Oceanic servers, the lost cause.....

Oceanic General Discussion
BTW ... any chance of getting Blizz to set up an Oceanic Server you think??
there were talks abt it in a few gaming magazines that i read, from stationing in Singapore to Sydney but apparently the topic died a natural death
11/11/2012 05:31 PMPosted by Aislinge
Again, my point stands. 10 pages of innumerable threads in the Oceanic forums and not a single Blue. THIS is why Oceanic doesn't get nice things....

Seriously? Have you ever bothered to read the US based forums, maybe go look at the EURO forums, this is nothing, take right now for example, the Scheduled Realm Maintenance has been extended for 2 hours, and within 1 hour there are over 400 posts, people whinging cause they cant play wow, things nice you say....?

11/11/2012 05:31 PMPosted by Aislinge
Firstly, I wouldn't CoLo with Internode even if they paid me - so Kudos to Blizzard for rejecting that reject offer and secondly, you all still don't get it. Why throw money away at a problem that doesn't exist?

Just because you had a bad experience with an employer, doesn't mean they are not capable of running it, I too was with internode for many years untill i moved to an area where they could supply me with a connection, but due to the changes to wholesale pricefrom good old telstra, can only offer me limited GB for a massive amount of money, Internode address problems very quickly, oh and no over seas call centers, where you cant understand a word their saying!!
Again, my point stands. 10 pages of innumerable threads in the Oceanic forums and not a single Blue. THIS is why Oceanic doesn't get nice things....

Seriously? Have you ever bothered to read the US based forums, maybe go look at the EURO forums, this is nothing, take right now for example, the Scheduled Realm Maintenance has been extended for 2 hours, and within 1 hour there are over 400 posts, people whinging cause they cant play wow, things nice you say....?

Firstly, I wouldn't CoLo with Internode even if they paid me - so Kudos to Blizzard for rejecting that reject offer and secondly, you all still don't get it. Why throw money away at a problem that doesn't exist?

Just because you had a bad experience with an employer, doesn't mean they are not capable of running it, I too was with internode for many years untill i moved to an area where they could supply me with a connection, but due to the changes to wholesale pricefrom good old telstra, can only offer me limited GB for a massive amount of money, Internode address problems very quickly, oh and no over seas call centers, where you cant understand a word their saying!!

Firstly - all games require maintenance. Do you play GW2 by chance? They don't have scheduled maintenance at all - they go down anywhere from 60 mins to hours at random, without warning. Be careful what you wish for.

Secondly - don't assume my perception of Internode's ability to deal with huge CoLo's is based off of some grudge. It's based off of running the damn CoLo and seeing the workplace practices. And I've dealt with a few more larger scale enterprise networks since. A little more insightful that your knowledge of their ability because you called them a few times about a low level internet connection. I don't view them through rose coloured fanboi glasses. You just don't understand and I don't expect you to. You believe that because you're a gamer, you're a member of some nerd sub-culture, that makes you educated. But you're not.

I'm not coming back to this. Not unless you get yourselves a nice thick Dummies Guide to NOCs...
costs alot: agreed
however id hope a data center would work towards an investment for future blizzard titles...

sure would have been nice to have the infrastructure in place back when wow was truly booming Vanilla\BC. Id think that all the oceanic players that have quit over the past 6 years+ might have made enough room to allow real AUS\NZ D3 servers to fit in the same data centers (at relatively low cost). Just because its past tense doesn't mean it couldn't work the same for future titles.

personally I've near given up all hope of a successful oceanic server. As seen with the SC2 servers - seemed like little to NO thought went into the placement of that data center.. "okay guys we will put a data center closer to them, however we will over look the tiny matter that they need to connect to the US before reaching said server O.O"

The real reason for them not giving us oceanic servers is probably international laws \ loss of full control.
SWTOR has 3 servers based in Sydney. It's obviously not impossible and quite do-able.

And there's probably more people playing WoW on Oceanic servers than the entirety of SWTOR.

Anyone who thinks that Blizzard, who has at least 6,000,000 people paying $15 every 30 days, CANNOT afford to invest in Oceanic servers in Oceania is lying to themselves.

They could do it. They choose not to.
The point is, we pay just as much as anybody else to play the game, yet receive a lesser experience. How is this fair. I feel like punching my screen every time I see the "Target too far away" when I'm right on the bloody player...

Please Blizzard, give us servers.

I love all the talk of money in these threads. There is no way this is about money, Blizzard choose not to give Australia servers which is complete bull!@#$. If they do run 10 servers or whatever, they don't have to run an 11th, they still run 10 but have on based in Australia. Another this is, I have 11 characters on Frostmourne, If real Australian servers were implemented, I would transfer EVERY SINGLE character over, that's $275 from me alone, I would bet that most people from Australia would at least transfer one character over, Blizzard would not lose out on this.

Please give us some competition, this is crap.
I hope some day, Australia/NZ/some country in the south pacific creates and establishes a popular MMORPG, and refuses to set up servers anywhere near the U.S.
And when thousands apon thousands of threads are created by butthurt angry Americans on their latency issue, they don't get so much as an official response.

Point being, regardless of whether or not anyone thinks this is an issue worth resolving, It's just plain rude to not give an official statement as to why. Personally, I'd accept whatever reason they have behind failing to implement servers, as long as their honest.

I'm not going to rage quit, but the second a decent mmorpg comes out with Australian servers (NOT swtor), I'm gone.
11/25/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Xanthion
I'm just amused by the guy who supposedly hates these kinds of threads yet keeps posting in them.

I post to keep the dream alive :)

11/05/2012 05:42 AMPosted by Scyllaìr
I think blizzard made it clear a long time ago they just dont care about us period. We make up such a small pop of everything. Its kind of like this whole being on the UN.. oh yea watch out, our tiny army is going to hurt someone

Don't embarrass yourself by talking about Australia within the UN or our military because clearly you misunderstand both.

Also Oceanic servers are just a pipe dream now since the entire wow population is diminishing, I think the only time it was seriously considered was in BC when there was a massive influx and server queue times were massive at AU peak hours.

11/05/2012 03:09 PMPosted by Bruteoz
From what i understand the oceanic region is one of the fastest growing economic regions in the world, and it would be to a companies advantage to invest down here.

Australia is not part of that growth, and Blizz have servers in those areas (Korea, China and possibly others I do not know where all the servers are located)