Sick of Blizz Lies about hearing feedback

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 39 40 41 65 Next
11/14/2012 10:10 PMPosted by Librily

Ok, this is misleading & borderline false. We aren't talking the "best" recipes. The difference in MoP is that for some professions, ANY worthwhile pattern is locked behind rep grinds. Example: Tailoring. While leveling 85 to 90, you can learn level 85 gear & level 90 pvp gear. That's it. No pve gear that you would want to wear at 90 until you get rep. That is not the same as previous expansions. Sure, the high level epics were based upon drops & rep, but there were entry level epics that were available without being locked behind a gate.

Also, don't forget bags.

Many people are screaming for larger bags, and it would have been nice to have even had a windwool bag. But, no . . .

The single new bag pattern requires exalted with . . . august celestials!!!!!!

As someone who does dailies almost every day, I can tell you from experience (and its true right now for me) that you will probably have ALL the other factions reped to exalted before you actually become exalted with the auguest celestials. and then it requires 12 silk!!!

That's why you see such high prices for these bags, the tailors doing them have basically finally finished the worst rep grind currently available in Pandaria (Nat Pagle aside).

I finally saw one of those bags on my servers AH a week back or so, going for 30kg. Couldnt believe it since if this character had the pattern I could make a few, looked it up. Then it dawned on me. And I also noted this character, clearly a tailorer, would never get that pattern EVER and none of my characters will ever get that bag either. Take it abit for that bag to come down.
Once upon a time, the priest spell Fear Ward was only available for Dwarf Priests. After Vanilla, there was a massive outcry from all Priests!

Priests = "We want Fear Ward too! It's not fair that just Dwarves have access to this powerful spell!"
Blizzard(listens to feedback) = "OK! we'll give all priests Fear Ward!"

Blizzard Announcement = "Here's your new and updated Fear Ward spell for all priests!" <insert new and improved Fear Ward spell that in actuality became a water-downed, nerfed version of the original spell>

Priests = "WTF Blizzard... this isn't what we wanted! It's useless now!"

This is a common trend I see posted a lot.

It's like people ask Blizz for sneakers, and they bring them back doc martins.

You are left going "um, this isn't quite like a meant"

Like a genie that grants your wish, but in such a manner that end up wishing you never even got it in the first place.

Yeah, and right here is the problem.

This is a video game, not a vending machine. :P
This is a common trend I see posted a lot.

It's like people ask Blizz for sneakers, and they bring them back doc martins.

You are left going "um, this isn't quite like a meant"

Like a genie that grants your wish, but in such a manner that end up wishing you never even got it in the first place.

Anyone else read that old short story The Monkey's Paw?

It's a really good metaphor for giving us CRZ when some complained about low population realms.

Sory, I don't want your zombified attempt to populate my world, without actually populating it meaninfully. And, oh, yeah, the zombies you populated it with are hungry, and I have bacon shorts on.
I think Bliz hear the feedback from the minors.

For example, only a few of us loves dailies, but Bliz forced the remaining players to do dailies.

Many of us want to have rep tabard back, but Bliz refused to give us back.

Most of us wanted Bliz to look into the LFR loot system, but Bliz refused to do so.
I have been following it, but not posting in this one.

Dailies suck and CRZ sucks. If they don't do something soon, I will be gone. I have no urge to log in really. I gave up GM of my guild and I am leveling a Horde while I await a fix.

My leveling is standing in Org and waiting for dungeons.

So much for being forced out in the world.
Its funny how I wanted a Panda for a pet but Blizzard telling me "No" many years ago its funny how they manage to put a Panda's in the game.

For example, only a few of us loves dailies, but Bliz forced the remaining players to do dailies.

Many of us want to have rep tabard back, but Bliz refused to give us back.

Most of us wanted Bliz to look into the LFR loot system, but Bliz refused to do so.
And the response? Silly "gotcha" comments from Blizzard supporters about "dailies not being required" with some nodding from the blues. Oh yeah, that definitely makes feedback seem worthwhile. Again, I don't think the feedback is useless or not being taken into account in some fashion.

Doesn't matter how you try to word it in your defense, you STILL don't have to do dailies. Look at the rewards--they are really not all that amazing. You can get plenty of gear that's usable in raiding from heroics. If you don't like the other stuff, simply DON'T grind rep with that faction. It's not gonna be gamebreaking if you don't and you're not gonna die.

Seems like the only thing people complain about are that they feel like either they are forced to do dailies or the dailies are just not fun enough to do. Stop doing dailies if you hate them so much.
11/15/2012 08:09 AMPosted by Azlanmarie
Seems like the only thing people complain about are that they feel like either they are forced to do dailies or the dailies are just not fun enough to do. Stop doing dailies if you hate them so much.

Or give us a choice. How does us having a tabard effect your dailies?

A. Lessens the load in daily areas
B. Keeps players in dungeons until the end.
I will ask this again:

The forums are a minority, yet, in all my time playing, I have never seen a survey, email, questionnaire, or any other form of communication that Blizzard alludes to in regards to the 90% that we don't see.

Whenever there are issues, we are always directed to the forums. If we have feedback, we are directed to the forums. When we are finally answered, we are told that we are the vocal minority and that we really don't matter. Alright, I can deal with that. Point me to where the other 90% of the player base, the vocal majority, express feedback. I would rather use that medium.

Thanks.
The very reason why I am counting my days. I have actually been thinking about canceling my sub for a while now.

2 reasons why

Pvp balance: Warriors are way over the top and blizz does .0002% of the needed changes.

Points(valor/conquest etc): For instance lets increase conquest points for random battelgrounds. A bg requires much more time to complete so should yield more points.

Oh, one more thing. I have been wondering if forums are kind of like the last door of wow as a person finally decides to throw in the towel. I find myself spending more and more time on these forums to be heard and understood and to try to make any sense out of why many needed changes are not being made(All the ones right in front of your face), and nothing changes.

Guys don't you get it. Get it through your thick heads! This isn't your game. It's Blizzard's. Don't pay for it any more if you don't like it because they are not going to change anything for the majority. It's for some reason, favoring a small percentage of the player base and obviously not the player base that comes to these forums.
The OP has a point.. They did specifically say that they felt it was too much for players to feel that they had to grind reputations for head and shoulder enchants and then they turn around and put the enchants for other slots behind reputations.

Blizzard does do a lot of backtracking when it comes to stuff like this, and they have for as long as I can remember. The problem is that after several years of it, it's like a pile of !@#$ in the middle of the barn.

Not the same thing. All slots have enchants available beyond the rep ones. If you WANT the rep ones, you do what you need to to get it. If your guild requires you to have it, or your playstyle requires it, go for it. Blizz addressed the concern that they stated, not the one that everyone who disagrees with what they did ascribes to them.

Regarding backtracking. . . do you really think that the feedback is perfect and that the game, or anything in life for that matter, really will be static; static in the face of continually responding to diverse feedback from paying members? Feedback from different players can be mutually exclusive or even contradictory. Quite frankly, some of it is terrible.

Things are tried and then fixed when possible. Not really a turd in the middle of the room. Its more like cleaning up the turd that people thought would be a good idea.
11/14/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Sherbear
You can't get into LFR unless you have the ilvl. you can't get teh ilvl unless you get lucky in MV and Sha OR YOU DO DAILIES.

This is blatantly false.

Anyone that has been 90 for weeks on end now has already...
Run heroic dungeons for gear.
Run Sha for the boots... no excuse to not have these.
Quested on their way to 90 and become honored with Klaxxi and Shado Pan opening up valor pieces.
Crafted and/or purchased gear and valor pieces.
Slayed the Holiday bosses for the ring and trinket.

That's a hell of a lot of gear for never having to do one single daily quest and shockingly... it most certainly will enable you to enter LFR or MV for that matter. Even if you missed out on the holiday bosses, you'd still have the gear to get into LFR.

Read it again smart guy. Toon has been 90 for 2 weeks. Check the Armoury if you like. Have a couple of items from MV and the Sha boots. Completed the quests for Kalaxxi and Shadow-pan whilst leveling and have not hit honoured with either. Even were I to make or buy the crafted gloves and get the cloak to 463 I would still not have ilvl to get into HoF LFR. Now it's not like its BC and I'm wanting to jump straight nto BT. This is the first tier of raiding. Unless I do dailies or hope for drops I will not have the ilvl to get in.

As a mog geek I have to ensure I do as many runs on the instance as I can to try and complete a set. Having already had no luck this week in MV I am having to do the dailies (which I have already done on another toon) just so I give myself the best chance of completing the set. All that goes back to the fact that not only do top end raiders feel they have to do dailies. Even scrubs like me feel they are forced into them.
11/13/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Daxxarri
Not really. They're different things. The enchantments were absolutely, without-question mandatory, because there was no other way to obtain those particular power increases no matter what else you did in the game.

Where are my head tinkers for me and my friends? :(

/sad_engineer

11/13/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Pengalor
Well, that's kind of the point. If it's going to affect raiders then why not just keep it raid/dungeon related?

I applaud to you ...and i'm not being sarcastic.
11/14/2012 05:04 PMPosted by Prozioc
You can't get into LFR unless you have the ilvl. you can't get teh ilvl unless you get lucky in MV and Sha OR YOU DO DAILIES.

Or you could also purchase or craft your own 476 epics. Oh, and there is PvP gear available that is the same ilvl as the top tier of LFR gear that is now perfectly acceptable. Also, the holiday bosses, as was mentioned, dropped perfectly fine 470 items that you could've farmed.

Once again someone who chose one post and didn't bother even clicking my armomury.

1. 90 2 weeks.
2. Doing Sha since 88. 3 weeks.
3. Got ring from horse man wasn't at level to do Direbrew.
4. Crafted chest peice already and I have explained the math but just for you even with the gloves I will be 40 ilvl short of HoF LFR.
5. PvP for gear. Well the blue PvP stuff is lower ilvl than what I have and conquest cap means I might be able to get one item there this week. Still wouldn't push me over 470. Add to that saying people should do Arena to PvE is more retarded than saying they should do dailies.

I actually don't agree completly with the OP. I do think Bliz listen to feed back. Just get annoyed with them posting that you don't need to do dailies. Sure I don't need to do dailies if I am happy to accept an increased chance of not completeing my set. I'm not happy to accept that so I have to do dailies. Once again its not only top end raiders who feel they are forced into dailies by the current system. It's top end raiders all the way down to scrubs like me.
11/15/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Abluething

Or you could also purchase or craft your own 476 epics. Oh, and there is PvP gear available that is the same ilvl as the top tier of LFR gear that is now perfectly acceptable. Also, the holiday bosses, as was mentioned, dropped perfectly fine 470 items that you could've farmed.

Once again someone who chose one post and didn't bother even clicking my armomury.

1. 90 2 weeks.
2. Doing Sha since 88. 3 weeks.
3. Got ring from horse man wasn't at level to do Direbrew.
4. Crafted chest peice already and I have explained the math but just for you even with the gloves I will be 40 ilvl short of HoF LFR.
5. PvP for gear. Well the blue PvP stuff is lower ilvl than what I have and conquest cap means I might be able to get one item there this week. Still wouldn't push me over 470. Add to that saying people should do Arena to PvE is more retarded than saying they should do dailies.

I actually don't agree completly with the OP. I do think Bliz listen to feed back. Just get annoyed with them posting that you don't need to do dailies. Sure I don't need to do dailies if I am happy to accept an increased chance of not completeing my set. I'm not happy to accept that so I have to do dailies. Once again its not only top end raiders who feel they are forced into dailies by the current system. It's top end raiders all the way down to scrubs like me.

You might want to check again, you ARE honored with The Klaxxi...don't tell people to check your armory and that they're wrong about the necessity of dailies to get there until you have the facts yourself.

On another note, I too haven't done squat for dailies (The Tillers excepted)...I don't have any gear that was gated behind dailies, because the gear I have came from questing the regular zone quests for rep, drops, etc. And guess what? I'm not crying because I can't get into HoF...I know that had I done all these dailies and picked up a few really good pieces of gear, then I'd be in there, but I chose not to do the dailies.

Many of the players that show up on the forums need to stop feeling like Blizzard has to hand them their gear. If you aren't at the Ilvl you want to be, it is noone's fault but your own. I understand that many many players can't fit in the time for dailies on their personal schedules, and that sucks, but if you're one, take another route. Period.

While I'm getting burned out on this game, I will always love it, but it absolutely sickens me to see so many people want to do nothing but complain that they can't have their behinds scratched for them while they play. That they have to actually *gasp* put in some form of effort, from one of the many paths in front of them, to scratch their own behind.