Sick of Blizz Lies about hearing feedback

General Discussion
Prev 1 24 25 26 65 Next
Everything they say is B*llsh*t!..
People wonder why we had so little blue activity in Wrath/Cata. It's because of oversensitive word twisting idiots. They appreciate feedback, even negative feedback, but stop bashing the blues because you took something the wrong way and want to QQ about it because you're the world's biggest internet crybaby.
11/13/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Tovi
Those polls only used a few thousand people...

It's true that the forum population represents a relatively small chunk of the overall player base. It's also true that the kind of player that's apt to post on the forums doesn't necessarily represent all of the vast and incredibly diverse World of Warcraft community, but that doesn't mean that the feedback here isn't useful. We do realize that forum goers are often our most invested, passionate players. We appreciate you guys, and what you have to say matters.

That said, election polls and the forums are different in several key ways. Among them--and I don't want to get into how statistics works in detail (especially since I'm not an expert)--but I do know that the forums are what is called a 'self selecting sample', and that trying to derive representative statistics from such a sampling is an excellent way to get skewed results.
11/13/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Tinymanz
In the current climate how did this thread not get instantly locked or deleted?

Every now and then something has to succeed. It's how evolution works.

Except in Kansas.
Blizzard doesn't make a change you want them to make: "Blizzard never listens to its players!"

Blizzard makes a change you don't want them to make: "Blizzard caves in to the QQers!"
11/13/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Aleros
They appreciate feedback, even negative feedback

I am ABSOLUTELY calling B.S. on this one. All the threads that have been deleted due to negative feedback say hello.
11/13/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Daxxarri
and what you have to say matters

Would like to see some examples of when what we have said matters. The only one I can think of is when you guys tried to remove the "The Exalted" title for 40 exalted reps. Other than that, I see posts on here all the time with massive amounts of people vehemently disagreeing with what you guys are going to do or have done, and to no avail.

Case in point: The current Darkmoon trinkets on the way to getting the nerfbat.
n is gained by alternate characters on an account.

When something you feel strongly about hasn't been changed, that doesn't mean that we've dismissed feedback. In fact, sometimes we really like a suggestion, but implementing it doesn't quite fit into the schedule yet, or there are technical or design reasons why it doesn't fit into the game yet. Sometimes, we want to wait til we can implement a more elegant solution. And, of course, sometimes we simply disagree that a particular change is the right course for the game. Nonetheless, in none of these cases is feedback dismissed - it was still taken into account during the decision making process.

I agree witht this, even though I have no real voice here, since I'm 3 months old and most of you, guys, have been around since the game started, I assume.

There's no way Blizz can make all your wishes come true and the best and most mature thing to do is just deal with it and keep playing till you die. Unless it is a very dangerous bug or glitch, I think you have nothing to complain.

Grump,Grumpitygrump.
11/13/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Those polls only used a few thousand people...

It's true that the forum population represents a relatively small chunk of the overall player base. It's also true that the kind of player that's apt to post on the forums doesn't necessarily represent all of the vast and incredibly diverse World of Warcraft community, but that doesn't mean that the feedback here isn't useful. We do realize that forum goers are often our most invested, passionate players. We appreciate you guys, and what you have to say matters.

Really?! It matter, eh? Ok good to know you can reply to this post, but what about the whole controversy in the shaman forums?!? I'm pretty sure we have been constantly asking that you guys stop pushing us in the dirt and freaking listen to us! what do you do? "no response, oh and btw here's a nerf coming to make sure you enjoy the dirt some more. matter of fact, this is the new holocaust, goodbye shamans." bullcrap man, practice what you preach.
11/13/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Erras
The fact that Cata was the way it was proves they listened to us. And it ended up being terrible (for a lot of people, at least). I've come to realize that the less they listen to us, the better the game will be.

^^This so much this.
And now, we have an example within THIS VERY THREAD:

Also, the OP pointed out you guys say stuff that isn't even true and back it up like it is.

because there was no other way to obtain those particular power increases no matter what else you did in the game

You could level Inscription for the shoulder enchant. But I guess in your book "no other way to obtain those power increases" doesn't include, you know, an alternative way to attaining those power increases.

6 hours ago

This is hardly "proof." He made an oversight. He probably forgot about the inscription enchants. However, the head enchants were still the ONLY OPTION for that slot (unless you want to try and argue the ZG head enchants of old or Leatherworking armor kits, which weren't really an option anyways due to their severe lack of power compared to reputation head enchants). Someone making a mistake or an oversight isn't lying, sorry.
11/13/2012 04:22 PMPosted by Maxaurelius
and what you have to say matters

Would like to see some examples of when what we have said matters. The only one I can think of is when you guys tried to remove the "The Exalted" title for 40 exalted reps. Other than that, I see posts on here all the time with massive amounts of people vehemently disagreeing with what you guys are going to do or have done, and to no avail.

You want the truth? No, what you so doesn't really matter. I don't care what any Blizzard employee says.

This is the primary reason why: just because you have an opinion doesn't mean that it should be put in place. Blizzard still owns this game, and frankly, their employees have opinions about what they think is best. They are most of the time going to go with what they think is best, because that's what they deem "right". Their "right" and your "right" won't always be the same, but that doesn't make them wrong.
11/13/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Maxaurelius
They appreciate feedback, even negative feedback

I am ABSOLUTELY calling B.S. on this one. All the threads that have been deleted due to negative feedback say hello.

There is a difference in negative feedback talking about bugs and a wrong approach and "F U BLIZZARD! SUCK MY ORANGES YOU WORTHLESS PIECES OF CRAP" Mind you I'm using mild words that aren't offensive, but when you can replace all those words with random obscenities that make a sailor look mild and tame.. You deserve your thread deleted as that is NOT negative feedback in a helpful way.
There is a difference in negative feedback talking about bugs and a wrong approach and "F U BLIZZARD! SUCK MY ORANGES YOU WORTHLESS PIECES OF CRAP" Mind you I'm using mild words that aren't offensive, but when you can replace all those words with random obscenities that make a sailor look mild and tame.. You deserve your thread deleted as that is NOT negative feedback in a helpful way.

Also, many of the deleted threads are duplicates of threads that have already been created, which is a violation of forum CoC.
11/13/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Fanahlia

You want the truth? No, what you so doesn't really matter. I don't care what any Blizzard employee says.

This is the primary reason why: just because you have an opinion doesn't mean that it should be put in place. Blizzard still owns this game, and frankly, their employees have opinions about what they think is best. They are most of the time going to go with what they think is best, because that's what they deem "right". Their "right" and your "right" won't always be the same, but that doesn't make them wrong.

So no examples...got it...thank you fanboy (or girl). I appreciate the old fallback of "dis iz blizzurds game, blah blah blah"