Sick of Blizz Lies about hearing feedback

General Discussion
Prev 1 25 26 27 65 Next
I came back for MoP and I am thoroughly enjoying the content. In fact this is my favourite raid content since Ulduar.

VP gear being locked behind ridiculous rep grinds via dailies seems to the only serious misstep of this expansion.

The community has been quite vocal, and there have been a number of really well thought out posts detailing why (as well as plethora of whine posts). It is a forced grind & is excessive. The argument that we don't have to do it, & can miss out on the gear is a poor argument, shouldn't you be asking yourself "how do we make this fun"? I love my Tiller & Angler dailies, I force myself to do the rest & I wouldn't even do that if it wasn't for the 5.1 upgrades which make it even more of an issue than "initial expac gearing".
11/13/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Llyss

I am ABSOLUTELY calling B.S. on this one. All the threads that have been deleted due to negative feedback say hello.

There is a difference in negative feedback talking about bugs and a wrong approach and "F U BLIZZARD! SUCK MY ORANGES YOU WORTHLESS PIECES OF CRAP" Mind you I'm using mild words that aren't offensive, but when you can replace all those words with random obscenities that make a sailor look mild and tame.. You deserve your thread deleted as that is NOT negative feedback in a helpful way.

By no means do they all contain profanity and insults.
11/13/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Maxaurelius
So no examples...got it...thank you fanboy (or girl). I appreciate the old fallback of "dis iz blizzurds game, blah blah blah"

Ok, how about Transmogrification as someone stated earlier in the thread? People for years were wanting a way to change the look of their gear to older sets, matching sets. Well, it took them a while (in part b/c they wanted to do it a certain way), but hey look at this fancy feature we got last expansion! Or how about adding a mount reward for 150 mounts? That's coming in 5.1. If you want more examples, do a little research yourself before you completely dismiss other examples, or tell people they're 'fanbois' for expressing their opinion.
11/13/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Maxaurelius
So no examples...got it...thank you fanboy (or girl). I appreciate the old fallback of "dis iz blizzurds game, blah blah blah"
It's hard for me to give examples because you want technical examples and frankly, I don't have such examples because the finer details of PVE and PVP balance aren't something I am concerned about in this game.

The examples I can give are the numerous features that Blizzard has added because of community demand. But I imagine you'd dismiss that stuff.

Also, the "fanboy" attack wasn't needed. It certainly did more to discredit you than it did to help.
Flying mounts
Flying mounts in Azeroth
A way to group efficiently
A way for non-raiders to see the raid content
A way to look the way you want rather than whatever the best stats show
No more attunement quests (bring back as optional for titles, please)
Heroic keys on lower reputation levels
UI fixes
Class changes
Arena for small group vs group pvp
Tol'Barad and Wintergrasp might become playable at 90 (request for them as BGs)
New character models (in the works)
Removing raid group required for old raids
Account wide mounts
AoE looting

Yeah, they totally lie about listening to feedback.
Flying mounts
Flying mounts in Azeroth
A way to group efficiently
A way for non-raiders to see the raid content
A way to look the way you want rather than whatever the best stats show
No more attunement quests (bring back as optional for titles, please)
Heroic keys on lower reputation levels
UI fixes
Class changes
Arena for small group vs group pvp
Tol'Barad and Wintergrasp might become playable at 90 (request for them as BGs)
New character models (in the works)
Removing raid group required for old raids
Account wide mounts

Yeah, they totally lie about listening to feedback.

Thanks, Faroth. I'd imagine there's hundreds of other changes we take for granted as well.
No, the enchantments are not more important than the gear, but they do complement all the gear you'll ever get over the course of that expansion (which is what made those reps essential). In Cataclysm, and previously, you had to have those item enhancements because they would apply over any gear you ever got.

Were the enchants mandatory in Cata...yes. However, after you did the rep grind on your main, the enchants were BoA so your main could buy them for all your alts. Unlike now where the simple act of gearing with points we already earn from completing separate content, such as dungeons and raids, is additionally gated behind multiple faction grinds. To make it worse, every single alt must grind each faction, accelerated or not, to also use their points that they earn in alternative content.

The rep gear should not require any points and the point gear should not require any rep. It's a dumb system and doesn't promote what you think it does in terms of giving players choice. If you wanted to rep grind factions to exalted for your purples, you got to buy them with gold. If you'd rather do dungeon content, you had to earn points to spend. This is called a choice. Asking players to do both for gear that will be borderline useless in the near future is not fun.

I understand one of your main goals in this expansion was to get people out into the world, rather than sitting in town and queueing up for dungeons, but you don't achieve that with an endless parade of daily quests. I have two level 90's at the moment and working on my third and I can't stomach the level 90 content any more. I'm by no means a hardcore individual and rarely ran dailies multiple days in a row and I'm already sick of them. The thought of the next tier adding even more dailies to the grind inches my mouse closer to the cancel button.

This is all just my personal opinion.
11/13/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Snow

Sure, you could skip dailies completely -- and you'd be left with exactly what to do ingame?

There's no depth to this expansion at all. It's dailies or nothing.
Raid with guild, do lfr, dungeons, scenarios, pet battles, arena, random battlegrounds, rated battlegrounds, world pvp, fish, farm for something, level an alt, or run old content for xmog. I apologize if i left anything out.

edit - Thanks Tinymanz
challenge modes and achievements

So you think there's more than a month's worth of content in all that? (to warrant a subscription).

I don't. I had the top pet army on my server for a while until I found it boring. In the top guild. Have 3 90s. A couple 88s.

Heroic dungeons aren't Heroic. They're just normal level 90 gearing up dungeons. Why would I run those when I'm in Heroic raid content?

Scenarios have a lot of potential. Unfortunately, I can't play potential. And the current implementation and lack of reward makes them pretty crap right now.

RBGs and Raiding are on a set schedule.

So... You expect me to Fish.

Yeah. That's what I bought the game for. Epic fishing.

Icecrown alone had more depth of content than all of MoP put together. And that was in a "terrible" expansion. If it isn't clear to you we got stuck with 2nd string Dev team that doesn't know what they're doing, I dunno what to tell you.

WoW doesn't feel like WoW. It feels like SWTOR.

Even at the end of Cata there was stuff I hadn't done that I wanted to do. We're a month in and I'm over it.

I'd love to PVP, but between the Bot infestation and the grossly unbalanced classes, PVP is in a horrendous state. (And I say this with my Mage being pretty damn decked in gear).

So when I say there is a serious lack of content, you should believe me. I've done it.

TAKE NOTE: Vanilla it took me a month to hit level 60 and I considered that pretty fast. It took me ~20hours to hit 85-90. And then consume most of the content of the expansion within the first month.

Yes. The game keeps getting smaller. If you took away the increased level cap (and the anemic leveling experience required to hit that cap) then MoP would be a decent content patch, but not an expansion.
11/13/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Phuse
Were the enchants mandatory in Cata...yes. However, after you did the rep grind on your main, the enchants were BoA so your main could buy them for all your alts.

If I remember correctly, this was actually a change put in after the launch of Cata (as a result of feedback!), which would also discredit the OP's claims that Blizzard doesn't listen to feedback. (Correct me if I'm wrong on this point, my memory is not the best.)
11/13/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Phuse
Were the enchants mandatory in Cata...yes. However, after you did the rep grind on your main, the enchants were BoA so your main could buy them for all your alts.

No they weren't. Not in Cata, not at the start of Wrath.
Later in Wrath, the shoulder ones were, but only the shoulder ones.
I just wish you guys actually gave us a reason to DO heroics once you have gear. The old system did that. The new one doesn't. Even if you don't want to tie the idea of rep back into it, doing something like "15-20 lesser charms of fortune" for completing a random heroic would very easily do it.
Lol complaining to blizz is like praying. You can do it all you wont but ultimately wont make a difference.
Wasn't there a country song several years ago?....

"Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers!"

If Blizz caved to ever demand represented in the forums, you'd have a game that would be completely unplayable, self-conflicting, and downright confusing.

Steve Jobs himself stated "people don't know what they want until you show it to them".
11/13/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Chiethree
doing something like "15-20 lesser charms of fortune" for completing a random heroic would very easily do it.

I really like this idea. Not set on the number of charms rewarded, but rewarding charms for completing random heroics seems like very good incentive for continuing to do them. It also means if you're hellbent on making sure you farmed enough charms every week to complete the quest for elder charms, you would have options on how to go about it.
The current dailies might feel that mandatory to some particularly progression focused players, but it is entirely possible to skip them, and the gear they provide, pretty much entirely and still arrive at the same level of character potency.

No, no you're not able to skip the dailies. Wanna know why?

Let's say I want the Shado-pan helm item for my Death Knight. Let's say I get him to 90 today. Let's say that, once hitting 90, I begin to work on Shado-Pan rep and I am happy to do so because I really want the helm transmog on my Death Knight, because trust me, I do indeed like dailies. Just not so much this time.

Now, with my hypothetical miraculous 90 Death Knight in 1 day, tell me how long it takes me to get the transmog helm on my death knight when I in this hypothetical exclusively do only Shado-pan dailies and Shado-pan dailies only.
11/13/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Librily
TL;TR: Very tired of being mislead and lied to by this gaming company.

I'm guessing you're not a PvP'er are you?
11/13/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Chiethree
I just wish you guys actually gave us a reason to DO heroics once you have gear. The old system did that. The new one doesn't. Even if you don't want to tie the idea of rep back into it, doing something like "15-20 lesser charms of fortune" for completing a random heroic would very easily do it.

How did it give you a reason vs now? You wore a tabard for five hours, maxed a reputation.. put on another tabard. Once you hit rep cap and had gear, all you ever ran it for was VP cap. You can still run for VP. Nothing has changed save you can't sit on your !@# in Org and spam queues while calling people scrubs in trade chat.
In Wotlk, the enchants did not START out as BoA. I'm aware of this. In Cata, the helm enchants were BoA but the shoulder enchants from Therazane are not.
Just after reviewing some of the messages in this thread, by both the users and the blue posts, has made wonder what Blizzard is doing behind the scenes as an action plan for improving the customer experience. In my line of work, I understand the changes we, users, want either put back in place or removed from existence are not going to happen over night. That would be ridiculous to expect that, we all should be a bit more patient.

But they, Blizzard, should be aware of the customer erosion rate that is exponentially growing.

Also, I'd have to agree that the misread tongue-in-cheek comment by Dax was rude, but definitely unintentionally so. In Dax's defense, sarcasm doesn't really transcribe well.

Blizzard, I'd be a lot less upset if when Tuesday's resets go over the "expected" offline time, we could receive at least $2 off my recurring service fee for the next month due to the lack of service or something fancy like an "I'm sorry we couldn't get any realms back online in a reasonable amount of time, here's a new <Enter the Name of a Super Cool Looking I'll Never Forget to Get a Realm Back Online> Purple Elephant Mount", or something. No biggie, but just a suggestion since supposedly y'all are listening to our feedback.

Good times.