
11/12/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Martymcfly
jk dark regen + pet sac.

jk warrior blanket silence on a 15s cooldown + shockwave. dead in the DR'd stun. All melee have a way to break fear on top of the trinket. If anything, those ways should be removed. Either that or all casters should randomly get a button that makes them immune to stuns (jk, only mages have one).

Point is, pally burst is already insane enough to kill any fear capable class without having an additional fear break. You have a guardian that CANNOT be CC'd for crying out loud. Many times I feared a paladin with full cooldowns up only to die to his guardian anyway.
Couple of things.

1. Hand of Sacrifice.
2. PvP trinket or Human racial.
3. Divine Shield.
4. Apostrophe's! See what I did there?

Is rude to random posters

Wonders why he can't get a sticky.
I'd rather have an ability that breaks fears so that the next one is DR'd and not so bad.

Fear is our worst nightmare. Especially ret's. We're out in the open and just eat way too much CC.

Roll with a shaman. Tremor totem is clutch for rets being feared.