[A] <Sentinel> Still Holding the Line

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 3 4 5 25 Next
ima miss my guild so hard...in the face
We're going to miss you too, May. The guild won't be the same without you.
Good knight bump.
12/01/2012 08:56 AMPosted by Maysha
ima miss my guild so hard...in the face

Best of luck to you May.
Hello! *wave*

I'm actually a bit nervous to be posting; I stared a good five minutes at the screen before deciding to type, so I apologize if anything looks awkwardly phrased.

I recently made Slywin because I was curious about the Alliance side of roleplay and although
I've been mainly focused on leveling (Armory hasn't updated yet, unfortunately) I've been pleased from what I've seen so far.

My lore is somewhat rusty via Night Elves but I'll remedy that with some reading when I get back from work (and catch a nap) later tomorrow. If you're willing to put up with me still coping a feel for her (I'm working on her background and such; don't want anything set in stone just in case it's lore-breaking), I'd love to drop one of you a whisper.

I need to catch some sleep but when I have the time, I'll check out some of your things. :)

- Slywin Nightfury
Hello! *wave*

I'm actually a bit nervous to be posting; I stared a good five minutes at the screen before deciding to type, so I apologize if anything looks awkwardly phrased.

I recently made Slywin because I was curious about the Alliance side of roleplay and although
I've been mainly focused on leveling (Armory hasn't updated yet, unfortunately) I've been pleased from what I've seen so far.

My lore is somewhat rusty via Night Elves but I'll remedy that with some reading when I get back from work (and catch a nap) later tomorrow. If you're willing to put up with me still coping a feel for her (I'm working on her background and such; don't want anything set in stone just in case it's lore-breaking), I'd love to drop one of you a whisper.

I need to catch some sleep but when I have the time, I'll check out some of your things. :)

- Slywin Nightfury

While most of the members are probably not on and being a Former member I can tell you that if you are looking for roleplaying as a Sentinel then this is the place for you (Silverwing Sentinels is too but you posted here and I'm being alittle bias. Sorry Silverwing! Don't shoot me!). The members here are very friendly and very savy in lore and are always ready to help someone at any time.
Thanks for the the reply, Moonknyght! Seeing as I have an odd sleeping schedule, I posted this pretty late, a bit before I decided going to bed. (And only now doing so~)

I don't expect an immediate response but one that's at least this week would be great, haha.

And yes, I'm interested in learning how to RP a Sentinel very much! Rather excited too. I can only hope that I'll improve from my fumbling attempts with some time!
Thanks for the the reply, Moonknyght! Seeing as I have an odd sleeping schedule, I posted this pretty late, a bit before I decided going to bed. (And only now doing so~)

I don't expect an immediate response but one that's at least this week would be great, haha.

And yes, I'm interested in learning how to RP a Sentinel very much! Rather excited too. I can only hope that I'll improve from my fumbling attempts with some time!

Well these guys... gals... Sentinels, are a really good bunch of folk and there are online guides that KINDA help give you an idea on what direction to go on. I know the leadership here and I know they are full of knowledge and will help in anyway to make your character and future roleplays fun!
Hello! *wave*

- Slywin Nightfury

Ishnu'ala, Slywin Nightfury. *bows*

We are pleased to make your acquaintance. If you are interested in experiencing roleplay Alliance side, and would like to RP as a Night Elf, we would be pleased to have you. As I'm sure you've read, we are a med/heavy military style guild.

We will be more than happy to help you with learning Kaldorei lore, as well as how to roleplay as a Night Elf if you wish. On our website, x.co/sentinel, there are some links that you might find useful pertaining to Night Elf RP, Darnassian Language, ect. There is also information threads in our forums containing Azeroth history, timelines, and more.

If you would like to speak with one of us in-game, you may contact either myself (GM), or one of our officers: Adellwyna, Arejanna, or Rayndris.

If you decide that you would like to join <Sentinel> we ask that you submit an application on our website for approval.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Ande'thoras'ethil

- Ellesta Dwin'anea
I'm in a similar boat to Slywin sort of. I recently came over from another server. The one I was part of (Since roughly launch) had sort of...Died of in terms of the Roleplay community. This wasn't anything new, it had started dieing out around the end of BC but...Ah, as much as I enjoy being cramped into varieing boss fights with several people I don't know only to die for hours on end, raiding wasn't something big on my list. However it had become sort of the only option. What I wanted was(and still is) to Roleplay.

In swapping over I also put myself into a character revision and am left with a rather large issue. I have no idea how a Sentinel would or should behave. Even when it was more prevalent back home, most of my Roleplaying experience came in the form of heavily scripted player stories (a few of my own as well). And while an Individual's story can be it's own thing (working as an Alliance mercenary/hero/diplomat/whatever the heroes call themselves) being a member of a Military group is something I'd not really gotten much practice at doing. I'm very interested in this, particularly the Sentinels. The problem I hit back there was...Well correct me if I'm wrong but the Sentinels are Women. The previous iteration of this character was a male. While that makes for a story of its own, a lot of what would be (and was) less than satisfactory for a Male Night Elf's personal progression weighed heavily on him. However a Female night elf wouldn't of had quite as many issues, they're the backbone of the Military the primary leaders ect.ect. even if I left the back story exactly as it was it would add up to a far more successful and less exhausted character to roleplay as. In fact in changing that aspect it sort of...changed the whole deal at least mentally. When I considered what sort of changes it would bring it resulted in a character for more pleasant to play. What I'd had before wound up being a deeply tragic (to the point of Absurdity) character, and while such a character can make for an interesting story they aren't often enjoyable to Role-play as or with (in my experience at least).

Tl:DR, I would like to Roleplay as a Sentinel. I have knowledge on playing a Night Elf but also some rather specific questions. Can I get help?
Friendly bump!

Finally submitted my application after several hours of fiddling around and rereading lore a billion times. ;u;
Ishnu'ala Sisters,

I am requesting an audience with you to discuss ceremonial matters concerning the Resistance. If at all possible I would like to speak with you soon.

*salutes*

Huntress Faenissa Ravenoak
12/03/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Treiliarch
Tl:DR, I would like to Roleplay as a Sentinel. I have knowledge on playing a Night Elf but also some rather specific questions. Can I get help?

We would be happy to help you and answer any questions you might have. For fastest response, please feel free to contact any of our guild officers in game (myself, Ellesta, Arejanna, or Rayndris). Otherwise we can assist you here as well.

Friendly bump!

Finally submitted my application after several hours of fiddling around and rereading lore a billion times. ;u;

Welcome to the guild, Slywin!
Bump
Morning bump!
Bump for a fantastic guild!
Sexy ladies.
12/09/2012 02:06 PMPosted by Skoggus
Sexy ladies.

Darn right!
Hello! *wave*

- Slywin Nightfury

Dear sister elf,

Welcome to the meat grinder

Should you be killed by any means

Please deposit all remains to the death knight named

Sir Kimerian Shiverwind

Yours truly,

Definitely not Kimerian
Ana'doreini talah